Photo

Celepha´s (Mk 1) (EDIT: Now with Construction Variant)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crustacean Freak

Crustacean Freak

Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Patron
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

9526465263_1e2d19a189_z.jpg

Check out the whole set on Flickr!

The Celephaïs was a high-speed multi-role craft built quickly and cheaply to serve the needs of both orbital construction projects and small militias. These tiny agile vessels are rarely seen in peak condition anymore, but the popularity of the Celephaïses led to strong support from aftermarket manufacturers building replacement space drive components, windscreens, computer systems, and add-on modules. The model pictured above is a stock Mark 1 "barn find". No additional modules have been added by this owner, but with growing tension in his quadrant, he has begun hitting the local papers looking for a little extra firepower.

Yes, I built! I started this guy a couple months ago with the engine bits, and finally sat down today to finish as I began to put together my first dedicated "LEGO room". I've started working on a couple attachments, but I really like the way it sits naked. Teehee.

9529250684_61b4f45a58_z.jpg

As always, constructive criticism is appreciated!

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#2 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Great to see people are still building! 

The ship looks fantastic. The color scheme works extremely well and the cockpit's slant forward are pretty darn neat. The back end of the ship kind of reminds me of an X-Wing.

Keep on building; I'd love to see more builds!  :lego_smile:

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#3 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

These are not the droids you're looking for.

Looks good, I like the solid yellow racing stripe that wraps around to the back. I think what you're really missing here  is flood lights of some kind. Space can be a really dark place you know, and it is a civilian craft.

Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#4 Crustacean Freak

Crustacean Freak

Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Patron
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

The ship looks fantastic. The color scheme works extremely well and the cockpit's slant forward are pretty darn neat. The back end of the ship kind of reminds me of an X-Wing.

Thanks, I noticed the X-Wing similarities shortly after I finished the back end as well.

Looks good, I like the solid yellow racing stripe that wraps around to the back. I think what you're really missing here  is flood lights of some kind. Space can be a really dark place you know, and it is a civilian craft.

I took your advice and added standard floodlights to the nose. It does help achieve the mass-produced civilian look I was going for; thanks! I also added some "more powerful" floodlights (with back-up battery packs) on the top two hard points and salvage/construction arms to this construction variant. I also removed the yellow striping on this variant.

9533833019_2c64a8afe7_c.jpg

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#5 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

The arms look super cool. I could see this guy grabbing space debris and hauling it back to a collection ship of some sort or just throwing it into the planet's atmosphere. The floodlights are a good addition, too. Glad you took the advice, it really worked out here. :)

Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#6 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

And I thought it looked good before, this looks fantastic! The arms and lights really give it the "space explorer" feel to it. 

Keep up the building! I'd love to see more MOC's  :lego_smile:

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users