users%2FDoodstormer%2Fcomics%2FTurner_an

Bam, we're live.

Out of mercy and a desire to avoid turning this into an Erik Warhammer's Sprites topic, I'll only post updates here once a week, but it actually updates on Drunkduck ComicFury (since DrunkDuck is a laggy broken site that makes everything a constant battle) on Tuesdays and Fridays if you happen to like websites and clicking and all that stuff. It gets me hits and gets you... More comic, I guess? Anyway, link is in the banner.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#2 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

I love the artwork. Feels old school.

Yeah, this seems to be a pretty good comic forming up.

#3 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Love it, as always Dood. The Admiral is pretty awesome.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#4 Werewolf King

Werewolf King

The night is dark and full of ninjas

• 739 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hurcules is far too bada**. Do more, so I can see him annihilate those pathetic little soldiers.
Posted Image

#5 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Friday! Time for update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#6 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

I'm loving the 'penny dreadful'/pulp comic feel you've got going, Dood. The taglines like 'strongest android in the galaxy!' and the price really add to the feel. I'm liking the variety you've got going with your art, too. Now post more so I can refuse to post comments! :P

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#7 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

Friday again! Update time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"WE WILL SUCCEED WHERE OTHERS HAVE FAILED."

Posted Image

#8 Werewolf King

Werewolf King

The night is dark and full of ninjas

• 739 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Heheh, I love the Captain America shield in the graphic "POW!" :P

Anyway, I admire your ability to consistently draw the same things over and over and have them be recognizable. I've always wanted to do a comic, but my inability to do that makes it difficult...

Continue on, good sir!
Posted Image

#9 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

None of this would have happened if those guys had kept their mouths shut.

Posted Image

#10 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

This is pretty good, I like how you color it so it's a little messy and looks like an old classic comic, and it's also great to see you step out of your comfort zone with all the new variety in poses, angles and dynamic actions. Nice work. :D

Also, that Robot is smoking... what is he smoking and how does smoking work for a robot? :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#11 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Member
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

How did I miss this?
This is awesome dude! Good work! Been awhile since I've seen a drawn comic on this board.

cWFIAIC.gif

#12 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

They just had to say it. Now that poor truck's gonna need replacing. Damn dirty vandals.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#13 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Also, that Robot is smoking... what is he smoking and how does smoking work for a robot? :P

Batteries? Who knows.

ALSO FRIDAY I WONDER WHAT'S IN STORE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dear Guy That Invented Belt-Fed Machine Guns:

Thank you.

Love, America

Posted Image

#14 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

One does have to wonder why, when an immensely powerful enemy barges through a wall, the soldiers it inevitably faces down don't open fire immediately. Presumably they really don't like their jobs. :P

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#15 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hip hip hooray, 'tis Comic Day!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been reading a few of my fellow ComicFury artists' comics, and as it turns out, ComicFury has way less anime and generic superhero comics than DunkDuck.

Posted Image

My personal favorite of the lot is Snarlbear. It's gorgeous, awesome, and well-done, and somehow she manages to update this thing at least once a week with amazing artwork like this. If you want a good read, this is definitely a great place to start. It's one of many comics I've found on Comicfury that completely do away with the ridiculous assumption that you have to have your own domain to be a good comic.

I mean come on, if you can get an ad-free site, optional links back to the host, a forum for support, and don't even have to be listed as part of the site itself all for free, why waste your money?

Posted Image

#16 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, Dood. I really love the superhero feel of the comic so far. The humor in it I think is well-placed and I'm enjoying the colors and the art of this one, too.

I look forward to the next batch already. :D

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#17 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Friday!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Page 17, we're halfway through!

Posted Image

#18 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, sketchbook has been updated.

Posted Image

#19 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Friday, Friday, gonna blow up stuff on Fridayyy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well we know where he isn't.

Posted Image

#20 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well Dood, I am definitely impressed by the consistency of your artwork and your updates. I've been following this for a bit now and It's kept my interest pretty well, though every once in awhile there might be a weird perspective issue. Still, it's very good, and I'll be reading!

I actually had a question though. What website do you use for hosting? My friend and I are starting up a webcomic soon and I just wanted to get some advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users