Photo

Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook: In Glorious Technicolor!

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

POPULAR

Long title. :P

Hello everyone! And welcome to Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook! Now brought to you in glorious technicolor! :D

Well it's been a while since I've shown you guys anything I've drawn, and a lot has changed. I've been working really hard on improving my artistic skills, and I've made a lot of progress that I'm eager to share with you all. But I wouldn't have made it anywhere close to where I am now without you guys. All the support and kindness you've given me in the past gave me the motivation to grow and improve, so thank you all so much for that. And with your continued support, I hope to grow as an artist and improve even more!

Now, enough diddly dallying, let's get this show on the road!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And there is plenty more where this came from folks! If you enjoyed or tolerated it and you'd like or can bear to see more, get a postin' and I'll show ya some more art! :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#2 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

I love the one with the girl looking into the lake and seeing her warewolf self.

I like the clock one. Very interesting and dark.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#3 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Nice job, Harry! What are you using to color? Photoshop?

Wait, is that vampire wearing plaid? I just can't see a vampire wearing plaid. Now, a werewolf would be a different story. :P

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#4 1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

• Nova Patron
  • 10,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

What ever happened to "I'll draw some of our IRC moments"? I'm still waiting to see some great Deadland and D&D moments on paper.

giphy.gif

#5 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

As I mentioned over Skype, I really like these little sketchy-type things. My favourite is probably the vampire one, which just looks fantastic with your art style. Can't wait to see what you do with the concept sketches! I really like the coloured picture of Alys, too, though I think the grass could do with some decoration - maybe some little flowers?

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#6 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

I love the one with the girl looking into the lake and seeing her warewolf self.

I like the clock one. Very interesting and dark.

Thanks! :D

Nice job, Harry! What are you using to color? Photoshop?

Wait, is that vampire wearing plaid? I just can't see a vampire wearing plaid. Now, a werewolf would be a different story. :P

Thank you! :D GIMP, actually. And I wouldn't say "using," more like stumbling my way through. :P

Heh, it may be a bit more suited to werewolves, but it can work for Vampires too! He's not the first Vampire to wear plaid, either.

Spoiler

:P What Time is iiiiitt...?

What ever happened to "I'll draw some of our IRC moments"? I'm still waiting to see some great Deadland and D&D moments on paper.

I might do that eventually. :P

As I mentioned over Skype, I really like these little sketchy-type things. My favourite is probably the vampire one, which just looks fantastic with your art style. Can't wait to see what you do with the concept sketches! I really like the coloured picture of Alys, too, though I think the grass could do with some decoration - maybe some little flowers?

Thanks! That really means a lot! :D And no, no flowers, that's a dramatic piece. Flowers are too happy. :P

Now since this only got four posts, I'll wait for a few more before posting some more colored stuff. :P So I'll just show ya guys some sketches.

Ter Loki, or whatever the heck his name is currently, asked me to do some concept art for his Sci-Fi universe, Ex Astris, which you can read about if you dig around through his stuff. He just started sign-ups for an RP set in the universe too. http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9175

So here are the drawings!

First round of sketches.

Posted Image

Second Round of Sketches.

Posted Image

Third Round.

Posted Image

And these sketches are specifically of the enigmatic Varlos race.

Posted Image

#7 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Patron
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

And thus two years later, Harry could draw female proportions well.

:P

In all seriousness, I do love your art style. Very well-done, and fairly unique. There's maybe a slight int of a Butch Hartman vibe I'm picking, but still totally it's own style. It's all very nice, truly.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#8 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Love the artwork! So unique and very well done!

Posted Image

#9 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Like I said via PM, awesome job man, and thanks for helping out. Really love how the raseth in the second image turned out, everyone that sent me something tried their hand at them, but that drawing right there is right on the money. The D'kor soldier in that image is giving me a vibe somewhere between Turian and Asari for some reason, and I'm liking it, I may actually run with that for... A certain part of the RP that may come into play and would be very spoilery. The human officer is also giving me a few ideas on that train of thought, but, again, spoilers that I'm not sure if anything will even come from. As for the third image, do my eyes deceive me, or is that Gordon Freeman? :P Also, that Lomai's looking really chill, about like how I pictured Dr. Kalija in manner actually.

Great work as always, keep it up! I may have something for you in a day or so, but first I need to finish my own drawings. To AutoCAD!

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#10 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, yeah. Do the part where Arby flambes me and Janitor. That moment, is nothing else, deserves to be preserved for all to see.

On a less snarky note, great job on all of these. I especially like the vampire dude from the third picture. He just looks...so...completely in over his head.
Posted Image

#11 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

I like the crazy clock drawing quite a bit, and I really admire your style. The Ex Astris art looks really neat! I tried my own hand at a semi realistic Raseth drawing but it just came out... weird. Yours looks awesome though! Nice work! :D

#12 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, I'm late to the party... Sawwy!

Anyhoot, these are great! I'm really liking the vampire, he's just so hip! Kinda reminds me of Zechariah from "The Astounding Wolf-Man".

The color one is nice, I didn't know Alys was a Werewolf, 'course, the RP didn't last long enough for me to find out. :P

And the rest are just as great! Like the soldier dude from the "Second Round of Sketches"!

Also, do you scan your drawings or take a picture of them?
If you scan them, what kind of scanner do you use?

Edited by Amarok, 25 June 2012 - 10:42 PM.

emily-blunt.gif

#13 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

And thus two years later, Harry could draw female proportions well.

:P

In all seriousness, I do love your art style. Very well-done, and fairly unique. There's maybe a slight int of a Butch Hartman vibe I'm picking, but still totally it's own style. It's all very nice, truly.

I know, right? :P Took me a while to get to this point.

Thanks so much! :D Although I haven't consciously been inspired by his art, I did watch a ton of Fairy Odd Parents and Danny Phantom, so he might have subconsciously been an influence. :P I could list several artists who have directly inspired and influenced me if anyone's interested.

Love the artwork! So unique and very well done!

Thank you! :D

Like I said via PM, awesome job man, and thanks for helping out. Really love how the raseth in the second image turned out, everyone that sent me something tried their hand at them, but that drawing right there is right on the money. The D'kor soldier in that image is giving me a vibe somewhere between Turian and Asari for some reason, and I'm liking it, I may actually run with that for... A certain part of the RP that may come into play and would be very spoilery. The human officer is also giving me a few ideas on that train of thought, but, again, spoilers that I'm not sure if anything will even come from. As for the third image, do my eyes deceive me, or is that Gordon Freeman? :P Also, that Lomai's looking really chill, about like how I pictured Dr. Kalija in manner actually.

Great work as always, keep it up! I may have something for you in a day or so, but first I need to finish my own drawings. To AutoCAD!

Thanks! :D And my pleasure, I'm having a ton of fun doing this, and it's a great challenge and exercise for me. :D Wow, thank you! Glad you love the Raseth! Reference pictures really helped. :P

Hahah, cool! I have no idea what you're thinking of, but I'm glad to help. :D

Haha, no, it's not really supposed to be Gordon Freeman, but it could be, I wasn't really thinking of anything or anyone in particular, I just drew it. :P

Sweet! I was just trying to experiment with giving the aliens personality. I was thinking some kinda casual pilot when I drew that. :P

Great! I'm happy to do more. :D

Yeah, yeah. Do the part where Arby flambes me and Janitor. That moment, is nothing else, deserves to be preserved for all to see.

On a less snarky note, great job on all of these. I especially like the vampire dude from the third picture. He just looks...so...completely in over his head.

Heheh, we'll see. :P

Hahah, thanks! :D And kinda, I was just playing around with expressions. :P

I like the crazy clock drawing quite a bit, and I really admire your style. The Ex Astris art looks really neat! I tried my own hand at a semi realistic Raseth drawing but it just came out... weird. Yours looks awesome though! Nice work! :D

Major Thanks, Tom. :D

Yeah, I'm late to the party... Sawwy!

Anyhoot, these are great! I'm really liking the vampire, he's just so hip! Kinda reminds me of Zechariah from "The Astounding Wolf-Man".

The color one is nice, I didn't know Alys was a Werewolf, 'course, the RP didn't last long enough for me to find out. :P

And the rest are just as great! Like the soldier dude from the "Second Round of Sketches"!

Also, do you scan your drawings or take a picture of them?
If you scan them, what kind of scanner do you use?

No trouble, better late than never. :P

Thank you! :D I've never heard of that though. :P

Hahah, thanks, and no worries, you'll get to know her when she's starring in her own comic. :)

Thanks! :D

I scan em, which is why it's kinda dark on the ends of some of them, from when the sketchbook doesn't fit and the paper isn't laying flat. I simply use an HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-one printer/scanner/copier. I think Scorp has referred to them as complete rubbish before, but it serves my purposes. :P

I'll just scan the drawings to a flashdrive, and upload the drawings to my computer, where I'll use GIMP to crop off excess space and white balance to darken the lines so they're easier to see.

Now, who wants to see another colored piece of Alys? :D

Posted Image

#14 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I love the way they're in a tear drop. So cute and perfect and it kind of reminds me of a tight bubble to show how close the two individuals are. Very very nice!

I'm in love with the shading you did with the water!

Posted Image

#15 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hahah, thanks, and no worries, you'll get to know her when she's starring in her own comic. :) Thanks! :D I scan em, which is why it's kinda dark on the ends of some of them, from when the sketchbook doesn't fit and the paper isn't laying flat. I simply use an HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-one printer/scanner/copier. I think Scorp has referred to them as complete rubbish before, but it serves my purposes. :P I'll just scan the drawings to a flashdrive, and upload the drawings to my computer, where I'll use GIMP to crop off excess space and white balance to darken the lines so they're easier to see.

Ah, got it. They turn out great!

Awh,It's so sweet! ^_^

As Burny said, I like the tear drop, and the lighting/shading is top notch!

emily-blunt.gif

#16 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I love the way they're in a tear drop. So cute and perfect and it kind of reminds me of a tight bubble to show how close the two individuals are. Very very nice!

I'm in love with the shading you did with the water!

Thanks! :D I really do like how this one turned out, and there's a couple symbols I put in there that say a lot if you can figure them out. :P Here's a hint: Remember Alys is a werewolf.

Thanks! Blue is the only color that cooperates with me with shading. :P

Ah, got it. They turn out great!

Awh,It's so sweet! ^_^

As Burny said, I like the tear drop, and the lighting/shading is top notch!

Thanks, for all three comments! :D

And now just a little update, for Burngirl.

Posted Image

Just a little drawing of her RP character Charlotte Chou from Beyond Redemption. I hope ya like it! :D

EDIT: Fun fact: it's over a quarter till 5 in the morning as I post this. Hahahah, I'm not right in the head.

EDIT: EDIT: Another Fun Fact, only two other members are online right now. Either they're as nocturnal as I am or just in a more appropriate time zone. Hello Baconheart and Ter!

I should stop coming back to this to blather and just go to bed.

#17 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

EDIT: EDIT: Another Fun Fact, only two other members are online right now. Either they're as nocturnal as I am or just in a more appropriate time zone. Hello Baconheart and Ter!

I can't sleep soundly unless I know the sun has actually risen. That and the cats keep me up.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#18 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yahoo! OMG! I lovelovelovelolovelovelove it! Thank you so much, Harry!

Edited by Burngirl, 27 June 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

EDIT: Fun fact: it's over a quarter till 5 in the morning as I post this. Hahahah, I'm not right in the head.

I've noticed that most of the Novas come alive near midnight.

Anyhoot, nice drawing of Charlotte! A good reminder for me to finish my version. :P Her hands are top notch, as is her facial features, keep up the great work!

emily-blunt.gif

#20 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ooh, it's Charlotte! That's pretty good, I gotta say. Oh, and that picture of the couple embracing in that teardrop is totally adorable. Good stuff, as usual. :D

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users