Photo

Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook: In Glorious Technicolor!

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#201 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Great stuff as always, Harry! I might end up doing a new sig with your newer stuff sometime soon. I love the motion you captured with Ghost and the man he slew. The Crazy one at the top was stupendous. And the last one looks awesome. I wish you'd share the story behind that one. It seems to have such a great background behind the character.

Keep up the good work!

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#202 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Great stuff as always, Harry! I might end up doing a new sig with your newer stuff sometime soon. I love the motion you captured with Ghost and the man he slew. The Crazy one at the top was stupendous. And the last one looks awesome. I wish you'd share the story behind that one. It seems to have such a great background behind the character.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much! That'd be great. :D

Haha, yeah, I call that Peter's "You just killed a loved one right in front of me I'm going to kill you" face. :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#203 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Oh. My. God. This is just... amazing. All of it. I could probably nit-pick Ghost's pose, but holy mother of God that last picture is depressing and beautiful and I don't even know. Keep up the good work!

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#204 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

THERE IT IS, THAT'S THE FACE OF DENIAL!

Yes it is. I prefer women that won't kill me in my sleep. Or when I'm awake either. :P

Hahahaha, sure! Awkwardness aside you'd be a fun roomie!

You're nice to say that. I can bake a killer cake! Among other delicacies. :P

Aaaaaaand SATURDAAAAAY!

Crazy does not begin to describe what I'm seeing. Spine chilling, frightening, sinister, those words describe it better. The black and white color scheme works so well for the image, it's perfect! Her creepy triangle face is superb, paired with those eyes it's like the Cheshire cat... with a kitchen knife...

Ooooh! Ghost looks so epic! I mean, trench-coat - check - Stubble and excellent hair - check - Sword - check - Can cut people in half - check - All the bench marks of a glorious character!

That last image... Evokes exactly what you want, the feeling of heart wrenching pain and rage. Superbly illustrated my friend! One of your best works!

emily-blunt.gif

#205 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Member
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

You know, I was re-reading some old works of mine, and I was wondering Harry...

Would you be interested in drawing some characters from Nightfall, that were-folk RP from a few years ago? I kind of want to see Old Man Nocturne grumbling about those childish were-foxes :P

cWFIAIC.gif

#206 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

POPULAR

Oh. My. God. This is just... amazing. All of it. I could probably nit-pick Ghost's pose, but holy mother of God that last picture is depressing and beautiful and I don't even know. Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much! :D

Yes it is. I prefer women that won't kill me in my sleep. Or when I'm awake either. :P

You're nice to say that. I can bake a killer cake! Among other delicacies. :P

Crazy does not begin to describe what I'm seeing. Spine chilling, frightening, sinister, those words describe it better. The black and white color scheme works so well for the image, it's perfect! Her creepy triangle face is superb, paired with those eyes it's like the Cheshire cat... with a kitchen knife...

Ooooh! Ghost looks so epic! I mean, trench-coat - check - Stubble and excellent hair - check - Sword - check - Can cut people in half - check - All the bench marks of a glorious character!

That last image... Evokes exactly what you want, the feeling of heart wrenching pain and rage. Superbly illustrated my friend! One of your best works!

Most men seem to look for that for some reason, I can't fathom why.

Mmm. Cake.

Hahahahah, thanks! I like comparing her to the Cheshire Cat, that definitely suits her. :D

Heheh, awesome, thanks!

Thanks so much! Glad ya like it. :)

And now it's Trench Coat-erday! Egad that's awful but that's because this drawing and the other drawing I'll post later both involve trench coats It's like a theme.

Posted Image

I think most of you are familiar with Joseph Strangway, protagonist of Jlblue's amazing film noir comic Black Thursday. I dunno, I just felt like drawin' him.

Enjoy! And check back in later for more drawings! :D

#207 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Man, that looks so good. :D I especially liked how wrinkly all his clothes are. Come to think of it, he does seem like the type who would not be particularly concerned with ironing his clothes. :P

And I can't wait to see what other betrenchcoated (is that a word?) folks you end up drawing. :D

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#208 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I love it! I really like how the cigarette looks, the wrinkly clothes are wonderful, the facial expression is so perfect, and the angle on the revolver is awesome.
More please!
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#209 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

That is an awesome drawing! I don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said, so sorry for the un-interesting comment. :P
I love the cig' smoke, really good stuff there! I only have one nitpick. Where are the belt loops on the trench-coat?

emily-blunt.gif

#210 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

POPULAR

Man, that looks so good. :D I especially liked how wrinkly all his clothes are. Come to think of it, he does seem like the type who would not be particularly concerned with ironing his clothes. :P

Hehe, thanks! Glad you like it! :D

I love it! I really like how the cigarette looks, the wrinkly clothes are wonderful, the facial expression is so perfect, and the angle on the revolver is awesome.
More please!

Thanks so much! :D

That is an awesome drawing! I don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said, so sorry for the un-interesting comment. :P
I love the cig' smoke, really good stuff there! I only have one nitpick. Where are the belt loops on the trench-coat?

Thanks! And the belt loops were a weird thing, I loosely referenced this off my own trench coat which doesn't really have them in the front like that. *shrug*

And Saturday! Not sure how to put that more interestingly since it's 5 Am. WAHEY.

Posted Image

Just a little somethin' I made for my Mother's Birthday. She's a huge Jason Statham fangirl, so what's a better gift than him serving up a strawberry tart?

I'll try to post some more stuff later, but every time I say that I seem to fail to do so. :P So enjoy the tart!

#211 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Thanks! And the belt loops were a weird thing, I loosely referenced this off my own trench coat which doesn't really have them in the front like that. *shrug*

You have trench coat? Me too! Except it doesn't have the belt at all.

Anyhoot, that tart looks scrum-dilly-licious! And Jason looks mighty fine! And... I don't know what else to say... So I'm writing this bit of text to sorta fill out this comment. :P

emily-blunt.gif

#212 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I find it inexplicably funny that he's just saying "strawberry tart" with no other words or even any puncutation. :P

Good stuff as per usual, man. I'm especially impressed that you did a pretty accurate, lifelike likeness of a celebrity given your normal, stylized style.

I just realized that sentence contained two pretty redundant redundancies. :P

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#213 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

POPULAR

You have trench coat? Me too! Except it doesn't have the belt at all.

Anyhoot, that tart looks scrum-dilly-licious! And Jason looks mighty fine! And... I don't know what else to say... So I'm writing this bit of text to sorta fill out this comment. :P

Of course, would you expect anything less from me? :P Trouble is where I live isn't really cold enough to permit wearing it.

Thankee! Comment filler is okay. :P

I find it inexplicably funny that he's just saying "strawberry tart" with no other words or even any puncutation. :P

Good stuff as per usual, man. I'm especially impressed that you did a pretty accurate, lifelike likeness of a celebrity given your normal, stylized style.

I just realized that sentence contained two pretty redundant redundancies. :P

Thanks! :D Glad ya like it.

Yeah, that was tricky, it's hard to draw people so that they're recognizable. Good to know I pulled it off. :D

No worries, in fact my uncle works at the Department of Redundancy Department.

FWOAR IT'S NOT STATURDAY. WHAT'S HAPPENING. Well since you asked, Mr. Platypus, I shall tell you. Thing is I'm on Spring Break and I'm going to be spending it overseas exploring the Emerald Isles of Ireland! I'll be gone for a week and I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I have no idea what the interweb situation will be over there so I'm just giving y'all an update now to tide ya over. When I return I'm hoping to have some new drawings and some cool photos to show you guys! But for now, here's this frivolity.

Posted Image

Just a little entry for the Nova Refuge Harmony design contest. This is supposed to be a Scout Walker for the Achmer species, an aquatic lot that rely heavily on computers and tech in their symmetrical, practical vehicles. The main idea behind this little walker is that it has an internal gyroscopic cockpit that stays right side up no matter which way the body goes, and never fails to be standing thanks to the caltrop-like arrangement of its tentacle arms. Also lasers can be fired from the center of each claw. Yay. I honestly just love the War of the Worlds vibe all Achmer vehicles have. :P

Kinda rough ink and pencil, but I don't have time to clean it up. Ideally I'd like to go back and try to add color in the near future.

Enjoy!

Okay warning, these next two drawings are on... LINED PAPER! WAHAHAA

It's almost three AM wheeee.

Posted Image

Working on finalizing some armor designs for a few characters from The Hexagon. This here is Jack Sutherland, call-sign Grenade. Obviously heavy weapons expert and the heavy hitting tank of the four-man Zeta Squad, an experimental unit of Magic-using supersoldiers.

He rigged mini-speakers into his armor to play really loud music when he goes into fights.

Posted Image

Dis guy is Chris Sutherland, call sign "Shock" and brother of Jack "Grenade" Sutherland. His armor incorporates elemental electrical magic that he'll build up with the lightning rod apparatus this on his back to channel into blasts and zaps, or charge through wire cables that extend from his gauntlets that he can use to whip around and do fancy stuff. Yeah this description is terrible, it's 3 am and thinking has become quite the challenge.

Hope you all enjoy! I'll see y'all in a week! Remember to Like, Favorite, and Subscribe!

Wait that's not right...

#214 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm really digging the caltropbot. It reminds me of the giant evil robot in The Incredibles combined with Jango Fett (the funky lines on the body make me thing of the T-shaped visor).

And Shock is really cool. The way he and the other Zeta Squad dudes have a unified appearance while still having a lot of individualisation with each set of armour is really cool.

You're now also obligated to draw Mr Platypus, who will become my avatar forever.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#215 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Oooh, I love the armor designs, Harry, and the robot. This makes me want to see more!

You goin' to me heritage's homeland? Republic or Northern?
I hope you have a great trip to see the green and the castles and the towns!

Posted Image

#216 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Ooh, I really like how Shock and Grenade both have their own unique look, but also have a similar enough aesthetic that they obviously belong together. Very nicely done!
And you probably won't see this because your going to be gone, but I think you should draw more often. 1-3 drawings a week isn't enough. Do you still take minor requests? Nothing huge, just quick sketches. See ya next week!
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#217 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Ireland, eh? Unfortunately I cannot convey my awesome imitation of an Irish accent with just text... <_<

Anyway, your drawings are, as usual, superb!
I love your Achmer drawing, it's so... Round 'n' stuff. :P
And instead of saying exactly what everyone else has said about Grenade and Shock, about how they "... have their own unique look but, still have a lot of individualization...", I'll just say, how much I like Grenade's Gauntlet blade and Shock's electo-whips. :P

emily-blunt.gif

#218 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

POPULAR

I'm really digging the caltropbot. It reminds me of the giant evil robot in The Incredibles combined with Jango Fett (the funky lines on the body make me thing of the T-shaped visor).And Shock is really cool. The way he and the other Zeta Squad dudes have a unified appearance while still having a lot of individualisation with each set of armour is really cool.You're now also obligated to draw Mr Platypus, who will become my avatar forever.

Haha, you're totally right, it is like the omnidroid. XD
Thanks! That was what I was aiming for. :P
Hahaha, I'll see what I can do. :D

Oooh, I love the armor designs, Harry, and the robot. This makes me want to see more!You goin' to me heritage's homeland? Republic or Northern?I hope you have a great trip to see the green and the castles and the towns!

Thanks! :D

The Republic is where I went! And it was a fantastic trip, absolutely lovely country and tons of nice people, spectacular landscape and ruins and castles. :D

Ooh, I really like how Shock and Grenade both have their own unique look, but also have a similar enough aesthetic that they obviously belong together. Very nicely done!And you probably won't see this because your going to be gone, but I think you should draw more often. 1-3 drawings a week isn't enough. Do you still take minor requests? Nothing huge, just quick sketches. See ya next week!

Thankee! :D
Hah, I dunno, but I have a little speech about requests at de end of dis post.

Ireland, eh? Unfortunately I cannot convey my awesome imitation of an Irish accent with just text... <_<Anyway, your drawings are, as usual, superb! I love your Achmer drawing, it's so... Round 'n' stuff. :PAnd instead of saying exactly what everyone else has said about Grenade and Shock, about how they "... have their own unique look but, still have a lot of individualization...", I'll just say, how much I like Grenade's Gauntlet blade and Shock's electo-whips. :P

Hah, that's okay, cause I can't do an accent that doesn't make people wanna throw things at me. XD
Hahah thanks.
Hahahah, well points for going against the norm, thanks! XD

SATURDAY. SATURDAY. SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT.
Okay so I've been REALLY bad with requests lately. Like really bad. So I'm gonna do my best to complete most of the request I promised, working backwards from the more recent requests to the older ones. Starting off is a request from Jlblue, which I also added onto to fulfill a drawing I owe Amarok, so hope you guys like it. :D
Posted Image

Jlblue requested that I draw a character of his from an RP he's in called Beyond Redemption. I think it's about Space Pirates. He requested I draw his character, Arlandria, on the right, and I threw in my Amarok's character Ethan on the left, since dere characters are in LURV.

Also go full view on da drawin', it looks a lot better up close. Enjoy! :D I might try and get some more drawings up if you're especially kind to Mr. Platypus.

#219 old-altair

old-altair

that dude

• Nova Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Heyyo!
Just some things I want to say.
You must do Vault Boy from Fallout.
Also, when I get the story up on here, can you please do the characters from my story? Please?
EDIT: Booker DeWitt. Bioshock Infinite. Now.

Edited by xAltair7x, 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM.

"EXTERMINATE!"

-Dalek Extra #18302

#220 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Oh, my gosh, Ethan and Arlandria turned out so PERFECT!!! I love it I love it I love it!!
Harry, you're one awesome artist.
Keep up the fantastic work!!!

P.S. I might dawn the pic you did for me a while back. I love your work. ;)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users