News LEGO Art and Writing Forums About Me
Shop Shop: Minifigs Shop: Decals Shop: Accessories Shop: Instructions Shop: Novels

Photo

Battle of Cephei Prime

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

First day being pink? Welcome to hell.

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

Battle of Cephei Prime

Almost 100 years after the fall of the Covenant and the destruction of the Flood the UNSC is back and better than ever. And the mysterious ONI Section Three somehow managed to create an army of Spartan-IVs. Nobody knows how, but they don't really care anyway. Now the UNSC is reclaiming all of its old systems including one called Cephei. This system contains only one inhabitable planet but that planet it so much like Earth that the UNSC has to do whatever it can to reclaim it.

After 2 colony ships mysteriously disappeared when sent to Cephei Prime 5 of the UNSC's most powerful ships(the UNSC Titan, UNSC Leviathon, UNSC Cyclops, UNSC Behemoth and UNSC Hammer) were sent to solve the problem. The UNSC Titan was carrying a special load to be sent to the planet's surface and kill anything that might threaten a colony. This load is called Alpha Squadron. A team of about 100 Spartan-IVs led by the last living Spartan-II(ME) who survived in cryo on Reach for 120 years. The space battle will be covered by the UNSC Titan Fleet and Omega Squadron.

Nobody knows how ONI got the research for Spartan-IVs as Dr. Halsey went missing after Spartan-IIIs. The only technological advancements are the use of Super MACs in ships, experimental plasma weapons, improved slipspace jumps and obviously improved weapons. Nothing too major because humanity has spent most of the last 100 years taking back its old systems and killing remaining pockets of Covenant. It took Humanity about two decades to rebuild Reach and another 3 decades to renew the UNSC to its original strength.

Sign-ups
Role: Spartan, ODST, Captain
Name/Rank: Ranks must be Navy.
Primary Weapon: AR, BR, Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, etc.
Secondary Weapon: Same choices as primary, but cannot be same weapon.
Personality: Vengeful? Natural leader? Up to you. If you say coward I will hunt you down and eat your face.
Appearance: Pictures preffered. Do not give them standard Mark-V or Mark-VI armor.

[b]
Role:
Name/Rank: [/b]
 [b]Age: [/b]
 [b]Gender: [/b]
 [b]Primary Weapon: [/b]
[b]Secondary Weapon: [/b]
 [b]Personality:[/b]
 [b]Appearance:
[/b]

This is my guy:
Role: Spartan
Name/Rank: Senior Chief Petty Officer Jackson-118
Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle
Secondary Weapon: DMR
Personality: An arrogant natural-born leader
Appearance: Posted Image

Anybody can join anytime until the RP ends.

#2 Black-Cat

Black-Cat

Come and make my day

• Freebie
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

A little more backstory about the Spartans and what happened in the last century would be nice to know. For example, technological advancements? What's so different about the new Spartans from the old ones.

Beyond Redemption, my new part time job. Awesome job by Burngirl, by the way.

SaulLeesignature.png

VictorSig.png

#3 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Like I said most of that is a mystery. Nobody knows how ONI got the research for Spartan-IVs as Dr. Halsey died(I think) after Spartan-IIIs. The only technological advancements are the use of Super MACs in ships, experimental plasma weapons, improved slipspace jumps and obviously improved weapons. Nothing too major because humanity has spent most of the last 100 years taking back its old systems and killing remaining pockets of Covenant and Flood. It took Humanity about two decades to rebuild Reach and another 3 decades to renew the UNSC to its original strength.

#4 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Terrible thing, to have your identity taken from you.

• Freebie
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Dude, Halsey didn't die. She got trapped in a slipspace pocket or something with a group of SPARTAN II's and III's. Also, the Flood were all on High Charity, which then crashed on the Ark. Chief promptly blew that to smithereens, and the very last remaining Flood were on the unfinished Halo when the Chief sent that up in smoke too, taking the Ark with it. So the idea that the UNSC continued to hunt Flood makes no sense.
Also, I doubt it would take a hundred years to wipe out the last pockets of Covenant. Without the leadership of the Prophets, the Brutes returned to a quarrelling, tribal state, and the Elites hunted down most of these within a few years of the war ending. It's all out there on either Halo Waypoint or Halopedia.

I'm sorry, but the backstory is both lacking in detail and incorrect on several points. Call me a geek, but if you're gonna do it, do it right.

EDIT: Oh, and really? SPARTAN 118? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Edited by Darkwoods, 25 February 2012 - 05:00 PM.

1973c37c-1a81-44db-a08d-bfcf6fdc5c4d_zps

#5 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Well sorry but the only other 2 spartans I have enough info on are a girl and a Spartan-IV. Also, the UNSC not only had to wipe out pockets of covvie resistance, they also had to rebuild their 'empire'. They did a lot. Read it again if you think I am wrong.

#6 Amator Bellum

Amator Bellum

forgot about dre

• Nova Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Name/Rank: Admiral Of The Generals Of The Navies And Armies (AOTGOTNAA) Master N. Commander 999
Primary Weapon: Shoulder mounted MAC
Secondary Weapon: Shoulder mounted Hunter
Personality: He is sarcastic but also serious, cowardly while being brave, and strong while also pretty weak (both emotionally and physically)
Appearance:
Spoiler

I think this character fits in your canon fairly comfortably.

#7 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Name/Rank: Admiral Of The Generals Of The Navies And Armies (AOTGOTNAA) Master N. Commander 999
Primary Weapon: Shoulder mounted MAC
Secondary Weapon: Shoulder mounted Hunter
Personality: He is sarcastic but also serious, cowardly while being brave, and strong while also pretty weak (both emotionally and physically)
Appearance:

Spoiler

I think this character fits in your canon fairly comfortably.

Saint, this is a serious topic I don't think you even read it you probably just looked at some of Darkwoods's posts and thought this was a joke.

#8 Style

Style

Outrunner

• Freebie
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Anybody well versed in the Halo lore will not want to join this RP. I'm just letting you know right now.

2ed1ai1.png

#9 Lazer Dragoon

Lazer Dragoon

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

While I have to admit the story's a little flawed I want to see where it goes so

Name/Rank: Major Alan-615
Primary Weapon: Shotgun
Secondary Weapon: SMG
Personality: Enjoys a good fight and likes to taunt his enemys, and is quite sarcastic, which makes him lacking in knowing when to retreat.
Appearance: Mainly dark red with some dark blue C.Q.B..
(sorry I cant get an image)

#10 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,411 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Why would we want to capture and colonize an inhabitable planet?

Posted Image
Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#11 Lazer Dragoon

Lazer Dragoon

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

ya i was thinking that to but i just assumed a typo or something

#12 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Why would we want to capture and colonize an inhabitable planet?

Because, it is a place for humanity to put a colony. Also the definition of inhabitable - fit for habitation; "the habitable world. And lazerdragoon I might be able to find a picture that would work for your guy.

#13 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

I am looking for people of certain fighting styles:
Heavy Weapons
Posted Image CQBPosted ImageStealth/Sniper/Insertion
Posted Image

#14 Amator Bellum

Amator Bellum

forgot about dre

• Nova Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

FINE, I'll re-do the sign up.

Name/Rank: Rear Admiral Dmitri A. Mikhailovich
Primary Weapon: Pistol (Halo 1)
Secondary Weapon: N/A
Personality: Very administrative and intelligent but not as apt in combat as others would be.
Appearance:
Spoiler

#15 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Wow. That was actually a good signup. If you seriously want to join you could be commanding the UNSC Titan in the battle over Cephei Prime if you want.

EDIT: I am going to put in ODST and captain signups if anyone is interested. ODSTs will be fighting the battle down on Cephei with Alpha Squadron.

Edited by Yava the Immortal, 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#16 Lazer Dragoon

Lazer Dragoon

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

And lazerdragoon I might be able to find a picture that would work for your guy.

#17 Yava the Immortal

Yava the Immortal

• Nova Member
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

And you know you could always be an ODST if you want. I am gonna try to get them in as reinforcements after something goes terribly wrong.

#18 Lazer Dragoon

Lazer Dragoon

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

sure ill be a melee weapons ODST. i will be keeping my personality though, oh speaking of which add cocky and competitive to the list. il also be keeping my armour colour though of course itll be an odst.

Edited by Lazer Dragoon, 25 February 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#19 Style

Style

Outrunner

• Freebie
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Role: SPARTAN IV
Name/Rank: S-666 Josh "GRIMWRATH"/Sub-Lieutenant
Primary Weapon: Dual spec-ops contraband energy swords, the ones that are red.
Secondary Weapon: Dual knives.
Personality: GRIMWRATH has felt nothing but hate for most of his life. An unintended side-effect from his SPARTAN IV augmentations, he copes with this by brutally eviscerating his enemies, however he has a sense of honor and lets his enemies have a fair chance to fight him.
Appearance: His armor is standard MARK-VII MJOLNIR ARMOR, with black primary and crimson secondary color. He has a built in black ghillie hood that he wears all the time, and his helmet has a solid black visor. He has the word "KILL" etched into both shoulder pads of his armor. He also has a UNSC "HOPPER" JUMP PACK that is also black.

Though he rarely takes off his helmet, this is his what his face looks like.
Posted Image

Edited by Style, 25 February 2012 - 10:52 PM.

2ed1ai1.png

#20 Amator Bellum

Amator Bellum

forgot about dre

• Nova Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I would greatly prefer if the Rear Admiral was directly in the battle. He is a hands on kind of guy even if he doesn't have as much battle-capability as everyone else. He needs to be at the frontline or I rescind my application.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users