Photo

Freeloh's Art Central

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

I got tired of sitting around, watching others make theirs, so what was I to do but make my own art topic? I wasn't sure where to start, so I figured I'd begin with some things I've already posted:

Barry Clark, my character in Grom's RP, Forty Dead Men. Shown here alongside his pet weasel, Rocky. Let's just say unique characters are my specialty... ;)

Posted Image

It could be better, but I didn't feel like over-detailing it. And sorry about the bad picture quality, that can happen when you use a camera for art. *shrugs*

And Archie Rentalius, my rogue for Dood's RP, Battle for Frostclaw. Actually, at the time of this writing (typing?), he isn't officially "in," but whatever. :P

Posted Image

Every drawing, for me, is kind of an experimentation on my own style, so nothing is exactly the same. Which is really useful for making cool characters. :lol:

So now that those are out of the way, let's get on to some newer works. How about we begin with eggs?

Okay, so I should probably explain. The eggs are basically renditions of eggs, as just about any archetype, character, theme, person, or idea you can imagine. I have done them in the past, though I just took them up again recently, because they're both unique and fun to draw. And maybe, just maybe, some of you would enjoy using them as avatars. At least I can hope, right? So, without further adieu, I present the first egg:

Posted Image
The ninjegg. I'll admit, this one wasn't special- it's just a black egg with eye-holes and ninja weapons (a shuriken and a shinobigatana- ninjas were much too poor to afford true katanas, unlike the samurai, so instead they had shinobigatanas, basically shorter, lower-quality versions of the same thing. At least my eggs are historically accurate! ;) )

...Anyway... next we have an egg from what is undeniably the greatest game of all time, The Legend of Zelda- this one based particularly off of Ocarina of Time. We have Link!

Posted Image

There isn't much to explain here. I try to keep the eggs simple, while retaining the feel of the subject, and I think Egg-Link pulls this off well. I did, however, make sure to at least keep his Master Sword and Hylian shield semi-accurate. I do like the way this one turned out. Anyway, though, I think you understand how the eggs work now, so I'll have one more to quell you. The picture (and words written on it :P) should make it pretty obvious what it is...

Posted Image

... It's a random cowboy. I was bored, and I figured I should make something new, that isn't egg-related, for the topic, so I did. There really isn't much to say about him. And though this picture may or may not show it, you can tell in person that his mouth is supposed to be open, but whatever. I think he looks decent, though I'm unsure whether I prefer inking or not. On one hand, it makes the lines clearer, but on the other hand, it darkens the picture, leaving out some detail. Maybe I'll decide on one eventually... or maybe not.

And as for requests: I will take requests for eggs, under most circumstances. It can be based off of something else, or your own creation- it doesn't matter! And don't forget, eggs can make some nice avatars. ;) However, you should specify whether it is for an avatar or not- if so, I'll play around with cropping until its dimensions are good for an avatar, AND color it! If not, I usually won't go through the trouble of adding color, and just show the whole paper and whatnot, because I'm lazy. :D I might accept a request for something un-eggy, but only if it seems worth doing. Still, don't let that discourage you- feel free to request anything! (Well, almost anything- you know what's not allowed!) ;) Anyway, I hope you liked them, and hope you will like my future drawings even more. :)

Edited by Freeloh, 16 July 2011 - 07:50 AM.

Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

#2 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

I love the eggs and the cowboy and the weird rogue guy... the guy swinging a squirrel round in his fist confuses me, but i've draw stranger art Posted Image.

So far I like your style, and I think the inking you've done on the cowboy works really well. I will say that if your going to be putting art up on teh interwebz a fair bit then a scanner is a good investment. In fact, you don't even need to own a scanner yourself. I, for example, visit my Grandparents house and borrow their's whenever i've drawn something new and want to show it up on SSLF. I'm sure there are places where you can scan stuff for spare change if you want to as well!

Of course, if none of these options are available too you, then taking photos is fine in a community environment.

All-in-all, this is good art and I can't wait for your next load! Posted Image

~ Golden-Star

#3 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

I love the eggs and the cowboy and the weird rogue guy... the guy swinging a squirrel round in his fist confuses me, but i've draw stranger art Posted Image. So far I like your style, and I think the inking you've done on the cowboy works really well. I will say that if your going to be putting art up on teh interwebz a fair bit then a scanner is a good investment. In fact, you don't even need to own a scanner yourself. I, for example, visit my Grandparents house and borrow their's whenever i've drawn something new and want to show it up on SSLF. I'm sure there are places where you can scan stuff for spare change if you want to as well! Of course, if none of these options are available too you, then taking photos is fine in a community environment. All-in-all, this is good art and I can't wait for your next load! Posted Image

I thought I explained that Rocky was a weasel in the first post, but maybe I forgot to type it. It's Barry Clark- he's an RP character, and Rocky is his pet weasel, accompanying him on whatever (potentially supernatural) Old West journey he may be embarking on. And a possibly-rabid weasel isn't a bad thing to have on your side in a fight, either... ;) The rogue is also an RP character, so that's that. I also designed some armor, but I didn't work very hard on it, so Yeah, I really do need a scanner, but I have neither the money nor resources to get one. I do plan on getting some type of pen tablet in the future, though I'm unsure as to when, and no one I know actually owns one that I can access regularly. *shrugs* I'm glad you like it, either way. Thanks!

And I have one new piece for the day- a Minecraft egg! Yeah, it was bound to happen.

Posted Image

Hey, I added color! Why? I need a new avatar. :3

Now, what to do next?...
Posted Image

#4 evilpenguin 98

evilpenguin 98

Bird, Bird, B-Birds the word...

• 175 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

Now, what to do next?...

A PENGUIN EGG!
anyway, these are all unique drawings, nice work, mate! I can't wait to see some more...

"it's cold outside, theres no kind of atmosphere,
all alone, more or less,
let me fly, faraway from here,"

Does anyone remember this?

#5 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

A PENGUIN EGG!

I hear that!

Really nice Minecraft egg by the way, I like the blockyness of the hair!

~ Golden-Star

#6 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

A PENGUIN EGG!
anyway, these are all unique drawings, nice work, mate! I can't wait to see some more...

A penguin? A possibility...

And yay for uniqueness! :D

I hear that!

Really nice Minecraft egg by the way, I like the blockyness of the hair!

VELL, VE SEEM TO HAVE EENTEREST EEN PENGVINS, NOW DO VE?
:P
I'll have to get on that. I'll even go ahead and color it, since penguins aren't especially colorful. ;)

And as for the Minecraft one, thanks. I considered doing it more naturally, especially with the roundness of an egg, but I found that not only did it not look good, but that the "pixels" provided some great contrast to the curves of the body. Gee, that's actually quite a lot of though put in to a cartoony egg. :lol:

And I should probably include more than eggs in my next update. Hmmm, I may need to come up with some ideas there. *hinthint* Also, if you do like the eggs I've already posted uncolored versions for, feel free to request colored versions, for whatever reason. And keep the positive comments coming- I greatly prefer them over negative ones! :3

Edited by Freeloh, 25 July 2011 - 02:35 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

How about a rockstar egg? Or a cheerleader? Maybe a cow? Or even a creeper? Hell, you might as well do a bat and a spider while you're at it! Posted Image

~ Golden-Star

#8 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Sorry I've been art-less for a full TWO DAYS. Distractions everywhere...

So, to start us off, here's the penguin egg requested/suggested by evilpenguin.

Posted Image

Hope you like it. I tried really hard hard to keep it from looking like this:
Spoiler

Apparently that's a side effect of making cartoony, egg-shaped penguins. :P

And, since you guys weren't at all helpful on giving me non-egg suggestions, ;) and I couldn't think of anything, I found something I did a while ago. Like, a long while ago. As in, one or two years ago long. I did save it, however, because I thought it interesting:

Posted Image
I'm not into the whole "death skeletal punk" type stuff, for lack of a better term, but it's surprisingly fun to draw. The bleeding hand was added just to fill up the paper. Nothing special, but it exists.

Anyway, now we could maybe see some new posters? Come on out, lurkers. And requests would be nice, too. :P Hope you like it, blah blah blah, generic ending stuff, etc., goodbye.
Posted Image

#9 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

I like the Penguin Egg! You manage to make it look cute somehow! And as for the death-skeletal-punk thing; it's certainly... interesting Posted Image.

I have a request though. Could you please make me a lion egg? Thanks.

~ Golden-Star

#10 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

I like the Penguin Egg! You manage to make it look cute somehow! And as for the death-skeletal-punk thing; it's certainly... interesting Posted Image.

I have a request though. Could you please make me a lion egg? Thanks.

Thanks! Cute is always good when you're drawing animals. Well, usually. ;)

And for the lion:

Posted Image

Sorry, the heavy pencil gave it a bit of glare. I tried to avoid it, but this was the best I could get. :/ But I hope you like it, as always. :P

And seriously, lurkers. Get in here. Post. Now. The last time I checked, we had exactly 140 more views than we did replies. :P I know you're there! Post!
Posted Image

#11 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

...Anyway... next we have an egg from what is undeniably the greatest game of all time, The Legend of Zelda- this one based particularly off of Ocarina of Time. We have Link!

Go play Uncharted, and then we'll talk.

In regards to your art, the whole egg thing is... unique. I'm not really sure what to make of it. :P I'd say your art looks a little flat, though. I think you should try and work on depth and perspective a little. Other than that, keep drawing. :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#12 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Like the Lion Egg! I think you've made it unique compared to the others by turning the egg sideways, which I like. I do agree with Harry though, your art could do with a little depth. But so far your drawing is really good.

~ Golden-Star

#13 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Patron
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

How about an Uruk-Hai egg..man..thing? I don't know how you'll pull it off but Im confident that it'll be cool in some way. If you do so Ill use it as my avatar. (until something else catches my eye, cause Im ADD)
I like the egg concept, its pretty interesting and unique.
A request that's not eggy is maybe my Battle for Frostclaw character, Lucas Marson? Pwease? He could have his hand ana half sword and his shield ready in a fighting stance and his claymore on his back. You can decided whether hes wearing his great helm or not it doesnt matter to me.

Edited by Trik Toral, 25 July 2011 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#14 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Go play Uncharted, and then we'll talk.

In regards to your art, the whole egg thing is... unique. I'm not really sure what to make of it. :P I'd say your art looks a little flat, though. I think you should try and work on depth and perspective a little. Other than that, keep drawing. :D

Go buy me a PS3, then we'll talk. :P Opinions, opinions...

Yeah, the eggs really started as a joke/challenge between a few of my friends and me, and I really got into it. There's really not much to it. ;) It also serves as filler when I can't think of anything else to draw, so, bonus! :P And as for perspective, well, you see, Perspective killed my parents, and I cannot face it until I have gathered the nine Shards of Time, and...

Okay, yeah, I'll work on it.

Like the Lion Egg! I think you've made it unique compared to the others by turning the egg sideways, which I like. I do agree with Harry though, your art could do with a little depth. But so far your drawing is really good.

Yeah, I saw your request, and I realized quickly that it just wouldn't turn out right if I kept it the usual way, so I did it like an actual lion, and lo and behold, it worked! :D

How about an Uruk-Hai egg..man..thing? I don't know how you'll pull it off but Im confident that it'll be cool in some way. If you do so Ill use it as my avatar. (until something else catches my eye, cause Im ADD)
I like the egg concept, its pretty interesting and unique.
A request that's not eggy is maybe my Battle for Frostclaw character, Lucas Marson? Pwease? He could have his hand ana half sword and his shield ready in a fighting stance and his claymore on his back. You can decided whether hes wearing his great helm or not it doesnt matter to me.

Yeah, those seem possible. I'll get on them soon. Or eventually. Whichever comes first. :P

So, thanks to everyone, again, and here's mah latest stuff:

Posted Image
How's this, Harry? Take this as my peace offering from Zelda to Uncharted. ;)

For those of you who can't recognize it even with the rabid fanbase it seems to have on these forums, it's Nathan Drake Dregg (oh, how I love egg-puns.) from Uncharted. I don't know why the picture turned out so blue, but whatever.

And finally, something that doesn't come from chickens: HALO.

Posted Image
It's an EVA SPARTAN-II from Halo 3. For reference, I used a figure (with the same armor, of course) standing in this pose. I do like how it turned out. I may decide to shade it eventually. Or even ink, or maybe even color! Who knows?!

kthxbai :P

Edited by Freeloh, 25 July 2011 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

So, thanks to everyone, again, and here's mah latest stuff:

Posted Image
How's this, Harry? Take this as my peace offering from Zelda to Uncharted. ;)

For those of you who can't recognize it even with the rabid fanbase it seems to have on these forums, it's Nathan Drake Dregg (oh, how I love egg-puns.) from Uncharted. I don't know why the picture turned out so blue, but whatever.

And finally, something that doesn't come from chickens: HALO.

Posted Image
It's an EVA SPARTAN-II from Halo 3. For reference, I used a figure (with the same armor, of course) standing in this pose. I do like how it turned out. I may decide to shade it eventually. Or even ink, or maybe even color! Who knows?!

kthxbai :P

I like that Spartan! It's good to know that your talents extend beyond drawing eggs Posted Image.

But seriously, it's really good. I think having a figure standing in the pose helps me a lot, and by the quality of your work it's obvious it helps you as well.

Maybe you could draw the other armours from Halo 3 next Posted Image.

~ Golden-Star

#16 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

I like that Spartan! It's good to know that your talents extend beyond drawing eggs Posted Image.

But seriously, it's really good. I think having a figure standing in the pose helps me a lot, and by the quality of your work it's obvious it helps you as well.

Maybe you could draw the other armours from Halo 3 next Posted Image.

Indeed they do! :D

Yeah, a figure is useful because, for one, I usually need a reference picture for something as complex as a Spartan (seriously, what's the point of all those little parts?!), and a figure is even more useful, since I can see it from different angles to understand exactly what certain things are, especially since with a picture, a part of it might look like simple shapes, but if you have a three-dimensional model, you can see exactly what it is.

Eh, as for other permutations, that's the only figure I have. I got it from a Bag of Swag, (if you know what that is) and I don't have any plans to get more. If any, it'd probably be a more recent figure, so, again, I can't promise anything.

Also, it just occurred to me that I now have one drawing from each major current-gen console. :P

And for the actual art:

Posted Image
Which came first?

I've waited WAY too long to make that pun.
Posted Image

#17 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image
Which came first?

The Egg! It can be proved scientifically!

Yeh, that looks really good, especially the feet. I don't know why, but the feet look just perfect for some reason...

~ Golden-Star

#18 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

The Egg! It can be proved scientifically!

Yeh, that looks really good, especially the feet. I don't know why, but the feet look just perfect for some reason...

Well, I'm glad you like my chicken feet! :D

As for you, Trik, don't think I've forgotten about you. I've just been distracted. And I've been having a hard time making Lucas NOT look like Prince Dastan. Seriously. So, here's something I did a while ago, actually for school. It's FRODO BAGGINS.

Posted Image

The lines may be a bit too light, sorry about that. I was kind of going for an Elijah-Wood-meets-what-I-imagined-Frodo-to-look-like feel, so as far as that goes, I think it's good.

Hope ye like it, as always (I don't think I'd ever really want you to dislike it. :P). More on the way soon. G'bye.

Edited by Freeloh, 01 August 2011 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Freeloh

Freeloh

• 256 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed in you, people! You had nothing to say of FRODO BAGGINS? Oh well, looks like it's time to double post. Sorry, I've been lazy lately. :P

First up, it's... NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

Posted Image
Batman!

And second, something I made because I wanted to do something like it.

Posted Image
I'm not really happy with the rope and chair at all, but I figured it would look better with them there. I was originally going to have the drawing cut off at the neck, but it looked kind of strange like that.

NOW GO FORTH AND POST. Seriously. Do it.
Posted Image

#20 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

Don't worry Freeloh, I haven't forgotten about you :D

Awesome Batman Egg! Not sure what to make of that guy shooting another guy though. The arm and gun are great, but the other guy's head looks completely out of proportion and I'm not even sure what those two lines coming out of the barrel are. As for the Frodo portrait, I love it! Looks enough like Elijah Wood to be recognisable, but different enough to be... non-mainstream (I'm sure there's a word that replaces that, I just can't remember it right at this moment).

Hope I fulfilled your quota of comments and criticism for the day. Sorry I missed the last few posts, as I seem to be the only person actually viewing your awesome art.

~ Golden-Star

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users