• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Believe it or not, I frequently snoop all art topics. :P Especially now that I'm trying to start drawing again myself, since summer is here and all. Your art is fantastic!

Also, lovin' those Wulfgard designs, dude! Glad to hear you're getting into it. :D I think I agree with Arby about the designs of Tom's helmet.

And the screenshots are impressive, too, though I've never messed with anything remotely like that and thus cannot respect how much work I'm sure they involved. Er, I think I worded that really stupidly, but you get the idea. My experience with any kind of video game design is limited to the NWN toolset and JED... very primitive.

Lastly, those octopians are beauteous. Mind if I nab that last sketch and put it on the Octopians wikia page? Because I seriously love it all to bits.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#102 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

For anything I created to be used on the wiki would be a great honour! Now I'm all super excited. Go ahead, nab as you please.

gdV21HZ.gif

#103 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Unf, dem octopians. Remind me of mind flayers. Very much like.

Posted Image

#104 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Patron
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

And an eyepatch? It's like you did a customer survey and found what we loved. :P

giphy.gif

#105 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Here are a bunch of throw away sketches. The last one is my favorite.

I was trying to come up with character concepts for a small Wulfgard fan-fiction I was planning. It's all pretty low key at the moment, and probably will be for a long time. These are custom images meaning they have no lore to back them up, so they're more like "fantasy concepts" than "Wulfgard concept/fanart".

Here's the only rendition of anything in today's update. A Frost Raven, one of Northrim's tribes.

concept11.jpg

These are a few quick throw away sketches I did of Tyrrik.

concept06.jpg

concept10.jpg

concept09.jpg

Here are some bugs!

concept007.jpg

I dunno. I like this one more than the others. I think I'll use it for something.

concept13.jpg

gdV21HZ.gif

#106 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

I am happy to report that despite how long you've spent in Gmod, you're drawing skills have only gotten better, if anything :D

Also, sickles are the best melee weapons.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#107 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

This topic needs more crying Keyes family members.

#108 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

This topic needs more crying Keyes family members.

But then this topic will be flooded with the readers' tears.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#109 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hello. Here are a bunch of concepts and stuff that I didn't throw away. I decided to throw in a bunch of useless drawings that usually go in the trash. They're just a bunch of lines and stuff, you know, when you are drawing out concepts before stepping it up to bigger... concepts. Yeah. Whatever. My scanner isn't that good, so the pictures are really light (even with light turned all the way down and contrast all the way up).

concept022.jpg

concept021.jpg

concept023.jpg

concept024.jpg

concept020.jpg

AND HEER IS SUM WULFGARD. YEAH.

Below are three pictures of original characters I created for a fan-fiction that I'm never going to finish. One is a mercenary hired by a small village in Imperial territory. I completely forgot his name.

concept14.jpg

Female Venatori.

concept15.jpg

Male Venatori, partner to the female Venatori.

concept16.jpg

My hand at a Myrmecoleon. Totally did not go the way I wanted it to.

concept017.jpg

Unshaded Avian. I love this one way better than all the others. Making the small details in the armour and axe was a lot of fun.

concept018.jpg

gdV21HZ.gif

#110 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Dang, dude, do you really have sideburns like that? Color me jealous.

Anyway, your Wulfgard drawings are sweet! The ant-lion man looks great (I love the look of the face and mandibles, and the patterns on the shell) and all of these new sketches have just loads of delicious detail in the armor and clothing. The two Venatori and the avian are probably my favorites as far as the armor detail is concerned, though I imagined avians using more...air-friendly weapons, I guess. Javelins and bows, spears and slings and whatnot. Still very cool!

Posted Image

#111 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for the comment man! I totally didn't think about the types of weapons Avians would use. It totally makes more sense that they would heft things more weight friendly. I appreciate the suggestion broski.

gdV21HZ.gif

#112 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Totally tooting my own horn here. I made a few matching avatars and signatures. It was a really easy and simple job. Take pictures in Gmod, paste them into photoshop, make black and white, isolate a few areas like the hand/chest/neck, adjust levels and curves, then... yeah. Pretty simple and easy. So you photoshop pros get off me  >:V

Inspiration was taken from Baconheart's avatar right down to exact size proportions. Mainly because I wasn't sure about the size limitations allowed for avatars and I wanted to go through the safe route.

Zweiten Sonnenaufgang

avatar001.pngavatar006.pngavatar007.pngavatar008.pngavatar009.png

banner02_secondsunrise_agent.png

banner05_secondsunrise_smilingman_01.png

banner06_secondsun_thefollowersoficarus.

banner04.png

banner03.png

banner02.png

banner01.png

Oh and here are the sprite avatar and signature I was using before this current one.

ava.png

firststeamsig.png

gdV21HZ.gif

#113 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

For being so simple to make, those still look really nice :D

Also RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNBOOOOOOOOOOOOWS.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#114 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I love what you've got going, Klay. I hope you do continue the fan-fic! Those characters look like there's more to them than that first impression. With you at the helm of a story with those dudes and dudettes, I'm sure it's a wild ride.

I was looking through the avatars and your signatures and I just gotta say -- wow! I love the different backgrounds on the sigs. Each one gives a different feel to them. I think my favorite ones are the last two. The last one gives a Doctor Who vortex look. Second Sunrise sounds so intriguing like it's a title of an episode. It almost sounds like Peter Pan telling the kids where to go to get to Neverland. Perhaps it's a different Neverland that is desert-like or something or other. Maybe it's a world of clockwork couture where everything runs on steam and there's fantastic technology to discover there and you're given the opportunity to open a shop and people love your designs and your fantastic ideas.

I guess I went over the deep end of tangent ramblings. I'm sure you have a specific reason for Second Sunrise.

My other favorite one is the penultimate one in line with the rocky background. I love the texture and it goes so well with the foreground text.

Again, wonderful job! Encore!

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#115 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Made a cover for this Gmod comic. Sorry that this isn't much of an update.

chapter01_cover.png

gdV21HZ.gif

#116 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Patron
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

It's a great way of doing things! Here on the professional site, they say that it's not about the skill, but the turn-out, for ingenuity is a skill of its own.

Will we get to see more of this?

Edited by Dagoth-ur, 27 July 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#117 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

POPULAR

Sooooo here we go. Finally did something with this bamboo tablet that I got last year. Yep... got it last year. Never did anything with it. Ever. Well, that would be a lie, I do things with it but I delete them immediately after. Anyways, yeah, here we go. Drew up two quick characters from my own little Dust universe. Did them real quick just to test my bearings. A little disclaimer, I don't colour too much and there is a big reason behind it.

I'm colourblind. Deuteranomaly or something like that. Of course it is not enough to effect chocies in life, but enough to make people say that I colour weirdly in my art classes in high school. BUT WHATEV' YO.

face01.png

lineart_001_coloured.png

EDIT: Eh, not going to post so that this topic can get that little "new post" highlight. Instead, I'm going to edit this post. Not going to lie to you guys, normally I would save these next two images when I do a super dump of images. But i was way to proud of them to do that. I'm just super excited how these turned out! And this is a first!

RISE CHARACTERS. LINE ART AND COLOURED VERSIONS. MORE TO COME.

abrahamlineart.png

abraham001.png

I've taken some liberties when it came to Haruka which includes the butterly eyepatch and the highlights. Sorry Arbiter XD

haurkalines.png

harukacolour_003.png

Second Edit: Did another two today. Feels good man. Julius and Aerion lineart/concept and colouring. I don't feel as confident with there two as I am with Abraham and Haruka. I can't put my finger on it. Oh well. I still think they're nice.

juliuslineart.png

julius_001.png

aerionlineart.png

aerion_001_colour.png

EDIT 3: Got me some Ghost in. Maybe I should have made his hat taller. I do like that I used red for the eyes doe.

ghostriderlineart.png

ghostrider.png

gdV21HZ.gif

#118 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

Music to be played in conjunction with the comic. Duh.

woodkid_iron_final.png

So I was totally going to try my hand at a Wulfgard comic using the Skyrim models in Gmod when I realized I don't exactly have enough knowledge of the universe to make a series which lies within the universe on a believable level. Considering I only have the argonians and the kajit, it would be limited to interactions between these two beast folk. I'm sure you guys can understand how writing a script will be tricky. We'll see how things go, but as for right now, it would be easier to do my own thing, yo.

gdV21HZ.gif

#119 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

Getting back into sprite comics. It's a lot more work than I remember (then again, I made some really crappy comics back then). Anyway, made some matching avatar and signature things.

ava_carson_glitchsmaller.png

sig_carson.png

thelost_sig.png

gdV21HZ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users