• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#321 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Three characters on top, arent these from the SYWBAA? :)

Well, SYWBAA and Wulfgard... there's a bit of crossover, if you haven't noticed. But yes, it's SYWBAA in this case. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#322 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

Well, now I'm even more excite. Didn't know I could be... Looking forward!

emily-blunt.gif

#323 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

The picture of Citoach reminds me of a certain talkative gnome... All in all a great group of pictures, especially Plutarch.

#324 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

POPULAR

Jeez, have I really not posted in here since August?

Here, have some pictures of Wolfy's Venator character Caiden:

gallery_1_195_512583.png

cover sketch for Hunted

gallery_1_192_214405.jpg

punching a mountain troll

I'll post some more art soon!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#325 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

After finally going through this for the first time, it really makes me want to make more use of my sketchbook. I've had it for almost a year and I've only filled up 30-something pages :/ .

I don't get a lot of the context behind the artwork, but from a purely-artistic perspective, there's lots to admire. I especially like the contrast between the full colour illustrations and the golden sketches.

Edited by Mr. Skeli'n, 08 February 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#326 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Finally! You posted some art!

That second pic is awesome! 

But what's up with that Werewolf's hand. It doesn't look right... :P

#327 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

The hand? I was going to say the right arm looks a little funny, but that's all that I can find remotely wrong with that first picture, and even then... :P

However, concerning that second picture... how is Caiden able to punch a stone troll without getting bloody knuckles? Is he a demi-god?  :shock:

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#328 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback all!

The werewolf's arm is supposed to be cocked around behind him, getting ready for a swipe with his claws, so you can only see the forearm and the hand. It was a relatively quick sketch though, and could probably use some tweaking.

Mountain trolls aren't actually made of stone... they just have very thick, rough, stone-like skin. And Venatori often use potions to enhance their strength and toughness when fighting monsters, so they can engage them on more equal footing... plus Caiden's a big guy anyway. But he'll definitely have bloody knuckles after that punch, yeah. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#329 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

The werewolf's arm is supposed to be cocked around behind him, getting ready for a swipe with his claws, so you can only see the forearm and the hand. It was a relatively quick sketch though, and could probably use some tweaking.

Ah. Well, in that case... I suppose it looks alright. It's kinda hard to tell if the werewolf's body is pivoted enough to make that pose possible, but it is a silhouette. I'll have to leave that one for the judges. :P

Mountain trolls aren't actually made of stone... they just have very thick, rough, stone-like skin. And Venatori often use potions to enhance their strength and toughness when fighting monsters, so they can engage them on more equal footing... plus Caiden's a big guy anyway. But he'll definitely have bloody knuckles after that punch, yeah.  :P

My point still stands! :P Though either way, even without the potions, he does seem like the kind of guy who could punch a troll of any sort and not break his hand...

#330 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback all!

YES. PLEASE FIX IT. 

Also, would you mind looking at my art stuff again? :3

Ah. Well, in that case... I suppose it looks alright. It's kinda hard to tell if the werewolf's body is pivoted enough to make that pose possible, but it is a silhouette. I'll have to leave that one for the judges. :P

Conformation. Now everyone knows that Scorp needs to fix its hand.

Now...

let-us-never-speak-of-this-again.png

#331 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

Jeez, have I really not posted in here since August?

So it would seem, but these last pictures were more than sufficient recompense, particularly that action-packed second one!

Unless I'm mistaken, is that a reference to this incident?

Spoiler

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#332 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

POPULAR

I'm buckling down now to finish the dwarf issue of my Wulfgard comic and create the final cover art, in preparation for the Wulfgard crowd-funding project I've been talking about! So, expect more regular art updates as I build up to that.

Starting with some race_Dvergar.png!

gallery_1_193_124487.jpg

gallery_1_193_250692.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#333 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Sweet Dwarves, Bro! We finally see what Bom looks like when he isn't a minifig!

You also forgot to add this:

#334 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

Dang, Scorp! That is some mighty fine art! The postures are stinkin' awesome! Dagfari just looks incredibly majestic, which is almost an oxymoron when talking about dwarves!

And that Bomm. His "Grr" face is perfect! I think he's about to go looking for some gold in a chest. IfyouknowwhatImean. ;)

Addendum: Caiden is awesome. I bet he chipped that troll's face.

emily-blunt.gif

#335 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

Yeees all the dwarf-love! I'm especially Dagfari's... everything! The armor, the pose, the face, the beard... he's just fantastic all around. ^^

Something's up with Bommlech's eyes, though. I'm not sure if it's the shape, or their placement, but... it just seems slightly off. I can't really put my finger on how or why exactly. :/

Besides that, though, his armor and axe look great, even if Bommlech's isn't as shiny and pretty as Dagfari's... :P

#336 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

POPULAR

Thanks, guys!

Something's up with Bommlech's eyes, though. I'm not sure if it's the shape, or their placement, but... it just seems slightly off.

Yeah, I noticed that when I was uploading it. One of those things you don't notice until you come back and look at the drawing later. I'll be sure to tweak it for the final version (these are going on the cover of the comic book!).

And now for something a little different:

Wulfgard 2054

I posted one of these during a roleplaying discussion, so I figured I might as well upload the rest. I transported some Wulfgard characters into a different time/setting to use as portraits in games like Shadowrun (Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong), Wasteland 2, Fallout Tactics, etc. etc.

med_gallery_1_193_342901.png

Agent Whisper. Yeah, I went full Splinter Cell on her. I can't help it if he has the coolest nightvision goggles.

med_gallery_1_193_2230422.png

Went for a punk look for Daemonique. Had to give her the spiked collar because there's a funny reaction from General Vargas if your character is wearing one when you talk to him in Wasteland 2.

med_gallery_1_193_1525435.png

Doctor Adrianya. The party medic/scientist with skill in energy weapons.

med_gallery_1_193_2288151.png

Cynthia the wasteland tribal. Specializing in melee weapons and outdoorsman/survival and all that jazz.

I might draw more of these sometime later. They were really fun to do. Who knows, I might even go crazy and draw some guys. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#337 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Whisper = <3

#338 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

I might draw more of these sometime later. They were really fun to do. Who knows, I might even go crazy and draw some guys. :P

What? Scorp draw characters of the male gender? Preposterous! But all joking aside, all of those are excellent.

#339 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

What? Scorp draw characters of the male gender? Preposterous! But all joking aside, all of those are excellent.

When he does post drawings of male characters (and they're often mine :P ), a lot of people just ignore the post altogether, so who can blame him?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#340 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Nice to see you doing more color stuff!

If you're ever just messing around, I think you should try doing some heavy contrast inking, I think going by your general style and the way you do your lines and shading, a comic-booky look might look really good.

When he does post drawings of male characters (and they're often mine :P ), a lot of people just ignore the post altogether, so who can blame him?

arttopics.jpg

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users