415 replies to this topic

#301 Bethany

Bethany

Mrmm mmrm! Mrmmmphm mrmmmm mrphmm mmmm!

• 1,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

POPULAR

All good pictures, scorp.

Though, while Kye is some nice eye candy and all, I notice far too many pictures of him around and not enough of a certain demoness with red hair who happens to be my favorite Wulfgard character...

Just, ya know, something I noticed.

qGC3VDI.jpg

#302 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

I almost think Moonlight looks better than Magnhild in that first drawing. The fur looks so soft, I just want to cuddle wif it! :wub:

Also really dig that one with Magnus on the wall. All the archers look pristine and polished. Almost pretty enough to fight! :P

All of it's great though. I always love seeing your art, man.

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#303 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,911 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

You are a very skilled artist, all of your art is really good. I love the detail and shading, just everything in general. I love everything, and keep going. I can only hope and dream to be at your level.

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 04 November 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#304 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Wow. I don't know where to start! These are fantabulous! Moonlight and Magnhild are gorgeous! That braid is superb, as is the hair around her face! The face paint is very striking, and her pose most natural! Gosh, I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite between her and Kye!

Speaking of Kye... That is too much awesomeness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE his face, how it's shrouded in shadow! Good stuff! He looks really menacing in that pose, which works really great, especially with those wings!

I think it's the details that really pull these pieces together, like Magnus's bow and the details on the gauntlets! Because it's those things that really pop! Magnus's hair that's hanging out from his coif, or his cocked eyebrows. Great stuff!

Wow, that looks much better! The cut on Tom's forehead matches the description in the scene much better! And Corben is really coming along! You portray emotion very well.

OOOH! Dwarves! I'm in love with Dagfari's armor design! Really fantastic plate armor! Looking forward to more!

emily-blunt.gif

#305 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

Those shadows man, mmmm. Love the shading. My favorite is definitely all those archers on the wall. I could never get my proportions right for scenes depicting multiple characters. Ah, I'm so envious XD

gdV21HZ.gif

#306 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

POPULAR

New stuff, at long last:

An orc warlord holds aloft a flaming sword, the symbol of Surtur and the Armies of Chaos:

gallery_1_195_3107761.png

Tom and Kye face some swamp trolls. I wasn't going to spoil this one since it will be in the first Wulfgard book, but Wolfy wanted to use it for an RP, so here it is :P:

gallery_1_195_475871.jpg

A Tiger Felesian beast-man:

gallery_1_195_2987489.jpg

A succubus demon (somewhat risqué, naturally):

Spoiler

Some old art that I dug up to use on the Wulfgard wiki:

Spoiler

More stuff coming soon.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#307 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,911 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Wow! That's some pretty sweet stuff going on there! Everything looks amazing and I love all of it. The detail and shading, along with the fur, blood, and fire are also well done. All in all, great work Scorp!

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

#308 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Woooow, oh those look incredible! The new stuff has so much dimension an intensity, especially that tigerman, he looks absolutely fearsome. 

Simply stunning work dude, keep it up! 

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#309 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

Nice job on these, I think the understanding of anatomy and size is quite well-realized. That succubus demon has a good balance between alluring and disgusting; I think the latter is often forgotten in most fantacy demon art.

On a side note, I always imagine cat people as having short, flexible necks, where as this one is more like a Minotaur. It's a matter of personal taste, but I like it just the same.

PS

I love english classes; so much desperate inspiration comes from listening to someone else for an hour or so. That is when most of my art is finished.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#310 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys!

On a side note, I always imagine cat people as having short, flexible necks, where as this one is more like a Minotaur. It's a matter of personal taste, but I like it just the same.

Oh, I imagine his neck is quite flexible, and he can stand more upright if he wants to, but right here he's in a battle stance, head held low like a tiger on the prowl.

5QChKay.jpg

It's true that I tend to draw all my beastfolk in this pose, perhaps too often, but my instinct is to emphasize their truly bestial nature, to put as much emphasis on their beast aspects as their human aspects, so they don't look like just people wearing animal masks... like the Khajiit and Argonians in all the post-Morrowind Elder Scrolls games, for example.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#311 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I added a commissions page to my shop. I've gotten a few bites so far, but all of them LEGO rather than art related. No big surprise there. But anyway:

RATES_IMAGE.png

If any of you guys are interested, just let me know! I'd be happy to draw your RP characters and whatnot. Even your mechs for that mecha RP. Prices are variable and negotiable, at least for now. I've done plenty of LEGO commissions, after all, but I'm just trying to get started on art ones. :P

I did the digital sketches for the image and tried to see how fast I could draw them (I'm not very fast). Lady Severina here took roughly an hour:

gallery_1_195_50351.png

I also sketched a Venatori (one of Wulfgard's elite monster hunters):

gallery_1_195_235607.jpg

based on this minifig I made to be one of the possible prizes for the recently ended Design a Monster contest:

contest_monster_design_prizes.jpg

I'm not crazy about how the colored version of the sketch turned out, so here's the black and white version:

gallery_1_195_23942.jpg

And finally, here's Sir Scaevius (who I've sketched before) kneeling:

gallery_1_195_1812387.jpg

Yeah, he really likes his showy armor. He's a Paladin (personal knight of the Emperor), so he can afford it. I only noticed afterward that I forgot to finish his cape. Aaargggghhh.

He's actually for an animated video I'm working on to help advertise Wulfgard! Maybe I'll post a preview of that later.

And finally, I've been training Werewolf to help color some of my artwork. She's posted some of it over here. I'm hoping she'll be the colorist for my comic!  :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#312 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

If any of you guys are interested, just let me know! I'd be happy to draw your RP characters and whatnot. Even your mechs for that mecha RP. Prices are variable and negotiable, at least for now. I've done plenty of LEGO commissions, after all, but I'm just trying to get started on art ones. :P

I did the digital sketches for the image and tried to see how fast I could draw them (I'm not very fast). Lady Severina here took roughly an hour:

Spoiler

Drawing digitally takes awhile, it's a lot like learning how draw for the first time again. :P With practice (obviously), you'll get faster; if you still had your Cintiq, your speed would have increased I think, but that's okay. :)

I also sketched a Venatori (one of Wulfgard's elite monster hunters):

Spoiler

based on this minifig I made to be one of the possible prizes for the recently ended Design a Monster contest:

Spoiler

I'm not crazy about how the colored version of the sketch turned out, so here's the black and white version:

Spoiler

The coloring isn't too bad, in fact, there's artists out there who prefer doing their stuff on paper, scanning, cleaning, and then coloring in Photoshop.

PROTIP: When colouring your stuff in Photoshop, it doesn't hurt clean the pencils it up a little bit. Add a Levels or Curves filter and fiddle with it 'til most of grays go away leaving you with a nice sharp black & white lines. After that, if you're willing to go the extra mile, with your tablet, 'ink' your pencils using a hard basic brush and having the diameter jitter set to 'Pen Pressure' and your spacing set to 1%.

And if you guys have any questions about digital art stuffs, all you gotta do is ask! Or PM me, whichever. :P

And finally, I've been training Werewolf to help color some of my artwork. She's posted some of it over here. I'm hoping she'll be the colorist for my comic!  :P

You guys are getting pretty good. I like that you're diving into the world of digital, it's a lot of fun too when your work actually resembles stuff, believe me. :P

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#313 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

POPULAR

Drawing digitally takes awhile, it's a lot like learning how draw for the first time again. :P With practice (obviously), you'll get faster; if you still had your Cintiq, your speed would have increased I think, but that's okay. :)

The coloring isn't too bad, in fact, there's artists out there who prefer doing their stuff on paper, scanning, cleaning, and then coloring in Photoshop.

PROTIP: When colouring your stuff in Photoshop, it doesn't hurt clean the pencils it up a little bit. Add a Levels or Curves filter and fiddle with it 'til most of grays go away leaving you with a nice sharp black & white lines. After that, if you're willing to go the extra mile, with your tablet, 'ink' your pencils using a hard basic brush and having the diameter jitter set to 'Pen Pressure' and your spacing set to 1%.

Thanks for the response - and I did get a replacement for the Cintiq, a new convertible tablet/pc which is much better for drawing on the go (but no pen tilt support - gah!). I've been drawing digitally for a good while now actually. ;P Though my usual method is to sketch in pencil, then ink and color digitally. Which is how I did my first chapter of Wulfgard comics:

gallery_1_193_79475.jpg

I switched to "colorizing" (as I call it) the sketches to try to save time so I could update the comic faster, but... well, we've all seen how that worked out. :P

Anyway, something new!

I promised the second place winner of my Design a Monster contest that I'd sketch their monster, but I told Amarok that if he wanted me to sketch something else for his prize instead, that was fine. He requested Rita Vratasky from the movie Edge of Tomorrow, in an action pose:

gallery_1_247_629716.jpg

I'm always up for drawing badass ladies, so this was fun. BTW, the movie is pretty darn good and you guys should watch it if you're into sci-fi. No seriously, it's really good. I'm not just saying that.

Hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post very soon!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#314 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

:shock: Oh my goodness! That is amazing! *changes signature* Seriously, you just blew me away! It’s perfect! And gorgeous, and beautiful, and wonderful, and fantastic and I think I’ll run out of adjectives before I finish telling you how much I LOVE it! :soawesome:

The details are incredible, and the pose is simply stunning - need I mention the hair? Because it's superb! And the Union Jack, and the sword, and the scar, and guns, and - (I could go on forever) :wub: :wub: :wub:

New favorite drawing you’ve ever done!

emily-blunt.gif

#315 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Holy crap, these all look awesome! Firstly I just really like the simple, but really cool leatherwork of the Venator. Then Scaevius is looking better and better, especially that sword and the spikey gauntlet! I really love the helmet too, it's super intimidating and the eyeholes just kinda bore into you, it's great! To be perfectly honest, I don't really care for the stripey horns though... I'm sorry, they just kinda look like candy canes to me. :P Everything else is awesome though. :D

Rita looks totally wicked, all the details on that complicated exosuit stuff is incredible! And the perspective going on with the sword is fantastic! Awesome work! :D

#316 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

POPULAR

wallpaper_kye_1080.jpg

Colored version of a Kye sketch I posted here earlier. Credit to Werewolf for a lot of the coloring/shading. This is part of the video project I mentioned, which is for a Wulfgard publication fundraiser we're planning. I'll post some more 'teasers' for that soon...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#317 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,911 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Looks really good, much better than what I can do. I look forward to more of these 'teasers'.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#318 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Ohhh, Kye looks rad as hell there. I really like the dark, ominous shading and how Kye looks like he's ready to swoop down and terrorize an unsuspecting city. And I like the extra segments of armor plating on his left arm! It's a little addition but I really really like it.

#319 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

POPULAR

A quick sketch of some design ideas for characters you might be familiar with (drawn for Harry, for reasons):

gallery_1_189_182761.jpg

Also, you might remember I ran a poll about which short story I should write next to follow up on "Speak No Evil". Well, I haven't forgotten! I've been working on it whenever I find time. Here's some "cover art" I drew...

potential_energy_WIP.jpg

Keep an eye out for "Potential Energy" - Lord Plutarch's Tale, coming soon to the writing board. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#320 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Three characters on top, arent these from the SYWBAA? :)

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users