Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just another part of my creativity detox. Again, this was inspired by a pre-existing text based off an idea I had a while back (and discovered already had a story written about).

Now that noir and medieval fable are out of my system, I should be able to get back to work on So What's It Called? and my other secret project.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#2 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

Have I ever told you that I hate you? :P

First a comic where all the leads end up dead by the end, and then a film noir comic? With all this stealing you're doing, I feel like I should return the favor. :P You're making me want to make a quirky comedy half comedy / half action-adventure. And then not finish it. :P

(But seriously, both were cool. I do kind of want to know what's happening in So... What's It Called, so I'm glad you're returning to it, but these were cool while they lasted).

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#3 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:06 AM

Another awesome piece of art Grom! Seems somewhat simillar to another certain comic, but I guess the hero in that one isn't a murdering cop with a split personality. Actually, considering Jl's tendancy to throw in sudden plot twists...

In short, great work. Now, back to reading Black Thursday So What's it Called? :P

giphy.gif

#4 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

Actually, considering Jl's tendancy to throw in sudden plot twists...

Nonsense, I'd never do that. I haven't even played Heavy Rain and I still know that to do that would be lifting the story right out of it.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#5 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

I seriously didn't see that end coming. Am I the only one?

That was awesome, Grom. I mean, incredible. Too bad that's it.

But hey, now we should get some more of SWIC. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#6 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:28 AM

I seriously didn't see that end coming. Am I the only one?

I was guessing at it. :/

Anyways, that was incredible Grom. Just when I thought Jlblue was a superior comic maker, you come in and tie up the score again. :P And the battle goes on...

But I am anxious to see what happens next it SWIC. ^_^

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#7 Clueless_Hero

Clueless_Hero

"Ça Plane Pour Moi"

• 351 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

It was pretty good. I liked the story-telling self narrative, where the character paraphrases what others are saying (reminded me of how Between Hell and a Lonely Place was going to be before I gave the whole plot an overhaul a few weeks before I started it) Still, the flower-on-the-body has been done before, and the way "Jack" was revealed to be the killer was a bit cliche`. But still, you made it your own and it was an enjoyable read. NOW GET BACK TO WORK. These awesome comics won't make themselves.

Edited by Clueless_Hero, 08 November 2010 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

Have I ever told you that I hate you? :PFirst a comic where all the leads end up dead by the end, and then a film noir comic? With all this stealing you're doing, I feel like I should return the favor. :P You're making me want to make a quirky comedy half comedy / half action-adventure. And then not finish it. :P(But seriously, both were cool. I do kind of want to know what's happening in So... What's It Called, so I'm glad you're returning to it, but these were cool while they lasted).

Aw, you hate me? Guess I'll just have to go ahead with that space opera I was planning, and that zombie comic...
Like I said, SWIC is my main project. I just felt creative and splurged these out over the weekend while I was still abuzz and in the comic-making mood. This is basically my creativity detox - I'm getting the ideas out of the way so I can get back to SWIC and still feel like I've accomplished something. :)

Another awesome piece of art Grom! Seems somewhat simillar to another certain comic, but I guess the hero in that one isn't a murdering cop with a split personality. Actually, considering Jl's tendancy to throw in sudden plot twists...In short, great work. Now, back to reading Black Thursday So What's it Called? :P

The similarity's mainly down to both of them being based on the film noir style. Film noir is a very formulaic genre, following certain archetypes and adding a unique twist. JLBlue's is that everyone dies, mine is that "no jack u R murderr". :P

I seriously didn't see that end coming. Am I the only one?That was awesome, Grom. I mean, incredible. Too bad that's it. But hey, now we should get some more of SWIC. :P

Nah, you weren't the only one - Jack didn't see it coming either. :P
I could go make a film noir comic, but JLBlue would be sad. :(

I was guessing at it. :/Anyways, that was incredible Grom. Just when I thought Jlblue was a superior comic maker, you come in and tie up the score again. :P And the battle goes on...But I am anxious to see what happens next it SWIC. ^_^

You doubted me?! HOW COULD YOU! TRAITOR! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
*runs off and cries*

It was pretty good. I liked the story-telling self narrative, where the character paraphrases what others are saying (reminded me of how Between Hell and a Lonely Place was going to be before I gave the whole plot an overhaul a few weeks before I started it) Still, the flower-on-the-body has been done before, and the way "Jack" was revealed to be the killer was a bit cliche`. But still, you made it your own and it was an enjoyable read. NOW GET BACK TO WORK. These awesome comics won't make themselves.

If you're viewing a film noir comic (same goes for film noir films) and not expecting cliches, there's something wrong with you. Noir is all about the cliches - it's all about the bitter, world-wise detective, the attractive broad, the high-contrast lighting, the sleazy bars. It's just how they throw a twist or two in. I see where you're coming from, but in my opinion, cliches aren't always bad things as long as they're used well. :)

I was expecting Vorgy to post, but I guess he died from the awesome overdose. Understandable, I guess. :P

Before I go, I've really enjoyed these random little departures from my normal style, and I hope I can do a few more in future. Doing a one-off comic that I can film and edit in a day is really satisfying, and relieves a lot of the pressure a full-blown series. But for now, it's back to SWIC for me. Comments are welcome as always, though. :D

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#9 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

Are the roses Scarlet Carsons? XD

Nb: I haven't read the comic in full yet, I'll edit this after I have.

EDIT: Aha, VERY nice twist. I saw it coming from the first blackout, but before that I thought it was the chick that walked in. Jack can be a girl's name too, and that would have been an interesting twist. So they flirt, she takes him back to his place, and then he realises, just before she stabs him in the back with a rusty butter knife. :P

Posted Image

#10 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

I saw it coming from the first blackout, but I was expecting Jack to have killed the girl and the bartender, and that's why the dude was so scared.

I was disappointed they lived. :(

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#11 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Knew it.

That's all.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#12 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:47 AM

You doubted me?! HOW COULD YOU! TRAITOR! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
*runs off and cries*

:mellow:

I'm just happy my opinion matters enough that much to effect you so emotionally. :P

Don't worry, I still love you and your comics. ^_^

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users