Black Thursday

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#81 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:16 AM

*pumps shotgun* My names is General Boar. Stop advertising for those traitors in the Master Jl's thread, or I'll give you a reason to join. Join the dead, that is. :P

Edited by Lord Boar, 26 June 2010 - 09:16 AM.

#82 Fate

Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 697 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

Film noir is drilled into my brain, man :(

Hey man, consider yourself privileged. ;) Film Noir is beautiful. I drill it into my brain just because I love it so much.

I'm no lego man, but this is shaping up to be pretty cool. It's supposed to be futuristic? I'm not getting that vibe, but personally, I prefer it that way. Good job, anyhow.

#83 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

*pumps shotgun* My names is General Boar. Stop advertising for those traitors in the Master Jl's thread, or I'll give you a reason to join. Join the dead, that is. :P

I though your name was Lord Boar, you pig-head. :P And don't you menace me with that shotgun! I will recruit troops for the Red Army where ever I want to! My armor can take a hit, and I'll shoot you before you can pump that stereotypical "macho" weapon again! :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#84 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

What is this, the Admin Elections?

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#85 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

What is this, the Admin Elections?

....that happened? A bunch of people tried to become Admins? But no, Dood, we are building up to WAR.

#86 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Ah Admin Elections... "A vote for UTLF is a vote for awesome!" Good times. Just keep it civil guys. ;)

Whassat? Comic? I actually haven't been reading it, should probably get on that...

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#87 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Blah, blah, blah, war, war, war...

Let's not forget that there are comics, people. :P Here's the third installment of Black Thursday.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Jlblue, 26 June 2010 - 11:14 AM.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#88 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

This is a great comic. If you join the Blue Brigade, you get access to a secret comic, with your signature figure in it!

How's that sound, people? It's a secret comic, no one else gets to see it. B)

Join the Blue Brigade!

(click the spoilers for instructions)

Spoiler

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#89 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Blah, blah, blah, war, war, war...

Let's not forget that there are comics, people. :P Here's the third installment of Black Thursday.

It's all in good fun! Plus it seems to be the direction Grom's comic is taking, you being the villain in all. :P

Anyways, on topic: Have to say this comic was disappointing. It looks pretty, yes, but I don't get very much entertainment from cops swearing at each other with it not moving the plot forward at all. <_< And I'm not just saying that for Red Army reasons. This comic honestly disappointed me. Maybe you could put something that progresses the plot a little, or something a bit mysterious that makes us wonder and speculate.

#90 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Oh please, it's Film LEGO Comic Noir, one of these scenes is all but obilgatory. :rolleyes: Well, caught up now and I'm liking what I've seen, though I can't help but feel that some of what Elena said in strip 2 felt more like a cop analyzing someone else's life than someone giving a cop information.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#91 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

It's all in good fun! Plus it seems to be the direction Grom's comic is taking, you being the villain in all. :P

Anyways, on topic: Have to say this comic was disappointing. It looks pretty, yes, but I don't get very much entertainment from cops swearing at each other with it not moving the plot forward at all. <_< And I'm not just saying that for Red Army reasons. This comic honestly disappointed me. Maybe you could put something that progresses the plot a little, or something a bit mysterious that makes us wonder and speculate.

Hey, plenty happened there! We found out about Strangway's past, we found out the police are corrupt, we found out he's not going to be doing things the easy way (i.e. no records for him), we found out Strangway's a straight-edge man regardless of his appearance. A lot happened - you just gotta look ;).

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#92 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hey, plenty happened there! We found out about Strangway's past, we found out the police are corrupt, we found out he's not going to be doing things the easy way (i.e. no records for him), we found out Strangway's a straight-edge man regardless of his appearance. A lot happened - you just gotta look ;).

I take your point, but it just didn't exactly move the plot forward. Okay he had a shaky past, the cops may be corrupt (not surprising), but nothing regarding his case or anything really suspicious about the chief or the cops. I'm not trying to be mean, if that is what you're thinking, it's just my opinion, and how I interpreted it.

#93 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

• Nova Patron
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

That's right, plenty happened! You tell 'im Grom. ;)

Funny that the leader of the rebels is correcting one of his own in the topic of the person he's rebelling against. :P

serenitysig.png

#94 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

That's right, plenty happened! You tell 'im Grom. ;)

Funny that the leader of the rebels is correcting one of his own in the topic of the person he's rebelling against. :P

Ha! "Rebelling" implies he has a superior force, WHICH HE DOES NOT. And I merely corrected my Admiral because we of the Red Army respect our foe, right up until we rip their hearts out in hand-to-hand combat.

Then again, values such as ours are understandably too hard for barbarians to comprehend.

:P

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#95 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

• Nova Patron
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

Ha! "Rebelling" implies he has a superior force, WHICH HE DOES NOT. And I merely corrected my Admiral because we of the Red Army respect our foe, right up until we rip their hearts out in hand-to-hand combat.

Then again, values such as ours are understandably too hard for barbarians to comprehend.

:P

We shall see about the size of our army in time... :P

serenitysig.png

#96 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Patron
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

Since I've joined the Glorious Red Army, I am legally obligated to only state negative things (sadly. I miss being a Freelancer). So, the best I can come up with:

Your censoring is inefficient.

That is all.

#97 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,256 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

A tad too much language for my tastes, but I'll leave it at that.

This is a great comic. If you join the Blue Brigade, you get access to a secret comic, with your signature figure in it.

How's that sound, people? It's a secret comic, no one else gets to see it. B)

Join the Blue Brigade!

(click the spoilers for instructions)

Spoiler

As will I, but we must debate the ethics of that again sometime :P
That last scene was the best so far. Very believable, a *hurr hurr chuckle* moment, and gives you backstory about the character. Klasse!
My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#98 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• 2,244 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hey, just because we're at war with Jlblue, doesn't mean I don't still like this comic.

Good part. You fail. :P

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#99 Clueless_Hero

Clueless_Hero

"Ça Plane Pour Moi"

• 351 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Interesting. I like it so far, I'm a sucker for film noir. I'm an even bigger sucker for stylization, which you always have a healthy dosage of in your comics. Once I finish Baffling Ballad, I plan on starting Between Hell and a Lonely Place, which is also going to be film noir. We'll see how well we stack up to one another in the infamous noir, an encounted I await with bated breath :cool:
Posted Image

#100 classified

classified

classified

• Nova Patron
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

Benefits please?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users