Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#2 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

FIRST POST! EDIT: @slater474: :P

This is nothing like I thought it would be.

That doesn't mean it doesn't look like it's going to be amazing! :D

Love the rain effects, you did that in Powerpoint, no? Also, I love the lamppost and the light coming from it. Awesome.

The whole thing will be black and white, yes? If so, that's entirely awesome. Especially since it's in the future, and that it wouldn't make sense for it to be in black and white. :P Kidding, kidding.

This looks like the start of an amazing comic, Blue. Very promising.

I await the next part with great interest.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#3 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

YES! JL's new comic. Time for badassnes.

Also, first post.
Dammit.

Edited by slater474, 23 June 2010 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

BWAH!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

I have been meaning to post about all of your comics, Jl, but I never got around to it. I have always admired your work, creating such grey areas with the awesome tool of LEGO. I am really liking the start of this comic. Will it continue in black and white or will it chnage into color? Just curious.

Posted Image

#5 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Well, this is exactly what I expected it to be. A noir set in the future. You know why? Because that's exactly what I WANTED TO DO. Which is EXACTLY what happened WITH SMILEVILLE. Oh, but this time, Mr JLBlue...

This time...

I did it first.

*Ahem*

Anyway, a nice start. It's got all the noir necessities - monologues, a detective in a fedora, a young broad - while still seeming fresh and original cos it's 2028 and not 1958. I'll be watching this.

Mainly so I can parody it later, but hey.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#6 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Patron
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Damn. I guess it isn't a prequel to Est. 62, like I had assumed. :/ At least I got the 'in the future' thing right, though.

Anyway, lovin' it so far. The black and white is perfect, here. Not what I expected, but still great.

#7 Hades0087

Hades0087

That's a very nice everything you've got there

• Nova Patron
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Great comic, looks like this one will be great all over. Despite the fact that I can usuallt solve mysteries pretty quikly

BTW: still not thrusday were i am. You're 29 minutes short!
ΑβΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
Ο κόσμος είναι το πεδίο της μάχης, & if it weren't for war, Θάνατος διαπιστώσει όλοι
the world is the battlefield to war's traits of doom & demise death finds everyone
Posted Image

#8 HayabusaTaichou

HayabusaTaichou

BURN IT ALL! BURN IT ALL WITH FIRE!

• 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

This is definitly the best looking Lego comic I've seen and it's story so far is interesting to boot. I really like the sort of gangster atmosphere you're using too.

Posted Image
GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD!
91% of Christian teens today are unsure of God being the absolute truth. If you're part of the 9% that is, put this text in your signature.

#9 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Edit: Oh... I see, just read Grom's update. Honestly, until He finishes his other comic, You'll remian king for a while. Therre is just too many unfinished here so you'll stay top for a while

Posted Image

ANYWAY, to make this NOT a spammy post, I've dropped some advice in the spoiler box below. Ignore it if you want, but it'll be there (taunting you forever :P).

Spoiler

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#10 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• 2,244 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

This is looking sweet. I am so pumped for this.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#11 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,145 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Does everyone here know how badly I wish to abuse my mod priveleges and delete every post so I can get "first post?" :P

I love it, Jeff. And don't listen to Grom - the way you have the B&W is awesome. Especially in the office scenes.

lWZ8e6F.png

#12 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

Yo dawg, I herd you like creepers...

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

Funny, because I was just reading some 60's classic detective stories. I can't wait for more!

#13 Hades0087

Hades0087

• Nova Patron
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

yeah that was kinda spammy.
Anyways, this looks like another comic full of twist and turns, I can't wait to where they lead
ΑβΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
Ο κόσμος είναι το πεδίο της μάχης, & if it weren't for war, Θάνατος διαπιστώσει όλοι
the world is the battlefield to war's traits of doom & demise death finds everyone
Posted Image

#14 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

I'm liking it so far. Reminds me slightly of blade runner, though there aren't that many similarities.
My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#15 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

yeah that was kinda spammy.

Well you were disrespecting one of the greatest comic makers to ever grace this forum, so listen here bud:

Only. I. Can. Mock. Grombrindal.

Got it?

Okay hahahahahah bye. :D

#16 Hades0087

Hades0087

• Nova Patron
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Well you were disrespecting one of the greatest comic makers to ever grace this forum, so listen here bud:

Only. I. Can. Mock. Grombrindal.

Got it?

Okay hahahahahah bye. :D

sorry 'bout that. I want you to think I thought he was bad, I love his comic 'Living on the Edge'. If people got the wrong image, I'm sorry.
ΑβΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
Posted Image

#17 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:37 AM

Haha, no problem. Just leave the bashing of that Australian dwarf to me. :P

Love the rain effects, you did that in Powerpoint, no? Also, I love the lamppost and the light coming form it. Awesome.

The whole thing will be black and white, yes? If so, that's entirely awesome. Especially since it's in the future, and that it wouldn't make sense for it to be in black and white. :P Kidding, kidding.

Yes, all effects in PowerPoint, as per usual.

Whole thing. Which I'm taking advantage of, because this way I can have yellow and flesh together, because in black and white they look to be the same color.

YES! JL's new comic. Time for badassnes.

Also, first post.
Dammit.

Hehehehehe. :D

I have been meaning to post about all of your comics, Jl, but I never got around to it. I have always admired your work, creating such grey areas with the awesome tool of LEGO. I am really liking the start of this comic.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed the comics I've made, then.

Well, this is exactly what I expected it to be. A noir set in the future. You know why? Because that's exactly what I WANTED TO DO. Which is EXACTLY what happened WITH SMILEVILLE. Oh, but this time, Mr JLBlue...

This time...

I did it first.

*Ahem*

Anyway, a nice start. It's got all the noir necessities - monologues, a detective in a fedora, a young broad - while still seeming fresh and original cos it's 2028 and not 1958. I'll be watching this.

Mainly so I can parody it later, but hey.

Yeah, but that's an RP. So ha.

Damn. I guess it isn't a prequel to Est. 62, like I had assumed. :/ At least I got the 'in the future' thing right, though.

No, no, this is not in the '62niverse. And even if it is, there will be a 0% chance of any similar elements popping up, given that this separated from Est. '62 by a good three centuries. But it's not in the same universe, so whatever.

This is definitly the best looking Lego comic I've seen and it's story so far is interesting to boot. I really like the sort of gangster atmosphere you're using too.

I'm glad you like the atmosphere. The visual aspect of this comic is very important.

ANYWAY, to make this NOT a spammy post, I've dropped some advice in the spoiler box below. Ignore it if you want, but it'll be there (taunting you forever :P).

*UNREQUESTED ADVICE*

I guess it looks a little better. I'll keep experimenting as I go on with various techniques so I might give it a shot.

Does everyone here know how badly I wish to abuse my mod priveleges and delete every post so I can get "first post?" :P

I love it, Jeff. And don't listen to Grom - the way you have the B&W is awesome. Especially in the office scenes.

I'm glad that you're sponsoring my comic without giving me any kind of notice. :P

Anyway, I hope to get more as soon as possible.

#18 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

I can just imagine the voice of the detectiv--erm, private eye. You know, the over-articulation and the rough, manly voice :P

Great comic, I look forward to more issues.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#19 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

Awesome work Jlblue, everything looks cool in black and white. :P

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#20 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:59 AM

Whole thing. Which I'm taking advantage of, because this way I can have yellow and flesh together, because in black and white they look to be the same color.

...Would you believe I actually had that idea, too? Now I'm scared. Are you sure you're not hiding in my living room or something?

About the noir thing - the only reason I mentioned it is because I spent a whole term doing film noir at school (I take a subject where we make movies and analyse movies), and my teacher was a Nazi with the colour correction we did. Film noir is drilled into my brain, man :(

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users