Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#2 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

As a favor for Grom, I will affix my seal of awesome to this.

Also, I would just like to mention that anything in this comic that may be considered an insult towards any members has a 75% chance of being my idea and you can't blame Grom for taking all my awesome ideas. The comic is also a comedy so if you take offense at it kindly boil your head/get over yourself/learn about humor.

He paid me to say that.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#3 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

Yo dawg, I herd you like creepers...

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

:shock:
This is awesome! I knew from the second Jociva made that identity topic that somebody would do this (I was even thinking about doing it myself).
I'm flattered to be in the first frame, and I love some of the portrayals. One thing that has to show up is Chiff. Make him a... um... I don't know, just make him!

#4 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

I'm torn on this one, I really do think it's funny and as far as SSLF comics go the quality is nothing short of fantastic, but at the same time the Rorschach monologue and the whole "good old days" thing (not to mention forgetting Xerx, the day this forum forgets Xerx is the day I order a Prince of Sturmhalten's Big Bet*) just drag it down for me, it seems like everyone always falls back on that. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, but once, just once, I'd like to see a comic or story that isn't really trying overtly to vilify someone or some group on SSLF.

Where was I going with that? I forget, but anyway that bit about the apparent falling into the "the forums have changed for the worse" cliché is really my only gripe, otherwise I think I may actually watch this one and see how it goes.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#5 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax."

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#6 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

That's not really going to change the fact that it's not an aspect I'm particularly fond of.

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

#7 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

That's not really going to change the fact that it's not an aspect I'm particularly fond of.

An aspect which doesn't exist. At all.

Seriously where do you see anything truly, honestly saying the forums have worsened? He's just being inspired by a friendly apparition to make cool comics.

And even the Rorschach thing was brilliantly executed Grombrindal comedy, not some sort of deep symbolism. Take off the smoke-tinted magnifying goggles and just enjoy.

Posted Image

#8 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

That part I liked, it's the monologue, the "I miss the good old days", and the fact that apparently no one remembers Xerx that give me a bad feeling it's headed in that direction. I'm not saying it's there yet, but using a monologue about how the whole world has gone to hell is a PRETTY darn good way to inspire "the forums are going downhill" subtext.

#9 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Bah, I'm a wizard! Not some.. four armed.. bug... thing...
I kid, I kid. I just think the fact the you put me into it is awesome!

That aside: That was pretty good. I had this little sad/heartwarming feel from it. Definitely keeping an eye on this. For real this time!

Edited by Rune Walsh, 13 June 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#10 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Wait, what? Which one represented Rorschach? :blink: The troll?

Edited by DanFaraday, 13 June 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#11 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Wait, what? Which one represented Rorschach? :blink:

The narration in... about 5 pages of the beginning. Which apparently constitutes it as "the forums are going to hell, all is death" and thus is on the same page as Scorpion City on the Black List.

Posted Image

#12 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

Great, now Dood sounds like someone who's sticking it to "the man" simply for being "the man" and I sound like Hitler, all because there was apparently a joke that I didn't find funny. And people wonder why I refuse to review stuff...

I'm sorry Grom, if I'd kept my mouth shut this topic wouldn't have gone off track.

#13 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

Did Ror's monologue get deleted? I just looked at every single post by him and I could find nothing like what you describe.

Edited by DanFaraday, 13 June 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#14 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

I see Xerxes every week at church. Heh, heh.

Anywho, awesome job Grom; I can't wait to see more. :D

nY1rpGl.gif

#15 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

BWAH!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Another wonderful comic to read by Grommeh. Hooray!

Anyways, very cool start, the Xerx tie-in was hilarious. Funny you guys should mention Xerx after I talked to him this morning at church... He isn't that dead... Shaved head, aviators, flip-flops and does nothing but work and techno...

That part I liked, it's the monologue, the "I miss the good old days", and the fact that apparently no one remembers Xerx that give me a bad feeling it's headed in that direction. I'm not saying it's there yet, but using a monologue about how the whole world has gone to hell is a PRETTY darn good way to inspire "the forums are going downhill" subtext.

I agree, the 'the forums are dying' is rather bothering me... Persoanlly, they're seeing a revival session. We just see it differently because we're the 'seniors' compared to the 'newbs.'

Posted Image

#16 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Did Ror's monologue get deleted? I just looked at every single post by him and I could find nothing like what you describe.

For the love of... The brown boxes, starting in panel 3 of image 8. Obviously someone has not seen or read Watchmen.

#17 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

I can't reply in the topic, because that's the rule I'm enforcing upon myself, but I'd like to clear up what the monologue meant. Basically, it's my observation (extremely selfish and mostly tongue-in-cheek ) that people are either leaving the comic boards alone altogether, or flocking to JLBlue's comics (which are great, but they're not mine, so they're evil).
There's been more and more RPs and stories and the like posted on the forums, but less and less comics - which is more or less the opposite of what was the case when I joined.
Basically, the monologue is meant to be me poking fun at the fact nobody pays attention to my comics anymore, and the fact nobody's really making any comics besides a select few. I'm not saying the forums are going downhill - I actually think they're better off than they were when I joined.
I was just trying to get across the point of this comic strip in a narration, and what better narration is there than Rorschach's? The whole point of this strip is me poking fun at JLBlue's dominance of the comic boards, and it's not meant to reflect on the forums as a whole. I'd explain more about the story, but that'd ruin it if you chose to keep reading - which I hope you do :)

A message from the king.
Now carry on being jolly subjects. Or overanalyze the message and take it out of context again, fine with me.

Edited by Dr. Dood von Doodstormer, 13 June 2010 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Completely AWESOME, Grombrindal. :D

If you ever get back to making more comics again, then I'll be thoroughly happy! :)

Also, I will be watching this with great interest. :)

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#19 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

I wasn't trying to over-analyze anything, just defend my humble opinion, I do have a right to state the conclusions my mind jumps to after all, Goldie hasn't made SSLF that much of a police state. :rolleyes: Anyway I talked to Grom about it and he laid my fears to rest pretty well. Of course I can't exactly say how since there may have been some stuff he'd consider spoilerish in there and I have a habit of saying too much when I start foreshadowing. Not that he gave me more than a general direction, but better safe than sorry. ;)

#20 Janitor101

Janitor101

King of Mops

• 908 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

Very good ser, please make moar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users