News LEGO Art and Writing Forums About Me
Shop Shop: Minifigs Shop: Decals Shop: Accessories Shop: Instructions Shop: Novels

Photo

New round of LEGO Ambassadors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Unique Name

Unique Name

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

I've been seeing this around all of the LEGO forums I frequent, but I noticed it wasn't here. Considering there are plenty of eligible members here, I thought I'd do the honors and post it. Read it well.

Hello LEGO Enthusiasts,

You may have noticed already that the selection process for the LEGO Ambassador Program will be slightly different this year. In the past we’ve selected LEGO Ambassadors based on individual applications, which meant that the program was built on a very individual basis. Now we would like to make the process more broad reaching and transparent for all members of the AFOL community. Therefore the selection of LEGO Ambassadors will be based on nominations from your clubs. In this way we give more people an opportunity to have a say in who’s name gets put in the pot for the selection process.

Who’s allowed to nominate?

Any AFOL Community Group (online or on the map) will have the opportunity to submit nominations from their group (up to 3 people if they so choose). Not everyone can be selected for the program as we’ll still only have around 30 people when all is said and done. Each club can only have one person selected from that club.

If you choose to submit a nomination it does not mean that your candidate will be chosen, but it does mean that your group will have just as much an opportunity to get involved in having a direct representative in the LEGO Ambassador Program. We will try to get a diverse group of people who are able to represent the whole AFOL community as good as possible.

Groups can certainly nominate someone already in the Ambassador Program, but from now on the program will have a two term limit in order to have more room for people to be involved. After a term out of the program, a previous Ambassador can be re-nominated.
A group that submits a nomination for the LEGO Ambassador program should be established and known within the LEGO Community.

What should a nomination have in it?

Name and age of the nominee.
Where is the nominee from?
Which Group does this nominee represent?
Does this person consent to being nominated (Please do not submit a nomination on behalf of someone you have not discussed with beforehand).
Explanation of who the nominees are, what their activities are, and why they would be a good representative of their community (at least 3 testimonials from members of nominating group are required)
Key interests of the nominee (themes, building styles, and some examples of their building)

When is the Nomination Due?

May 24, 2008 by midnight GMT. If a nomination is received after this time it will be automatically rejected.

Who Should the Nominations be sent too?

nominations@LEGO.com

What might a LEGO Ambassador be committing too?

In depth discussion with other like minded LEGO Fans.
An opportunity to speak with LEGO Group representatives on what is important to the AFOL communitiy.
Occasional opportunities to give feedback on upcoming ideas for different parts of the LEGO Group (require NDA).
A chance to submit their own ideas and ideas from the communities they represent on what they would like to see from the LEGO Group.
Participation in projects which support the community like helping rebuild LEGOfan.org and many other community related projects.

From the 2008/09 cycle, LEGO Ambassadors will not be required to sign an NDA to join the program, but in the interest of the community, LEGO Ambassadors will be invited to give feedback on development projects which will require signing of an NDA. Discussions related to development projects will happen in a separate “top secret forum” for those who decide to sign an NDA. All discussions in the general LEGO Ambassador forum can and should be shared with the community. The decision on whether or not to take part in secret projects is up to the individual Ambassadors.

Another new aspect in the process will be that starting with this next cycle Ambassadors will only be able to serve for two consecutive terms. Current Ambassadors will not have their previous terms counted against them, and if chosen by their communities to apply for the program can serve for two more terms.

This next session of the Ambassador Program will last approximately one year.

Thank you all. Your nominations are very valuable for helping the LEGO Community Team choose the next round of LEGO Ambassadors.

Tormod, Jan, Steve
The LEGO Community Team

Nominate responsibly. You can nominate yourself, but keep in mind that SSLF can nominate only 3 people. Please, for the sake of keeping thisgs within reasonable bounds, nominate yourself only if you are 18 (I'm not) and honestly think others will consider you worthy to represent the forum to the LEGO group. Nominate others on the same criteria.

I'll be the first to nominate Saber-Scorpion.

EDIT: Here's the tally of nominations so far.

Justin "Saber-Scorpion" Stebbins (6)
Chuck "lego2000" Citrin (3)
"Brickshipyard"
"Scorchy"
Nick Dean
Ambassador

Joker has also been nominated, but has expressed his wishes not to be elected.

Edited by Unique Name, 04 May 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#2 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• Freebie
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

Umm... When you become an Ambassador, what do you do...? I've read it yes and sorry if what i asked was painfully obvious, but still?

I'll nominate once I know.(EVERYONE will nominate Scorp, BTW. Or Kcaster...))

#3 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:08 AM

I can see where this is going, in rolls the fanboy tank and a hoard of Scorp votes.

So I will, to put a crude term to it "Urinate on that fanboi fire" and vote Lego2000, or is he calling himself Chuck on SSLF these days?

If you lot are objecting against him, then brickshipyard gets my vote instead.
Posted Image

#4 Unique Name

Unique Name

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Jayhenn @ May 3 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm... When you become an Ambassador, what do you do...? I've read it yes and sorry if what i asked was painfully obvious, but still?

I'll nominate once I know.(EVERYONE will nominate Scorp, BTW. Or Kcaster...))

A LEGO Ambassador basically has closer communication to the LEGO group than others. An Ambassador tells TLG what the fans want, and makes the announcements to the fans. If anyone remembers that poll about a classic car set that would be made, that's one of the things an ambassador does.

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ May 3 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see where this is going, in rolls the fanboy tank and a hoard of Scorp votes.

So I will, to put a crude term to it "Urinate on that fanboi fire" and vote Lego2000, or is he calling himself Chuck on SSLF these days?

If you lot are objecting against him, then brickshipyard gets my vote instead.

I foresaw everyone nominating Scorp. That's actually one of the main reasons I posted this here. He's belittled a lot in the broader LEGO fan community, but I think he deserves his shot at ambassadorship.

#5 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• Freebie
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

Well, Okay then. Thanks UN! biggrin.gif

Well, no one will've seen thos coming - But I nominate Scorchy!

#6 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

Why choose the lesser evil?

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

L2K and Kcaster are the best bullets this gun has.
Posted Image
Any man would give his only begotten son for Democracy - Johnny Got His Gun
100% of Admiral Ackbars around the world disaprove of these 'if you are one of the 2% that...' sigs. If you disagree, GO CAP YOURSELF.

#7 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Admiral Ackbar @ May 3 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
L2K and Kcaster are the best bullets this gun has.

You do know that bullets are fabricated to the same standard, right?

I think you should pick, sharpest tools in the box?

*Understands topic now*
Posted Image

#8 Unique Name

Unique Name

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:27 AM

Please do note that this isn't about impressing TLG with mad skillz. This is about being an ambassador to them.

This isn't to belittle Nick or Chuck, but I'm just saying that while I agree they are excellent builders, we have to look at more than just that one aspect of the nominees.

#9 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

Well, I'm nominating Chuck for a good reason, not only is he an exceptional builder, he states the facts in plain black and white. He tells you what's wrong with it, and ho to improve it, with a little C&C. It's the truth, sometimes it hurts, but he's usualy right.
Posted Image

#10 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

Why choose the lesser evil?

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ May 3 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know that bullets are fabricated to the same standard, right?

I think you should pick, sharpest tools in the box?

*Understands topic now*

But L2K and Kcaster are Cop killers.
Posted Image
Any man would give his only begotten son for Democracy - Johnny Got His Gun
100% of Admiral Ackbars around the world disaprove of these 'if you are one of the 2% that...' sigs. If you disagree, GO CAP YOURSELF.

#11 Unique Name

Unique Name

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ May 3 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm nominating Chuck for a good reason, not only is he an exceptional builder, he states the facts in plain black and white. He tells you what's wrong with it, and ho to improve it, with a little C&C. It's the truth, sometimes it hurts, but he's usualy right.

There you go, another aspect.

Man, this must be the fastest-growing thread I've ever made... o_O

Edited by Unique Name, 03 May 2008 - 03:38 AM.

#12 The unknown

The unknown

SSLF's French speaking member !

• Freebie
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:44 AM

Scorp... I mean, he has a whole site and knew around the world for his lego skills, he's old enough and understand what the community needs at least ( maybe I misunderstood the topic )... Fan looking or not, Justin has some good chance with this...

Rise: Betrayals

Filming has started ! February 2nd !

Risesig.jpg

#13 Unique Name

Unique Name

Rookie

• Freebie
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:55 AM

I've added a list of the nominations in the original post. If I'm not around, any mod is welcome to update it for me.

#14 508

2rAnDuMb4u XDDD

• Freebie
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:04 AM

I nominate Chuck and Kcaster, because they're just about the best I can think of.
Posted Image

#15 Ruthless Xero

Ruthless Xero

Fist of Khonshu

• Nova Member
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

I'm gonna have to go with scorp.gif on this one, just seems like he's the best one to represent SSLF.

Posted Image

#16 The unknown

The unknown

SSLF's French speaking member !

• Freebie
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

Not just SSLF, I mean... How many LEGO builders will recognize him in the community, sure, there's many other who could... but IDK, Justin seems to have what they need...

Rise: Betrayals

Filming has started ! February 2nd !

Risesig.jpg

#17 Lupus Lycan

Lupus Lycan

Sergeant

• Freebie
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:46 AM

I nominate Joker. Because he happens to be Moderator of a LEGO Board here, and he'll eat me if I don't vote for him.

Micah 7:13: "Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings."

#18 blade tiger

blade tiger

Private First Class

• Freebie
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

go chuck (he he he i just did that because im a chuck too)

#19 skull

skull

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

i'm gonna have to say scorp because well as much as i like jokers custom figs, figures is mostly what joker mostly does, while scorp does vehicles, dioramas and vignettes as well as minifigures and besides joker is a minifig painter while scorp makes decals.

btw has anyone mentioned this to brickarms or brickforge?

#20 Panama

Panama

Ahimsa - Peace

• Freebie
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

In all seriousness, the best to represent Saber Scorpion's Lair Forums is, yes, Justin "Saber-Scorpion" Stebbins

(it's kind of his site, after all)
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users