• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#1 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Foreword: If you were looking for little plastic vampires, then I direct you to the little red X in the top right.

So it appears my attempts to pull a page out of the "Blue Book of LEGO Comicery hasn't achieved the suspense I was looking for. But without further ado: my first third attempt at LEGO Comics.

Episode List

Pilot Episode
Spoiler

Being only the Pilot, you will no doubt have questions. Questions which I intend to clear up in the next episode, but feel free to ask them here.

Edited by Rune Walsh, 30 March 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#2 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

I have no clue what's happening.

I LOVE IT.

Seriously, although I'm not all clear on the details (I get that he gets his dreams observed as part of Project Twilight, but why? Is there something special about his dreams in particular, or am I not supposed to know any of this yet? If you're going to reveal it just say the word and I'll stop asking, but I figured I'd ask away anyway), I really am digging the concept so far. The editing can use work. Personally, I use PowerPoint to edit my pictures and it's never really failed me. Also, try to film "in" the set more, with less of outside floors and surroundings (I'm guilty of this too oftentimes, but it's still something to avoid).

Anyway, you have me hooked based on plot originality alone. This is going to turn into something good, I can tell.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#3 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• 2,186 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:45 AM

This is going to rock please post more of it and it kind of has a JLblue feel to it .
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#4 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

I have no clue what's happening.

I LOVE IT.

Seriously, although I'm not all clear on the details (I get that he gets his dreams observed as part of Project Twilight, but why? Is there something special about his dreams in particular, or am I not supposed to know any of this yet? If you're going to reveal it just say the word and I'll stop asking, but I figured I'd ask away anyway), I really am digging the concept so far. The editing can use work. Personally, I use PowerPoint to edit my pictures and it's never really failed me. Also, try to film "in" the set more, with less of outside floors and surroundings (I'm guilty of this too oftentimes, but it's still something to avoid).

Anyway, you have me hooked based on plot originality alone. This is going to turn into something good, I can tell.

Wow. Needless to say, I'm now psyched beyond belief right now.
Yeah, the dreams will be explained in the next part, but for now, I think this might clear things up a bit.
Spoiler

I use Paint.net for my editing, but I'll try and give Powerpoint a looksee.
My idea for the sets was, since I don't actually have that many LEGO bricks, I thought that I could just use that room as the only real set, and have all the dreams be more-or-less setless.

But an OK from you has really gotten me motivated. Thanks man!

This is going to rock please post more of it and it kind of has a JLblue feel to it .

Why thank you, I'll try to get the next one up soon.

#5 Jay Tee

Jay Tee

Jodmas

• 600 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

Are all those characters meant to be bald or are you lacking in the hairpiece department?
Yes, I'm back! At least try and look happy.
Check out my Sketchbook!

#6 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:37 AM

Are all those characters meant to be bald or are you lacking in the hairpiece department?

I am a firm believer in not using LEGO hair.

...Yeah, I don't have any.

#7 Rogue-Brigade

Rogue-Brigade

Helvetios

• 713 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

I'm really liking where this is going so far. My only real complaint is that the speech bubbles are a tidbit... block-ish. As JL said, Powerpoint can work wonders if you use it right. Other than that, keep up the good work! I can tell this has some serious potential...

...Plus, on a random note, I'm loving that font you used at the end, whatever it is! :P

Posted Image

#8 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

I'm really liking where this is going so far. My only real complaint is that the speech bubbles are a tidbit... block-ish. As JL said, Powerpoint can work wonders if you use it right. Other than that, keep up the good work! I can tell this has some serious potential...

...Plus, on a random note, I'm loving that font you used at the end, whatever it is! :P

Yeah, the bubbles are supposed to be rounded, but apparently not so much.
I'd really like to check out Powerpoint, but apparently my computer didn't come with any of the standard MSOffice programs.

That's my favorite font! It's called "Bleeding Cowboys", I'd link you to it, but I can't recall where I got it.

#9 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

Foreword: If you were looking for little plastic vampires, then I direct you to the little red X in the top right.

Or, you could redirect to this link. :P

I really like this, looking forward to more. :)

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#10 Hades0087

Hades0087

That's a very nice everything you've got there

• Nova Patron
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Looks like this is off to a good start, I msut know more!
ΑβΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
Ο κόσμος είναι το πεδίο της μάχης, & if it weren't for war, Θάνατος διαπιστώσει όλοι
the world is the battlefield to war's traits of doom & demise death finds everyone
Posted Image

#11 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dream sequence coming later, just giving you a little something to tide you over.
I am going to try and have a semi-regular* posting schedule.

*By "semi-regular" I mean "more often than Grom"**
** and by that I mean "I kid, I have nothing but respect for you and your work."

Edited by Rune Walsh, 01 April 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#12 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

*By "semi-regular" I mean "more often than Grom"**
** and by that I mean "I kid, I have nothing but respect for you and your work."

:(
*Reads spoilers*
:D

So far, it's quite good. Only complaints are the editing (which is still by no means bad), the occasional blurry picture (which is easily avoidable, so not too major an issue), and the handful of typoes that are slipping through ('suppused' :P). All that's easily fixed, so basically, you've got a good comic on your hands. I hope you don't lose interest in this :).

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#13 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

Mostly what Grombrindal said.

I'd also like to add that I'm generally not too hot on mixing with flesh and yellow without some form of explanation and/or set of rules that explains why exactly it is so, but I guess it's too late to change that now. And the technic bricks can be distracting.

Overall, the writing and concept continue to outshine the visual presentation. But keep it up, keep trying to improve, etc.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#14 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

:(
*Reads spoilers*
:D

So far, it's quite good. Only complaints are the editing (which is still by no means bad), the occasional blurry picture (which is easily avoidable, so not too major an issue), and the handful of typoes that are slipping through ('suppused' :P). All that's easily fixed, so basically, you've got a good comic on your hands. I hope you don't lose interest in this :).

Yeah I'm still using PDN for this one, and unless someone can provide me with a link for a free PowerPoint download, I don't see that changing. Spell Check would be nice though...

Mostly what Grombrindal said.

I'd also like to add that I'm generally not too hot on mixing with flesh and yellow without some form of explanation and/or set of rules that explains why exactly it is so, but I guess it's too late to change that now. And the technic bricks can be distracting.

Overall, the writing and concept continue to outshine the visual presentation. But keep it up, keep trying to improve, etc.

Umm.. Low budget..? :D... :unsure:

#15 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Patron
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

I present to you... Me getting into a comic near it's begining! oh I'm so happy.
I dont care if all I understand is... whatever I'm going to stick with reading this comic!
nice work!...I think.

cWFIAIC.gif

#16 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

This ought to keep you all occupied for about 13 seconds while I continue procrastinating working hard on the next part.

It has no bearing on the plot, so don't read too much into it.

Edited by Rune Walsh, 07 April 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#17 Anasazi!

Anasazi!

FIRE IS MOTION. WORK IS REPITITION.

• 566 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Dude honestly learn to fill your bubbles correctly.
Cap'n Jazz & Tera Melos are the best bands ever ever.

#18 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Patron
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

Chapter 1 Part 2. Enjoy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Used Powerpoint for this one. I think it's an improvement.
Feel free to discuss. Really. If you don't post, I can't exactly update.
In related news: I'm gonna try for a steady Wednesday morning update schedule.

Edited by Rune Walsh, 07 April 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#19 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

I must admit, you have a pretty nice little story in here. Continue, I like it, really.

#20 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I can't say I'm not enjoying this...Did you, by chance, get inspiration from Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy? You know, Black, Red, White, and Green?

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users