News LEGO Art and Writing Forums About Me
Shop Shop: Minifigs Shop: Decals Shop: Accessories Shop: Instructions Shop: Novels

Photo

AH YES 'REAPERS' (Mass Effect)

Mass Effect

• Please log in to reply
3416 replies to this topic

Poll: What console?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which platform(s) are you getting Mass Effect 3 for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Moonlight

Moonlight

Don't Think. Feel.

• Nova Member
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

Mass Effect 2.
It's nothing much, only the sequel of one of the greatest RPGs of the year. Information is simultaneously frustratingly low and constantly coming, though BioWare seems insistent on showing us the worst things in the game before (hopefully) rolling out the big guns. What we were promised was everything that made ME awesome and more, but what's been shown has been either really cool or 'meh' worthy. The new exploration mechanics seem interesting enough (despite the fuel thing being somewhat of a hassle) and the emphasis on your choices and how it affects the world is cool, though at the same time, I rather dislike the direction they're going with the combat, where you need to reload your magazines (even though they provided a perfectly valid reason as to why you don't need to) and medi-gel is gone and replaced with regenerating health. However, hopefully they're rolling out the good stuff, as they've released a <a href="http://www.viddler.c.../videos/1227/0" target="_blank">new Dev Diary</a> on the enemies of ME2, which starts with the Collectors, something I was really intrigued with when reading Ascension, because with what seems to be their close connections with the Reapers it makes TOTAL sense now why they have all this incredibly advanced, mind-blowing technology, seeing as all of tech in the universe are based off Reaper tech. Then it ends with LEGION. Who is an 'evolution' of the geth who can speak and think independently and is obsessed with Shepard and starts stalking/hunting him/her and has actually incorporated a piece of Shepard's armour into his own suit. If you can pull a Sarevok on him (and I hope you can) and recruit him, because if so, he's the first interesting character (read: Not Grunt or Subject Zero or whatever their names are) we've seen in ME2 besides Miranda Lawson and the quarian.

Posted Image

#2 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,407 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Miranda Lawson is hot, though she's no Commander Keyes. Although I hate the ammo idea of "ejecting the heatsink and putting another one in," at least when the gun overheats you can vent it instead of sitting there with it on fire.

Posted Image
Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#3 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• 6,858 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Garrus is returning, according to IGN. Of all the people that they could have picked. Oh boy.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dost thou even hoist?

• Alpha Admin
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

The weakest thing in ME2 is the characters. In fact, they're the only thing I've seen so far that I can say I truly dislike. All of them are boring and\or revolting.

Otherwise, I'm pretty excited for this game. Now if only my savegames as Tom weren't totally screwed by the Xbox's stupid profile system... dry.gif

gallery_3_16_11225.jpg

#5 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Garrus was one of my favorite characters in ME1, I for one am glad he's returning.

#6 mirage

mirage

Panzergrenadier

• Freebie
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

If Garrus is back I hope he's in as a companion not as a cameo NPC, and I'm sure the Quarian is Tali. If I can I have those two character back I'll be happy, since I used them the most and made my team extremely tech oriented which I loved. Sabtages and Damping ftw.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:

Rise and Conquer: Compiled

#7 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,407 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (mirage @ Nov 6 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Garrus is back I hope he's in as a companion not as a cameo NPC, and I'm sure the Quarian is Tali. If I can I have those two character back I'll be happy, since I used them the most and made my team extremely tech oriented which I loved. Sabtages and Damping ftw.

Too bad they sucked against things other than the Geth.

Posted Image
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#8 mirage

mirage

Panzergrenadier

• Freebie
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 6 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad they sucked against things other than the Geth.

Well worked for me against everyone, Garrus using his assualt rifle while Tali blasted anyone with the shotgun, while I picked people off with a sniper rifle, the only thing we ever had trouble was against Krogan, who+ immunity are a pain to kill.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:

Rise and Conquer: Compiled

#9 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,407 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

No doubt about that. Especially on...

INSANE

Posted Image
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#10 Moonlight

Moonlight

Don't Think. Feel.

• Nova Member
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:27 AM

I liked Garrus, if only because the species he belonged to was cool. Though how about Tali? Wrex?
Well, at least they didn't choose Ashley/Kaiden...

Posted Image

#11 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,407 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

Ashley is super hot though.

Posted Image
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#12 Ruthless Xero

Ruthless Xero

Fist of Khonshu

• Nova Member
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

Nihlus was my favorite, maybe he'll come...

Oh.

Wait.

Posted Image

#13 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• 6,858 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Ruthless Xero @ Nov 6 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nihlus was my favorite, maybe he'll come...

Oh.

Wait.

Lol.

Tali and Wrex are the only characters who should even be taken into consideration as to whether or not to include them. Well, party members, I mean. What would Mass Effect be without Joker?

#14 Ruthless Xero

Ruthless Xero

Fist of Khonshu

• Nova Member
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Sir_Muffonious @ Nov 6 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol.

Tali and Wrex are the only characters who should even be taken into consideration as to whether or not to include them. Well, party members, I mean. What would Mass Effect be without Joker?

Posted Image

#15 Moonlight

Moonlight

Don't Think. Feel.

• Nova Member
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Too bad the Normandy appears to be destroyed, and unless he figures out a way to get to an escape pod without his legs shattering from under him, he'll be one of the many casualties of ME2.

Posted Image

#16 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• 6,858 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 6 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad the Normandy appears to be destroyed, and unless he figures out a way to get to an escape pod without his legs shattering from under him, he'll be one of the many casualties of ME2.

He'll jump out the front windshield, obviously.

#17 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• Freebie
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:02 AM

And here I was hoping Shepard would become a Geth.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#18 Moonlight

Moonlight

Don't Think. Feel.

• Nova Member
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

Since no one decided to bring attention to this, I will.
"Organics do not choose to fear us, it is a function of your hardware."

LEGION has seriously managed to become the most badass characters in ME2 and... he's not even your ally. Though I hope he can. Because having a Geth party member would just be mind-shatteringly awesome.

"We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you."

Posted Image

#19 Ocelot

Ocelot

I'M NUUUUCLEEEAAAR

• 4,241 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 7 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you say that! YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! The Normandy is not destroyed, it's perfectly fine, and it always will be. Nothing can destroy the Normandy.

I've been playing through the first game again, getting my Shepard ready in time for ME2, and I'm remembering just how much I love it. Well, not everything about it - I don't care about any of the non-Shepard characters and the inventory system is a never ending maw of sucktitude - but almost everything. Bombing around lava planets in my rocket tank, setting up my Shotgun just right for maximum damage and no cooldown time and then just obliterating everything, punching out Manuel, it's all so great. I haven't decided who I'm going to have in my party in the sequel yet, although that new alien assassin who reminds me of Abe Sapien is definitely a contender. And I know I'm going to be creating a new character named Chuck Shepard with Miranda Lawson and Grunt in my party, because I am a willing slave to certain TV shows.

#20 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,407 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Nov 6 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you say that! YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! The Normandy is not destroyed, it's perfectly fine, and it always will be. Nothing can destroy the Normandy.

But it happens man. Been confirmed as an ending.

Posted Image
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users