News LEGO Art and Writing Forums About Me
Shop Shop: Minifigs Shop: Decals Shop: Accessories Shop: Instructions Shop: Novels

Photo

Freelancer Question- What to do after Mission 13?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Well, I have completed the main story, and the game tells me to "Find a Job". And I cannot gain new levels since in the next level requirement it reads "Mission".

Edited by DecoyOctopus, 03 May 2009 - 11:17 PM.

lol

#2 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Blood for the Blood God

• Freebie
  • 8,268 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

Post in Red Base, please. Really, did you read it?

Mx9bEfE.gif
[Ruu-ruu intensifies]

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#3 Thrawnie

Thrawnie

Demiadmin

• Super Mod
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Moved. And it sounds like you may have a bug, after completing the story you should be able to level up by doing whatever.

#4 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Actually, I don't mean to hijack the topic, but I just beat the mission where we have to take the Protius Tome from that freighterwhich didn't turn out to contain it, and I'm unsure of what to do next. Leave the system for work? Or find a jump hole and loot some ruins?

#5 xp194

xp194

Private First Class

• Freebie
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Blade-Angel @ May 5 2009, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I don't mean to hijack the topic, but I just beat the mission where we have to take the Protius Tome from that freighterwhich didn't turn out to contain it, and I'm unsure of what to do next. Leave the system for work? Or find a jump hole and loot some ruins?

Generally, if the next mission isn't immediately obvious, you have to make money. The game doesn't care how, but generally doing missions is faster.

#6 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (xp194 @ May 5 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Generally, if the next mission isn't immediately obvious, you have to make money. The game doesn't care how, but generally doing missions is faster.

That's just it. The bar has no missions, my ship has very little cargo space (and I have very little time to play) which rules out mining, and I don't want to leave because jumping from planet to planet is a pain (FTL knao kthxbai).

#7 Thrawnie

Thrawnie

Demiadmin

• Super Mod
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Go loot a wreck or two, it's the fastest and easiest way to level. In fact, if you know where all the wrecks are, you can get through the entire main storyline without doing any side missions.

List of wreck locations.

The closest ones to where you end up after that mission are (if I remember correctly) in Hokkaido. They should be enough to bump you to the next level.

#8 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

Okay, my problem is fixed, i just had to load the mission 13 autosave, and complete the mission, and the bug was fixed.
lol

#9 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Okay I have new questions about the Discovery 4.85:reunion mod. Where do I need to put it in the freelancer files for it to work, and is it playable in single player?
lol

#10 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,428 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

For any mod to work you need the Freelancer Mod Manager.

Posted Image
Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#11 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Alright, I downloaded it, but every time I try to activate it, it fails and on the log reads:
Error: problem activating 'Discovery Mod v4.84'
Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\Public\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Discovery484\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')

or sometimes:
Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.84' won't properly activate.
Error: Unable to find section '[Costume]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\characters\costumes.ini'
1055 files restored and 1 directories deleted

Edited by DecoyOctopus, 22 June 2009 - 03:22 PM.

lol

#12 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

Try install it again. Usually if it screws up once it won't do so again. Make sure the save location is in the Freelancer directory. If that still doesn't work, try the Discovery forums.

#13 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

The Single Player mode wont work now. If i have Discovery mod and Openspv1 on, and try to play single player, the game crashes.
lol

#14 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (DecoyOctopus @ Jun 23 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Single Player mode wont work now. If i have Discovery mod and Openspv1 on, and try to play single player, the game crashes.

Are you running the 4.85 full? Because 4.85 beta 7 doesn't have Singleplayer support. And are you launching it from the icon in the Freelancer files that says 'Discovery RP'?

#15 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• 9,428 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

You need to restore your back up files, save files, etc. If you're running a mod that conflicts with another mod, its a given you're going to have problems.

Posted Image
Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#16 DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus

The Ultimate Organism

• Freebie
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Good news: I finally got it to work, but on my older computer
For some reason, none of the mods didnt work on my own computer. (Propably I just didnt install FLMM or Discovery mod properly.)
But on my older computer all of them work fine.
Thank you guys for all the help.
lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users