The HXF Misadventures

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Reever

Reever

NFNG

• 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

MOCpages Part 1 (don't worry, no enlarging pics neccesary)

MOCpages Part 2 (don't worry, no enlarging pics neccesary)

MOCpages Part 3

Hi guys. This is a comic I made about a forum that I used to go to before it died. The story that I made up for this comic is fictional, but the members of the forum depicted used are real and in some cases are fairly accurate representations of how they acted in the forum (in my opinion wink.gif ). Since this is one of my first attempts at making an actual long comic, some things like camera angles, editing, building, etc. are pretty amateur and crude. I hope that those skills will get better with more experience and time.

The link will take you guys to the MOCpage that this thing is on. Donít worry, you donít have to click a link everytime to see a picture, theyíre already configured so that itís enlarged and un-clickable. If you donít know what I mean just go read the comic.

All planned issues have now been posted up.

Enjoy!

Edited by Reever, 01 May 2009 - 09:28 AM.

#2 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

That's really, really, really funny. Esspicaly how you used so many different faces for that one guy.

What does HFX stand for?

Oh and I almost for got, crystal clear pictures!

There is no such thing as normal. Especially here.

Posted Image

#3 Reever

Reever

NFNG

• 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

HXF stands for Hex Forum. Yes, there are only two words for a three-letter acronym, and it baffles me too.

#4 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

*Wanders into thread*
*Sees new comic*
"Hmm, interesting..."
*Clicks*
"What? A forum comic? Oh geez. And on MocPages? Oh god! Ah well, better check it out anyway..."
*Clicks*
*Reads*
"..."
*Cries tears of joy*

Wow. Exceptionally good for a first attempt at a comic. Outstanding. Seriously. I'm not kidding. It's just...wow mellow.gif.
Where to begin? Picture quality, first off, is absolutely fantastic. Superb, in fact. Better than almost every comic I've seen on here. The concept, though a little bland, worked much better than I expected. The thing that struck me the most, though, was the scene with Hitler. The decals, set design, reconstruction of the shots, etc...they were 100% accurate. Well played.

Another part I liked was the Leeroy Jenkins scene. Particularly because the knights looked so medieval tongue.gif. The humour, though I'm not a fan of memes, was good all-round. As I finished reading it, and began to post here, I noticed what you said in the opening post:

QUOTE (Reever @ Apr 18 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys. This is a comic I made about a forum that I used to go to before it died. The story that I made up for this comic is fictional, but the members of the forum depicted used are real and in some cases are fairly accurate representations of how they acted in the forum (in my opinion wink.gif ). Since this is one of my first attempts at making an actual long comic, some things like camera angles, editing, building, etc. are pretty amateur and crude. I hope that those skills will get better with more experience and time.

And I almost died. Again. The camera angles were great, as was the editing and building. Although it's not first-rate "pro" building, for a comic, it's beyond what many members can achieve - it's not about the set, but what you do with it (see JLBlue's comics - all HE used was a baseplate and a bunch of grey bricks tongue.gif). The effects were fine, in my opinion. So just as I was about to hit the post button with a 5/5 rating, I saw this:

Next issue will be up next Friday.

Enjoy!

Which guarantees there will not be more by next Friday tongue.gif. Simply because the laws of the universe will stack against you and prevent it from happening. It's fact - if a comic maker announces something will be up at such-and-such a time, it won't happen wink.gif. Just be warned - you'll probably get a bunch of people flooding here asking for "MOAR!"

So good luck anyway, and an excellent first start.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#5 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

*sees comic*
*runs around like a raving lunatic*
We're all doooommeeed! All of us comic makers are doooommeeed! Seriously, if you keep this wonderful performance up, you might just put the rest of us out of our jobs. tongue.gif

The Hitler part was good. Brilliant adaptation from the YouTube vid.

Posted Image

#6 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

Fantastic! I absolutely loved the one blond guy who suggested Hitler get a Wii. That guy was just hilarious, not to mention his reaction. The Monty Python reference was enjoyable as well. All around, just very good. Which is surprising, because most Forum comics have in-jokes and yet I don't feel left out of the cold reading it. In fact, I think one of the members in the comic was/is here as well... Kal Vares? Sounds familiar.

(see JLBlue's comics - all HE used was a baseplate and a bunch of grey bricks tongue.gif).

I like to think I've gotten better since then, but um... yeah, he's pretty much right. Sets are second to characterization and grisly violence.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#7 Reever

Reever

NFNG

• 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

Hello all, and a thousand thank you's for commenting and reading so far!

Grombindal: Don't worry, the next issue will be up by next Friday because I've already completed it. smile.gif I appreciate your attention to the little details. It's nice to hear someone who can really analyze a comic instead of lawling all over the place.

Jlblue: Kal Vares was a member here. Whether his account still exists though... I'm too lazy to try and find anyways. It was quite a while back when he was named Hotshot, in which he decided to make his own forum, HXF, and have some adolesecent fun there instead of the stricter, but still adolescent, discussion here. I joined out of pity almost. It was worth it.

C&C is always welcome!

#8 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Member
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

No, post it now!! I loved it. The jokes were funny, the quality was great, and stuff like that.
Posted Image
Proud member of Aperature science.

#9 Aro Mak Aderson

Aro Mak Aderson

HeroMaster-Also on Roblox

• Nova Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

Good Monty Python refernce!
Salut!
IMAPOTATOE

#10 Void Viper

Void Viper

Sergeant

• 1,075 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

Love this comic, can you just post the comic now?
Posted Image

#11 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

Ummmm....

Comix?

Posted Image

#12 Reever

Reever

NFNG

• 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

Okay guys, Part 2 is now up for the viewing! The last part: Part 3, will be up next Friday.

#13 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

I lmao'd at the Monty Python reference in the second part, and "Jesus has logged in" was awesome. biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#14 Aro Mak Aderson

Aro Mak Aderson

• Nova Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

XDXDXDXDXD
I was crying by the time it said "Jesus has logged in"
That was the most epic comix ever created.
IMAPOTATOE

#15 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

You are awesome!!!!!!!

Guys, vote for this in gold scorpion!

Posted Image

#16 Aro Mak Aderson

Aro Mak Aderson

• Nova Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

How do you do that ripple on the picture in the title.
IMAPOTATOE

#17 Reever

Reever

NFNG

• 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

The smudge tool in Photoshop done really sloppily. smile.gif

#18 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

That. Is. Flipping. Awesome. Lol, Tom Cruise. tongue.gif

#19 The Magic Tuba Pixie

The Magic Tuba Pixie

There used to be something witty here. Except not really.

• 939 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

My, my.
Very impressive.
When I clicked on this link, I was muttering, "Please don't make me dumber, Please don't make me dumber..."
And you didn't.

QUOTE (Grombrindal @ Apr 17 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Wanders into thread*
*Sees new comic*
"Hmm, interesting..."
*Clicks*
"What? A forum comic? Oh geez. And on MocPages? Oh god! Ah well, better check it out anyway..."
*Clicks*
*Reads*
"..."
*Cries tears of joy*

I completely agree with Grommy.
The pictures were very refreshingly crisp and well-edited. The dialouge was witty and interesting, and the "Mercernary" and "Another Mercernary" and "Yet Another Mercernary" was great.

I will, however, have to say the Monty Python refrence went on a little too long. The Evil Bunny was predictable.

But I did really enjoy the facial expression editing you did. It really adds character.

Very nice.
I'd almost say inspiring...
Posted Image

#20 Chad

Chad

fallout 4 hype train, choo choo

• 449 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

The killer rabbit was from Monty Python and the Holy Grail too

WHERE MY XBROS AT

Phae is still my wifey for lifey

0 user(s) are reading this topic