Station R-O-B-O-T: Redcode

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Sorry for the wait, guys. Woah, Comic Life's harder than it looks. Here's the first scene and cover.

More coming by the weekend. Postage plz.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

Sig es mucho gracias a Burngirl.

#2 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hmmm, it's pretty good, but some of the speech bubbles are cut off and some of the pics are blurry. But otherwise, excellent try for your first time comic! 3.5/5

#3 DhaKal

DhaKal

"Blow them away, Tachikaze."

• 277 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

Kandosii! oh sorry wrong universe. anyway very good so far. the set up, the figs, and the speech bubbles. perfect. is that my character right there in the red cape?
"No Boom?" No boom." "No boom today, boom tomorrow." - Quote from Babylon 5 by Cmdr. Sinclair, Susan Ivoniva, and Michel Garabaldi.

#4 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Feb 3 2009, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm, it's pretty good, but some of the speech bubbles are cut off and some of the pics are blurry. But otherwise, excellent try for your first time comic! 3.5/5

Thank you. It's actually the second try, but the first actual acoplishment.

QUOTE (DhaKal @ Feb 3 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kandosii! oh sorry wrong universe. anyway very good so far. the set up, the figs, and the speech bubbles. perfect. is that my character right there in the red cape?

lol. Yeah, that's him. Sorry he didn't have the longhair, I used my last piece on the captain and my other was borrowed.

Guess what? I might get the next part up by tomorrow, today at best, if I can get Jack's head by today. Speaking of which, Vpirate's guy's head was borrowed, so that's why he's not in the first scene. Just assume he's in the cantina.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#5 DhaKal

DhaKal

• 277 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Meh its ok. when it comes back you can just put on. i dont care. accully it would be kinda funny: "Random person: what happened to ya hair? (shoot i cant remember my guys name): I dont know know. i just woke like this. Rp: No you didn't. My guy: alright fine. I smoothed it out.

wow you might get it up today? alright well just double check stuff just to make sure.

-Dhakal
"No Boom?" No boom." "No boom today, boom tomorrow." - Quote from Babylon 5 by Cmdr. Sinclair, Susan Ivoniva, and Michel Garabaldi.

#6 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

Scratch that, tommorrow best. I couldn't get the head back in time for today, but definatly by the weekend.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#7 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

This looks pretty good! Background need a little work though, I'm just not getting the Spaceship/Spacestation feel from them, and you need to make sure all the speech is included in the speech bubbles. Other than that, it's good!

Posted Image

#8 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Fortyk @ Feb 4 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This looks pretty good! Background need a little work though, I'm just not getting the Spaceship/Spacestation feel from them, and you need to make sure all the speech is included in the speech bubbles. Other than that, it's good!

Holy. Crap. Fortyk commented on my comic! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!! Yeah, I'm trying to work on the backrounds, and I think the next scene will be a little better. Speaking of which, I'm gonna start the filming today. Trust me, guys, there's gonna be A LOT more action in the next part, which is also gonna be longer.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#9 classified

classified

classified

• Nova Member
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

Okay comic. But could you a ) make the pictures brighter b ) change the background color from white to something darker and c ) make the pictures/speech bubbles less blurry.
Posted Image

#10 brown falcon

brown falcon

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

the pics are dark but I don't know enough about the plot to say anything about that

#11 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (brown falcon @ Feb 4 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the pics are dark but I don't know enough about the plot to say anything about that

Sorry about that. The thing is, at certain points I want it to feel like the power's low, and they have no idea what they're up against. So, at some points it's just gonna get darker.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#12 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

Here's the next part. You should be happy, I just slaved away from 3:00 PM to now to get this done. tongue.gif Who am I kidding, I insisted.

Postage nessesary, guys.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#13 DhaKal

DhaKal

• 277 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Interesting....... I hope my guy will scrap some clankers and tinnies. Can you pull something rediculious for my guy out of curiousity?

#14 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (DhaKal @ Feb 8 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting....... I hope my guy will scrap some clankers and tinnies. Can you pull something rediculious for my guy out of curiousity?

I need a bit more info there, bud, and it might be possible. I'm still trying for the whole serious comic, but a few jokes never hurt. That was a lot of comic, in my opinion.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#15 DhaKal

DhaKal

• 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

Info? oh.... ive been reading republic commando to much. Tinnies and Clankers= droids. ah. you inplied you had more. Good job then.

#16 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

No, I know that. About the ridiculous thing.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#17 classified

classified

classified

• Nova Member
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

Like I said pics are blurry and that plus the white background make it hard to read.
Posted Image

#18 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

Well, classy, try viewing the full size. And they're really not that blurry.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

#19 DhaKal

DhaKal

• 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Oh... that type of info. I duno... maybe... nah not that.... hmmmmm *rubs chin* hows bout backflipping off a droid and shooting it at the same time? your the comic maker (though i wish i was) you do something that you can do, but interesting.

#20 Crispy

Crispy

Whipid real good

• 2,673 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Oh! I already had something EPIC planned for your guy. It happens when SPOILER!!!!!!!!! . It's gonna be sick. Trust me, throughout it all, there's gonna be a ton of pwnage of robots by the crew in pwnsome ways.

Edited by Crispin F., 08 February 2009 - 10:58 AM.

Adamsig_zps053b0cf4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users