#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

A little bit about Myth

Q: What is Myth?

A: Myth was originally a game developed by Bungie, it was(If I remember rightly) an RTS, and a rather good one at that(You can hear music from it in Halo:Combat Evolved and Halo 3). This Myth has nothing to do with Bungie or the game, but is rather, well, the Legendy sort of Myth.

Q: Why call it Myth?

A: Well, I could of called it anything really, it's my comic, so if you don't like the title you can go stuff yourself.

Q: Haven't you made countless Sign-Ups for Comics before?

A: Yes, back on the Old Forums, when I used to be interested in LEGO Comics (Mostly when Dos still did DDS). I did always think of myself making a Star Wars Comic first, but I never found the time or patience to do one, and a Fantasy one has started to appeal to me more(What with the Brilliant Castle Range now).

Q: Can my Character be in the Comic?

A: To be honest, I don't really see why you'd want to be in it, but if you want to, no. Not unless I really like you, or you can provide a pretty good Sign-Up and be good at writing Back-Storys for your Characters, it also depends on the Parts I have.

Q: Can you start the Comic already? I'm getting bored of reading this stuff.

A: Yes, but don't expect anything good.

I'm currently in the process of writing a Back-Story, other than that, this is all I got at the moment.

End of Issue 1. Comments and Concerns? Personally I think I need to get a hold of Corel Draw.

EDIT: I just noticed it's a little difficult to read what they're saying, so for the sake of the COmmunity, here's a link to the Flickr Set.

Set

Edited by Old Gregg, 05 November 2008 - 07:28 AM.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 The Magic Tuba Pixie

The Magic Tuba Pixie

There used to be something witty here. Except not really.

• 939 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

...Gah. Small type.
I couldn't even read it on Flickr, but that's my only complaint.

The pics are great! Very clear, and I think I got a vauge undersanding of what's going on just from the pics.
The set it good, there's nothing distracting in the background, and the figs are pretty good. Nice and pure.

I've found that the bigger the type is, the harder it is to place in the frame, but the results far outweigh the small, easily overlooked type. Also, it looks as though you're using a very fancy font, a script or something. I wouldn't suggest that, mainly becasue it can be hard to read and it looks as though all the characters talk like over-pompous nobility that haven't done an honest day's work since the turn of the century. I would suggest something simple that is a Sans-Serif font (that means that the font doesn't have the silly little extensions on some of the letters... I'm pretty sure Time New Roman has serifs, but Comic Sans, Century Gothic, nor Franklin Gothic Medium have serifs, making them Sans-Serif fonts. I use Comic Sans becasue I like it and I think it's easy to read.
(I resized the fonts so you could read them better.)

So yeah. It's got a great set up, I just wish I could read it.
Work on the font, but that's it. I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Edited by The Magic Tuba Pixie, 05 November 2008 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

I can't read a thing!

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#4 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Are they suppose to be in armor? Because it looks more like they're in dull gray jumpsuits.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#5 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

T-t-t-t-tiny text! *head explodes*

Besides, that, the pics were excellent. I just wish I could read what was going on.

Edited by Sir_Muffonious, 05 November 2008 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:34 AM

same here. It's just the backgrounds. It's like mine but... white.....

There is no such thing as normal. Especially here.

Posted Image

#7 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

Text is too small to read... although you don't need me to tell you that after the last posts...

Also, great use of the Harry Potter torso's. Maybe brasso of the other side first, though? tongue.gif

Posted Image

#8 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (The Magic Tuba Pixie @ Nov 5 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Gah. Small type.
I couldn't even read it on Flickr, but that's my only complaint.

The pics are great! Very clear, and I think I got a vauge understanding of what's going on just from the pics.
The set it good, there's nothing distracting in the background, and the figs are pretty good. Nice and pure.

I've found that the bigger the type is, the harder it is to place in the frame, but the results far outweigh the small, easily overlooked type. Also, it looks as though you're using a very fancy font, a script or something. I wouldn't suggest that, mainly becasue it can be hard to read and it looks as though all the characters talk like over-pompous nobility that haven't done an honest day's work since the turn of the century. I would suggest something simple that is a Sans-Serif font (that means that the font doesn't have the silly little extensions on some of the letters... I'm pretty sure Time New Roman has serifs, but Comic Sans, Century Gothic, nor Franklin Gothic Medium have serifs, making them Sans-Serif fonts. I use Comic Sans becasue I like it and I think it's easy to read.
(I resized the fonts so you could read them better.)

So yeah. It's got a great set up, I just wish I could read it.
Work on the font, but that's it. I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Yeah, I't doesn't help that I'm using Microsoft Paint, so I'm having to make the Bubbles myself, and there's a real limitation, I was using Size 28 Font, and your right about the Font Type. I'll try and change it for the next Issue.

QUOTE (Richard @ Nov 6 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't read a thing!

QUOTE (McTom @ Nov 6 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they suppose to be in armor? Because it looks more like they're in dull gray jumpsuits.

I was waiting on an order from Brickforge, but I'm not going to get it until Christmas now, and I can't locate any of my Classic Castle stuff. It's suppposed to be chainmail, and I suppose I could always Decal it.

QUOTE (Sir_Muffonious @ Nov 6 2008, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T-t-t-t-tiny text! *head explodes*

Besides, that, the pics were excellent. I just wish I could read what was going on.

Thanks. Like I said, I'll fix that for next time.

QUOTE (LeGoCr4zy @ Nov 6 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same here. It's just the backgrounds. It's like mine but... white.....

A2 Sheets of paper are very handy.

QUOTE (Fortyk @ Nov 6 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Text is too small to read... although you don't need me to tell you that after the last posts...

Also, great use of the Harry Potter torso's. Maybe brasso of the other side first, though? tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I don't have any Brasso at the moment, mainly because I don't know where to purchase any at the moment, though I have a good idea of where I can find some.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#9 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:47 AM

Well, the picture quality is excellent, and I'm sure it's great, but the font/text size combo is... questionable. Lessee if I can translate the small text.

Somewhere in the Grombrindal Desert...
Freckle Kid: Ah, oh, see... some we verve Y! Exploding you taking off!
Knight Guy: You there! Ram! Why are you not wearing your armor, we can expand attack at my Omm!
Pony Tail Dude: Be guild you bumbling fool! You Broom Kin! The level do you think your dialog! Windy up f*** b****** gibbler! Or the till....
Bearded Fella: *Snort* The awanky! The awanky!
Pony Tail Dude: Back! Under the both of you! You should be ashamed it call yourselves Knights of the Broken Sword! Where in the bot rut of your ballerina? Why do you not wear the covert uniforms! Sith displaying gross doppelgangers!
Pony Tail Dude: You shore! Get your stupid self in fine Andes for the salary! Or you'll find yourself to that greece with whichever possess Knight it batboys in!
Two Hair Colors Man: ______________
Bearded Fella and Freckle Kid together: AHSIN!
*Fistfight*

I kid. This is all in good fun. tongue.gif I would definitely give this a shot if you used, say, Arial and amped up the font size.

Edited by JLhenn, 06 November 2008 - 03:49 AM.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#10 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (JLhenn @ Nov 6 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the picture quality is excellent, and I'm sure it's great, but the font/text size combo is... questionable. Lessee if I can translate the small text.

I kid. This is all in good fun. tongue.gif I would definitely give this a shot if you used, say, Arial and amped up the font size.

Alright, tongue.gif I've just noticed that we can post Bigger Pictures, so I'll update those first one's now.

Nevermind actually, I'll just use a Bigger Font type, the Medium Size is still too small.

Edited by Old Gregg, 13 November 2008 - 02:01 AM.

#11 Gryphon

Gryphon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

I like it. Not much in the way of story, but there are excellent camera angles, and overall great picture quality (except for the third one, where the focus should be on the long-haired dude. Pretty cool; can't wait for easier-to-read dialogue, and more overall, if this quality is an indication of things to come.
-Gryph

Currently reading: Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, and 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Currently building: A MOC based on the new Space Police sets. Currently drawing: a dwarf! They're fun... Currently playing: Cortex Command and Dragon Age Currently watching: Just finished Clash of the Titans. Looking forward to Prince of Persia. Currently writing: Some world-building stuff for my stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users