D&D:

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

Well, after a hearty discussion with myself I decided to follow the cliche and do a comedy Fantasy comic. I mean, its a comic, which means it needs humor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was an Intro, a proper comic will be done next time.

#2 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

Looks pretty good. I'll be interested to see how you pull this off.

Posted Image

#3 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

Issue 1 Part 1:

Edited by Rapier-Myst, 25 June 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#4 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:35 AM

I can't see the very last picture. sad.gif Anyway, I'm glad to see that Alx is in this comic, even if his axe, his beard and the use of that helmet is wrong. tongue.gif It's the personality that matters, though. wink.gif The pictures are a little bit dark, so it's hard to tell what's going on sometimes. Can you use the flash next time?

Posted Image

#5 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Well, you see the ones where they teleported? Those are using flash. I need a lamp...

Heh, I lost my previous Alx fig, which had my only adamantine battle axe and black beard, so I had to make due. At least I made him kill me for it tongue.gif

Might post second part after school, just a measly six and a half hours....

B.T.W the last picture is Alx ready to attack saying:

"Bring it on, ye slug sucking, mucas skinned, boild beer drink, PANSY!"

#6 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Rapier-Myst @ Jun 25 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you see the ones where they teleported? Those are using flash. I need a lamp...

Heh, I lost my previous Alx fig, which had my only adamantine battle axe and black beard, so I had to make due. At least I made him kill me for it tongue.gif

Might post second part after school, just a measly six and a half hours....

B.T.W the last picture is Alx ready to attack saying:

"Bring it on, ye slug sucking, mucas skinned, boild beer drink, PANSY!"

Ah. Try backing up when you use the flash, then zooming in from afar while using the macro feature. The detail will be much better and the flash won't blur the picture as much. wink.gif

There's your problem right there. The Alx minifig stole the battle axe because he realized how valuable it was. tongue.gif When I saw that Alx had a head in his hand, I thought it was a head puppet. He has a collection, you know. smile.gif

I'm on Summer vacation. Best time for comic producing.

Awesome. Sounds like something Alx would say.

Posted Image

#7 Muffinmanifestation

Muffinmanifestation

Muffin Pl0x?

• 444 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

Well, until the story really gets started, I can't comment. But the pictures are too dark to really see.

#8 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

Looks really cool. I can't wait for the next part to come up! wink.gif

#9 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:07 PM

Part 2:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, until the story really gets started, I can't comment. But the pictures are too dark to really see.

Eh, this doesn't really have a story. More of random funny things. Found a lamp today, will make it brighter.

Edited by Rapier-Myst, 25 June 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#10 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Well, pretty good, Myst (I can't get used to the Rapier part of your name, so you'll always just be Myst to me tongue.gif), but there's a few issues I have. The lighting is the obvious one, as everyone so far has pointed out, but it's also very easy to fix. For my comics, I use a lamp combined with an overhead light and any natural light I can get my hands on wink.gif. My second issue is that there's the obligatory few spelling mistakes, but once again, easily fixed (spellcheck is your friend). Third thing is, the deeplinks in the second part are broken. I think you forgot the [IMG] tags wink.gif.

Overall, a good, solid effort for a sadly overused comic style. Hopefully you'll pull something fresh out of your hat, and make this a memorable comic wink.gif.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#11 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:27 AM

Alx ran from a skeleton. smile.gif

Anyway, the only thing really worth mentioning was how I noticed that the mage's spell was "Why do I speak nonsense?" backwards. tongue.gif

I also noticed the skeleton had a beard...uh....

Posted Image

#12 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

Awesome! Now that's cool right there. And like Muffy said... Yhw Od I Kaeps Esnesnon! tongue.gif Keep 'em coming!

#13 Void Viper

Void Viper

Sergeant

• 1,075 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

"And head of minifig creator" THis comic pretty funny, but it still is dark, try using more light.
Posted Image

#14 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Issue 2: Part 1:
--------------------------------------------------------

Yayz! Jayhennz waz killedz!

#15 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

Alx would totally do that. Kill someone because they weren't giving him a reward. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's done that before.

Posted Image

#16 Lord Cheese Con

Lord Cheese Con

HAAAARSHUUUU!!!

• 982 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

Wow, that was pretty good. In fact, I liked it alot! It's entertaining and you were able to figure out the whole Alx mindlessly loving treasure and killing people!
legohead.gif legohead.gif legohead.gif legohead.gif legohead.gif
Posted Image

That's right, we are now fighting none other than squash! Scourge of the vegetable world! What..what is that?! Is that a pumpkin?! Run, young'uns!

#17 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Sweet! I just need to wait for the next one. A fight with a fire... mage? O noez! tongue.gif

#18 Rapier-Myst

Rapier-Myst

Whoops

• 195 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

Issue 2: Part 2.
Did anyone get the two-way joke I made about Alx killing Jayhenn. He said "He gave me two good reasons" and He asked two questions "Whats your name and will I get a reward. Did anyone get that? Oh yeah, and Muffin, didn't he kill that old village elder for it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a While...

Edited by Rapier-Myst, 28 June 2008 - 11:40 PM.

#19 Lord Cheese Con

Lord Cheese Con

HAAAARSHUUUU!!!

• 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

... blink.gif I'm afraid...
Posted Image

That's right, we are now fighting none other than squash! Scourge of the vegetable world! What..what is that?! Is that a pumpkin?! Run, young'uns!

#20 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

Why does everyone try to kill Alx when they get turned into a girl? crying.gif

Also, yeah, kinda. He killed the village elder because he wouldn't give him any gold. Good times.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users