Photo

Elemental Contest #3: EARTH

contest

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Should Win?

Vote for your favorite entry to determine the winner!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:08 PM

Down to the wire, as per my norm.  I got a little over-ambitious with the minifigs I wanted to include, and had to cut corners on the MOC itself...and said minifigs.  Yay, time management!

Entry: Wulfgard: Rocks Fall, Raiders Die

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#22 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:28 AM

And now we have five entries!

Maybe that's enough to do the poll, after all? What do you guys think? I would post it in several different places (Twitter, Facebook, here, etc.) and then add up the results.

So, if you're to be the judge of all the entries, does that mean I'll get some feedback for my diorama? Because I'd really like that?

Sure, I can give feedback. :) I really liked your dio, especially the minifigs! Quite a variety, and I always enjoy seeing my stickers put to use. I also really liked the detailed story behind each photo, in the description. The blue & red factions reminded me of Xarkon and Victory. I understand you had trouble working 'earth' into the design, and that's fine. The biggest improvement I would suggest would be tying the whole thing together with a solid base, like a baseplate.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#23 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

I thought the poll judging was an intriguing idea, and definitely want to give it a try.

Should you go for that option, I'll do my best to share it on my various social media accounts.  Of course, I reserve the right (or privilege?) to ask for votes while doing so.  XD

#24 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Aaaand today I learned that Twitter only allows FOUR poll options, and Facebook only TWO.

So, forums it is then! :P

Everyone vote! And you can of course vote for your own creation. No one will know.  :ph34r:

EDIT: I will leave the voting open over the weekend and maybe hold a tie-breaker vote if necessary. That one might fit on Facebook and Twitter...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#25 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

That's it then! The votes seemed to favor artwork entries... Here are the results:

FIRST PRIZE (3 votes):

DragonJedi:
Earth: Hidden Treasures

30098533398_915b34e37f_b.jpg

SECOND PRIZE (2 votes):

Dalton Westmoore:

prasiolite_golem_by_dwestmoore-dck5j2e.j

THIRD PRIZE (tied with 1 vote each):

SPARTAN-II 100 (Spider-Bat700):

More images & info here: https://www.devianta...O-Constructions

for_saber_scorpion_com_s_earth_contest__

Nightstalker:

43315297034_de4708635a_z.jpg44034330771_68d7d083a0_z.jpg

Lord Capulet:

http://forums.saber-scorpion.com/index.php?showtopic=11336

med_gallery_15330_273_415208.jpg

I will send the winners their prize coupon codes via PM soon. Thanks to everyone who entered, and those who voted too!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#26 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

giphy.gif

Congratulations, Dragon!

Hope this encourages you to do more Art in the future!

#27 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

Congratulations to Dragon, Dalton, and all my fellow contestants, plus a big thank you to whomever was nice enough to vote for me!  (I didn't see the post about self-voting until after I'd already voted for Nightstalker's neat cave-in, so it wasn't me.  *shrug* )

Dalton had a really cool subject with that golem, and Dragon's color and lighting make it quite clear why he got the most votes.  What paint did you use, watercolor?  It gave a marvelous shading effect.

#28 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

Congratulations, Dragon!

Hope this encourages you to do more Art in the future!

Congratulations to Dragon, Dalton, and all my fellow contestants, plus a big thank you to whomever was nice enough to vote for me!  (I didn't see the post about self-voting until after I'd already voted for Nightstalker's neat cave-in, so it wasn't me.  *shrug* )

Dalton had a really cool subject with that golem, and Dragon's color and lighting make it quite clear why he got the most votes.  What paint did you use, watercolor?  It gave a marvelous shading effect.

Thank you, guys! Congrats to the rest of you, and those were all amazing pieces!

Cappy, it was gouache (more of an opaque watercolor) with some touch-ups and lighting adjustment done in photoshop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users