Photo

Devil May Cry 5: Bang Bang Bang

YOULL ALL SEE Foolishness Dante Foolishness Flock off Featherface NOW IM MOTIVATED

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Just in case anyone STILL doesn't believe that our saviour is about to return:

lj6HzQv.png

BEYOND. A DONE. DEAL. In honour of how 100% definitely this is happening, let's enjoy the greatest video game trailer of all time from fourteen E3s ago:

Imagine if the DMCV trailer outdoes that masterpiece.

#22 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

IT HAPPENED, YOU GUYS!

IT'S REAL! WE DID IT!

Here's some information from the official Capcom blog:

Years have passed since the events of Devil May Cry 4, and a lot has happened. Young demon hunter Nero has lost his Devil Bringer demon arm… but hey! He’s now heading his own branch of the demon-hunting business Devil May Cry. To make up for that lost arm, and keep his style rankings up, he’s enlisted the help of expert craftswoman Nico, a brand new character in the series, to lend a hand and build different types of prosthetic arms that unlock new badass combat abilities and devastating powers.

A new demonic invasion has begun with the seeds of a demon tree being sown in Red Grave City. Now fully equipped with his trusty Red Queen and Blue Rose, and a new arsenal of rad robot hands thanks to his partner Nico, Nero must rise up to this new impossible task. With such insane amount of energy and destruction emanating from this surprise invasion, the stage is now set for the latest chapter of the “Sons of Sparda” saga.

However, Nero is not alone in this fight. Our gameplay announcement trailer above focuses on Nero and his new set of tricks, but Devil May Cry 5 will feature 3 playable characters, with their own unique over-the-top playstyles and flair.

17fbaf28f770488c81ccfe813ac85175.jpg

EDIT - So it turns out a the darkest nether region of the Internet which shall not be named leaker actually leaked this game days ago but nobody believed it, lol:

1528669166626.png

EDIT - Oh, one more thing: This is Punished Vergil, back from hell to steal his son's arm:

fas.png

The fingerless gloves, the particular pattern of straps on the cuff of his coat sleeve, the veiny, pale face he had when he was unmasked as Nelo Angelo in DMC1. It's PUNISHED VERGIL, BOYZ. WE EATIN'. 

#23 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

I thought I'd update the old standby:

a0bfN04.jpg

2Vq6SNn.jpg

EDIT - Here's the facial model for DMC5 Dante, Adam Cowie (Reuben Langdon is still doing to voice and presumably mo-cap, but this dude is the face):

ymVhW9Y.jpg

#24 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

I'm gonna begin digging into the series for the very first time after work tomorrow (give them all time to download as well). I was majorly impressed with the DMC5 trailer, so I wanna get in on this action.

Feel free to give me a general user's manual so I'm not walking in like a headless chicken.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:48 AM

*gleefully rubs hands*

OK, some basic rules of thumb for the DMC series:

- Start with 1, skip 2, then move onto 3 and 4. DMC2 is an infamously bad sequel that really has no place in this series at all, and there isn't even any relevant story content you need to know.

- DMC1 doesn't have difficulty settings, you just load it up and go. Instead, if you die too many times in the first couple of levels (and don't be ashamed, because everyone does :P), it'll offer you the option to switch to Easy Automatic mode, but you MUST NOT TAKE THE OFFER! Easy Automatic is a terrible way of experiencing the game (the game automatically combos for you if you just mash the button), and your save file is forever locked to Easy Auto if you choose it so you can never move up to Normal again.

- DMC1 can be a pretty difficult game, with a limited continue system where you can actually run out of continues (called Yellow Orbs) and have to buy more. It's a waste of money, though, because you can save in between every level and no level in this game is especially long once you know where to go and skip cutscenes (DMC1 is quite a short game, all things considered). If you die a bunch of times in a level it's better to just reload your save and play it over again; your Red Orbs are much better spent on new abilities or health/Devil Trigger meter upgrades.

- Speaking of upgrades, always buy a move called Stinger first. It's one of the most useful moves in each DMC game.

- When you start up DMC3 it'll ask you if you want to play on Gold or Yellow mode. Choose Gold. Yellow mode is the same limited continues system as DMC1, whereas Gold is just a standard unlimited continues thing. DMC3 was notoriously difficult at launch because for some reason Capcom set the default difficulty mode to be Hard and it still had limited continues (and DMC3's levels are a lot longer than DMC1's), but the Special Edition they released a year later (and that the HD Collection is based off) has a much more forgiving difficulty level.

- Oh, and play as Dante first in DMC3; that's where the meat of the game is. Vergil was added in the Special Edition, but his campaign is really an afterthought; you just play the same levels as the main game all over again with a different cutscene at the beginning. I'd recommend trying out Vergil when you're finished with the main campaign, because he feels amazing to play, but don't feel compelled to finish his campaign if you want to move on to DMC4.

- DMC4 is a lot better about quality of life features and tutorials, so you can just jump into that one and go. The DMC4 Special Edition added three new characters to play as, but you want to start with the Nero/Dante campaign.

The only other thing I'd say is that these games can feel pretty dated by modern standards. DMC1 has a completely fixed camera, and the controls will feel very stiff if you're comparing it to, say, a modern character action game from Platinum or something, but I think it's still an incredible game that set the standard for what this genre would become over the years. Devil May Cry is the grandaddy of the entire character action genre, and it's honestly yet to be surpassed in certain areas, so be patient with some of its idiosyncrasies and you're in for a treat.

#26 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:56 PM

Pictured: Heaven on Earth:

DlGh8F5XcAAcyvW.jpg

It's happening boyeeeez. The time has come, and so has a giant DMC5 blowout from Gamescom! Well, not quite yet, but give it a few hours.

#27 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:38 AM

Here you go Ocy

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#28 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:46 AM

IT'S SO BEWDEEFULL

I can't believe I'm seeing this after TEN LAWNG YEARS. It's a new Devil May Cry and it looks amazing and I can't take it. Capcom are back to the top of their game again, and the RE Engine is straight up sorcery to be powering a game that looks this good at sixty frames each and every second. Devil May Cry 5 is the greatest game of all time.

By the way here's another playthrough of the demo that includes an extra cutscene before the bossfight. If you answer the ringing telephone   on the road just before you summon Nico in her van, which looks like this game's version of the traditional DMC Divinity Statue that lets you buy stuff and swap out weapons:

I'm going to be looking for more stuff! Microsoft is doing a Gamescom show in just under an hour and it's going to have some kind of DMC5 showing. I don't want to get my hopes up for a new trailer (focusing on Dante this time!), but oh man what if it's a new trailer?

EDIT - AIR TAUNTS CONFIRMED GOAT OF THE GENERATION  

c3bd42c4e5c745d01a504e93d6506a2ac016fb3f

And everyone who called Dante's motorbike being a weapon was 100% SUPER RIGHT!

MXtRt8E.png

#29 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

BOYEEE THERE'S A TRAILER AND A RELEASE DATE AND I THINK I MIGHT HAVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN

March 8th 2019. Dante has a motorbike Devil Arm. Nero is straight up flying through laser rings on his rocket arm. WHAT IS THIS GAME?

zSXwtDQ.gif

Are you seeing that entire building fall to pieces? In a 60FPS character action game? Did actual sorcerers make the RE Engine?

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

0dTIzlU.gif

k, lemme get some thoughts out now that I've calmed down a bit:

The good stuff:

- This game looks flat out amazing, which I never expected. This level of detail at 60FPS with environmental destruction on top of it all is absolutely insane. The RE Engine is made of magic.

- The bossfight against Goliath includes more cinematic spectacle elements, but, crucially, still plays by classic DMC rules. No mid-fight cutscenes to break the flow, no unnecessary QTE prompts. You go through three phases, complete with location changes, but the game never takes you out of the action.

- Dante has a motorbike that he can take apart and use like two giant swords, except the swords are motorbike halves. Remember the DMC3 cutscene where Dante used Lady's motorbike like nunchucks? Remember how we always wanted an in-game motorbike weapon? Dreams come true.

- All Nero's abilities are intact, like EX Act (aka sword revving) and charged gunshots, but they seem to have been updated. Rather than charging a shot and needing to keep the button held down until you fire, it looks like you hold it for a little while to load in three sets of double-power shots, and then you can use them at your discretion. Really nice, since high-level Nero play used to mean remapping your controls to shoot with R2 and then holding down R2 100% of the time

- Sin Scissors returns from DMC1!

Something I'm not so crazy about:

Nero's Devil Breaker system is very unexpected. From what I can tell, you have a 'magazine' of four detachable arms in stock, and you pick these up in the environment. If you get hit while using a Devil Breaker it will break, or you can break it on purpose by detonating it to escape an enemy's attack. Once broken, Nero will automatically equip the next arm in his magazine (which you can see at the bottom right of the screen). The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any way of manually switching to the particular arm you want to use, so this isn't a traditional DMC weapon-switch system. You break one, you use the next one, but there's no way to, for example, switch from the electric stun arm to the aerial mobility arm and back again in one flowing combo.

It's a very un-DMC system, and one I'm pretty surprised to see here. We've never seen consumable items in this series before, not even so much as limited ammo for guns, and DMC games are some of the best at encouraging players to play the way they want to play rather than imposing restrictions on them (one of the many things that Ninja Theory didn't understand about the games with their reboot). So... yeah, it's weird. But, hey, I'm not going to panic just yet. There's always a chance there's more to see with this system, or more options in the full game.

EDIT - Look at this cool picture!

DlMclNhV4AAnqGI.jpg

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:17 AM

Our DMC bois were at PAX this week, attending a panel where they showed some new Devil Breaker footage and an afterparty where Itsuno proved why he's the best action game director in the business:

dZq6z9I.gif

is9pnns.gif

Here's the full panel:

#32 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,963 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:40 PM

TGS BLOWOOOOOOUUUUUUT!

gk0veHw.gif

Featuring Kylo Ren from the Star Wars series

They also announced a Deluxe Edition, featuring some extra Devil Breakers, skins, and (most importantly) the option to use all the best battle themes from DMCs 1, 2, 3 and 4:

unknown.png

Also, we God Hand now:

t1gFWmm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users