NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#141 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

As for me, I have a defense to craft/stress/obsess over.  XD

Try not to obsess over it for too awfully long, Cappy. :/

I don't want to rush anybody, but this campaign is turning out to be way behind schedule thanks to the current events (I guess having Kye drop his disguise at this point was a huge mistake on my part). Not that I didn't fully expect things to not go completely as planned - that wouldn't be any fun, anyway, if they did, in some respects - but I still really wanted to get this done before my semester turns completely hectic. I'm going to be swamped with work this semester more than any time before now (teaching two classes, writing my thesis, meetings pretty much every day of the week, office hours, taking graduate level classes...), and I'd prefer not to have any RP obligations during that time, especially not a RP as involved and complicated as this one is for me.

My semester starts this Monday, so if I could at least get us to Artorius before then, that'd be great. It doesn't look like it'll happen at this point, but it'd be nice if I could get us to Artorius before Sunday. That way, I can throw out some objectives and let people do a bit of roaming in the city and move the plot along at a nicer, more manageable pace according to how insane my schedule is this semester. Hopefully I can still get this campaign done in a decent timeframe and not completely botch the story, but no promises on that last one. But it's important to me to at least try and not have to do either of those.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#142 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:11 PM

I don't want to rush anybody, but this campaign is turning out to be way behind schedule thanks to the current events (I guess having Kye drop his disguise at this point was a huge mistake on my part). Not that I didn't fully expect things to not go completely as planned - that wouldn't be any fun, anyway, if they did, in some respects - but I still really wanted to get this done before my semester turns completely hectic. I'm going to be swamped with work this semester more than any time before now (teaching two classes, writing my thesis, meetings pretty much every day of the week, office hours, taking graduate level classes...), and I'd prefer not to have any RP obligations during that time, especially not a RP as involved and complicated as this one is for me.

My semester starts this Monday, so if I could at least get us to Artorius before then, that'd be great. It doesn't look like it'll happen at this point, but it'd be nice if I could get us to Artorius before Sunday. That way, I can throw out some objectives and let people do a bit of roaming in the city and move the plot along at a nicer, more manageable pace according to how insane my schedule is this semester. Hopefully I can still get this campaign done in a decent timeframe and not completely botch the story, but no promises on that last one. But it's important to me to at least try and not have to do either of those.

In other words, Errant is back to normal. ;)

If this is what happens when you get behind, I wonder what the RP would have looked like it had stayed on schedule. 

Anyways, I'm going to go post now. 

#143 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

Since I have to resume both teaching and taking university classes tomorrow and my workload somehow manages to look worse every semester, I'm going to push things along to Kye getting shoved before the Templars. Once a few people have replied to that, I'll then move us along to Artorius.

Even if I have to sacrifice the pacing I had so greatly detailed (which has already been a little screwed, I know :P ) for this RP to finish it, I'm determined not to have this on my back during the semester. I just know I won't have time. So we're heading to Artorius once we resolve Kye's situation, and then we'll finally start - er - you know, the actual story... :unsure: Chapter 1 was never meant to last this long.

I'll try to get a post up tonight.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#144 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

Sorry I haven't posted, I've been busy with no access to a computer. Hopefully I can get something up soon.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#145 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

As much fun as I'd have having Kye sit around answering questions for Rutger (no, really, I would, if not just to write his reactions :P), I'm going to push things along either Saturday or Sunday, depending on various factors. I'm planning to reply again tonight, however, for some more conversational things.

Also, Dalton... I had a bird poop on Charon's head because he was standing there doing nothing instead of interacting with someone or something or doing you know basically anything, and then you still just have him stand there... :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#146 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

Also, Dalton... I had a bird poop on Charon's head because he was standing there doing nothing instead of interacting with someone or something or doing you know basically anything, and then you still just have him stand there... :P

Charon is just the life of the party. :D

#147 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Just a heads up: I'm going on vacation from tomorrow (Saturday) 'til the Tuesday after next (9/6). There's no internet where we're going, so I'll be MIA for the duration.

At least, the way things have been going, I probably won't miss too much.  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#148 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, except that I plan to start pushing things along this Sunday... not that that means it'll actually work. -_- But given you're one of my only remaining active players (always have been :P) and we're such a small crowd now, giving people free run of Artorius for that long to pick up lots of clues, information, and do some side-quests until you come back seems to be in order. I don't want to lose you.

You guys are really making me do the exact opposite of what I wanted with this campaign... though it is, of course, also a good deal my own fault. :P Thanks for the heads-up, Sareth. Have a good time.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#149 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

As this campaign has sadly come to, essentially, a dead stop, I plan to give it a big kick in the pants today that'll hopefully inspire everyone to return and resume RPing. Here are a few more details...

Truth be told, we haven't even hit the actual story of the RP yet. We've only just gotten started with some adventuring. Now that we have reached (well, we're about to reach, in my next DM post) Artorius, the story truly begins. There will be more details about that in my DM post, but for a general idea: everyone is free to roam around in Artorius after my next update.

As investigators of a conspiracy, it's your job to try and find the history tome by Faustus, which was shipped to the castle in Artorius. Your job is to find leads throughout Artorius, find the book, and meet up with your allies to try and crack the Hidden's cipher. Along the way, you may find other leads, other quests, and other interesting characters who may even be willing to aid you in your objective... But telling the wrong person your goals could end in disaster.

Chapters II and III of Chasing Shadows were originally intended to take place in Artorius and/or the areas around it, depending upon which leads players find and where their sidequests lead them. However, due to time constraints, I may essentially snip off Chapter III to the bare essentials. As always, each chapter will have a final boss fight. The boss fight in Chapter II can be triggered very early, depending upon player actions.

With that, I'll resume work on a very large DM post to get us to this freeroaming point. I should get it posted sometime today, but it may be a few hours or more, and it may not even be up until this evening or tonight. I hope everyone will have fun with what the next chapter in the RP has to offer.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#150 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

Well my studies have resumed as well and since I'm going to attempt to concentrate on them expect my posts to become, if not less frequent, at least shorter as I can't afford to spend as much time on them as I have during summer. I will of course do my best to keep pace and I have no intention of leaving this any time soon. You can count on me for the long haul!

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#151 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

So I guess I can maybe sneak Beileag into this depending on who does what on Artorius? Or would it just be easier on you if I just save her for another campaign, Wolfy?

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#152 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

It might be easier, but if you want to include her now, I could probably deal with it fine. :P I do have plans for some encounters with Vikings and how she could potentially fit in, depending on where people go first. I could PM you about those, if you'd like to include her.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#153 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'm all for it as long as you have time and energy :P

#154 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,470 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Ironically enough, I think this may be the most "open" my options have been for a while since, hmmm...the mansion investigation, if I remember correctly.  The last time I dealt with possible side-quests and free-roaming, I was facilitating it, not participating, and I (admittedly) still did a bit of leading for the sake of time and the overall plot.  Guess I've gotten used to a more ordered sequence of events in our campaigns, with a reliance on interaction for variance.  Now we have a goal, but seemingly boundless options to achieve it.  Most likely planned by Maverick to allow us freedom to roam and, in turn, free her own schedule a bit.  Well played!

This is going to be fun!  Now, what do I want to do...

Disclaimer: That was not an invitation for suggestions, merely a bit of rhetorical musing.  Offerings of such options as murder or arson will be summarily dismissed.  Thank you.  :P

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#155 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Hey Wolfy, do you mind if me and Burgs finish up our conversation from the previous zone in this one, like as a flashback?

#156 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Not at all; feel free.

Also feel free to go and do the things we're talking about, guys. Don't be shy - just pick some buddies. We wouldn't want to split the party too much, now would we?

Anyone here watched Stranger Things? It might be like that, only I don't know if anyone would come save you... :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#157 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

Sorry I haven't replied for a while now, everyone. Everything has been insane lately, and to be honest, I haven't really had any free time for quite a while now. Plus, something is slamming my body like a ton of bricks (I think it's largely stress) and leaving me borderline sick all the time.

I'll reply when I can (and send you that PM, Burgs, although frankly it pretty much just involves your character in a small Viking encounter in the city, so people will have to actually get moving before that could happen anyway :P). Feel free to keep replying amongst yourselves, in the meantime, if anyone still has actual interest in this RP.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#158 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

Feel free to keep replying amongst yourselves, in the meantime, if anyone still has actual interest in this RP.

At least you have players who have no interest in your RP.

My Errant Campaign as gotten 92+ Views, and only you and Burgs have signed up.

Not that I'm saying that that's a bad thing.

#159 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

Having players with no interest is the same thing as having no players. In fact, it may hurt even more, because you have people who were once interested but you did something wrong and wound up losing them. Speaking of which, you could post again and reply to Cappy, Dalton... :P

I'm also not sure how complaining about that in my thread is going to help your RP, as frustrating as I know it can be when no one signs up for something you make.

I'm about to toss up a brief reply, since I have a small window of free time and I - for once - am not feeling like garbage right this second. I'd happily move people to somewhere other than this inn table, but no one has left yet, so I'm not sure where to put any of you. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#160 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Well, I definitely plan on moving places, myself. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users