NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

BIG CHANGES on the way! (WIP; read for more info)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

Hey, fellas. So Errant has been really quiet lately, and I'm planning to overhaul some things to make it more accessible to people, easier to manage for everyone, and much more free-form and less contained. I'm hoping the changes I have planned will allow for more player freedom, more open-world exploring, more player campaigns, and easier management of everything in general - not to mention some edits to the sign-up system, too.

There seems to be some common misconceptions about Errant, and I need to fix that. It's meant to be open world and anyone can jump in at any time, but a lot of people seem to think that they need to join at some particular moment and catch up on some pre-existing story, which simply isn't true.

Here are a few of the changes in store, which I'm currently working on implementing, but it'll take some time...

• Turning Errant into two subforums, OOC and IC. The OOC board is now open for everyone to post new topics, to try and spur more discussion and campaign ideas, etc., without so much rule-reading and adhering to keeping things contained in little pinned topics.
  • Lots of edits to existing topics to allow for more freedom in general. I haven't gotten around to this yet.
  • Several topics will become obsolete except for the information they contain, so they'll be consolidated into the info topic, including the Errant Campaigns thread (anyone wanting to propose a new campaign can just start a new topic about it to discuss it and drum up interest; more on that later).
  • Separate player/NPC list topics for each campaign. There will also be a generic player list for people not currently on a campaign, who are just exploring the world.
  • Separate sign-up threads for each campaign (which will be started by the person proposing the campaign; basically making things more like the G4 sign-up board), as well as a general sign-up thread for people who just want to wander around in the world.
  • And more, including some revisions to the sign-up thread to allow for more character customization and less restrictions on skills, etc.

Essentially, the changes will try to focus on Errant as an open world with campaigns created by players.

This topic is for discussing the changes, offering suggestions, etc., and for me to provide updates as I work on things. This'll be a gradual process, especially with my workload, but I'm going to get it done. :P I'd love to hear thoughts about all this stuff, and suggestions for how to make things better, including the sign-up thread and stuff. I'm open to anything.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Salton Dalton

• Nova Patron
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hey, maybe I finally get a campaign started in Errant now! :D

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like a plan. :P Here's an info topic about that.

I've tried to clarify and simplify it from what it was before. Let me know here if anything in that thread is confusing and doesn't make sense. I want to make sure it's clear and easy for new and returning players alike.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

Wow, this seems great, loots of changes. Let's hope it bring more people along  :D

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

By the way - hate to make more work for the player DMs, but Burgs and Cappy, here's something for you:

Could both of you make new topics in the OOC board for your current campaigns? And, all players currently in Errant (who are going to be in one of those two groups), re-post your character sign-ups in those threads (the ones that Burgs and Cappy will start). Alternatively, I'll move your sign-up posts into those topics myself, if that'll work, but it'd be a lot easier if you can re-post it yourself.

I'm trying to eliminate the huge hassle I have to go through of copy-pasting people's sign-ups into a player list. It's nice and convenient, but it's a lot more work than it looks like. :P I'd like to try and use the G4's sign-up system to consolidate and simplify things. I'm still going to have a player list, but it's just going to be a list of names with links to their individual sign-up posts, wherever those posts end up being. It won't matter what campaign topic they're in, or if they're in the general sign-up thread. You'll still be in the RP, if you're in the player list.

I'm also ELIMINATING HP AND INVENTORIES. The RP is going to be more freeform and less micromanaging by me. Everyone re-posting a sign-up sheet should come up with their own inventory, as long as it's within reason.

This making sense so far, guys?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

Well, two people have re-posted their sign-ups, at least. Thank you, Balder and Sareth.

If the rest of you could do that, too, it'd be great. I tried moving posts, but thanks to the date discrepancies, that doesn't work out. :P Otherwise I may just re-post the sign-ups myself to move things along so that I can eliminate these old topics. Those of you waiting on Cappy's thread could just go ahead and post your sign-ups in the general sign-up thread, especially if you didn't specifically sign up for this campaign with that character, anyway (i.e., Percula, Neitha, etc.).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users