Photo

SPACE WARS: The Ghostly Nusiance

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Poll: I have now made strips up to where we meet Anakin. I have two questions:

What should I name Anakin? This is a parody comic, so he will not be called Anakin. So far I've done things either by switching out each letter with the next in the alphabet, or the previous one, and the like. Post your answer.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think we can get through Phantom Menace by the end of this year, assuming I release three a week for the rest of the year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Oh shoot another question. Guess I lied. What type of player should play Anakin? And what should his name be?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

If every porkchop were perfect . . .

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

Spoiler

- Bring It On -

So this is from a deleted scene. One really has to wonder what the heck George Lucas was thinking. I had the Jedi force jump to shore, which makes perfect sense. George Lucas had them pull out another sudden thing from their utility belt: Grappling hooks, which they shot to shore and then climbed to safety along. It's ridiculous. This is a dumb scene. 

A very dumb scene.

So obviously, it has to be featured in our comic.

By the way thank you all for your participation in the poll. I think I figured it out, but I'll leave the poll up for a bit longer to see if there's any more votes. Unlikely, but whatever.

On May 9, 2011, HolyGhost said...
POWERSLIDE

heroes_and_villains_header___small_by_ra

Click the picture to check out Reaperman290's new roleplay, Heroes & Villains!

no I'm not just advertising it because it's a spin-off of my own roleplay why would you think that

#182 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

Spoiler

- Is One Of The Statues Peeing Water? -

Fun Fact #1: We have now entered the section of the comic where I figured out a lot of really simple ways to make the comic higher quality and felt really dumb about not having done it before. The connections between bubbles now have black edges and are curved. Also the images should now be slightly higher quality. I also figured out a way to fit more text in smaller bubbles. It was all really simple and I feel stupid about it. :P
I will however be keeping the GM's bubble-connectors square, cuz it makes him feel more mechanical. I dunno.
Fun Fact #2: This strip marks the start of my latest batch. I went on a spree and created about thirty in like, two weeks. The time gap between creating the last one and this one are probably several months.
Fun Fact #3: I have adopted the decision to make sure I try and get through at least thirty seconds of footage a strip, and to try, at all costs, to avoid another situation like Otoh Gunga.
Fun Fact #4: The large image of the Naboo/Nidell city is not found anywhere in the movie. Rather, it is in a deleted scene, at the end of the waterfall segment - but even then, you will not find this still. I stitched it together from two screencaps. Pretty proud of it.
Fun Fact #5: The upcoming thirty-ish strips are my favorite to date.
Fun Fact #6: The CGI department that worked on Phantom Menace is really bad at keeping lighting consistent during CGI pans. Even at a glance, there is a very noticeable color and lighting change between the bottom and top half of the image. This was near impossible to fix. Part of it, I'm sure, was as it panned up, it caught a bit of the sun, and there was glare, or something, but I would still expect the bottom of the city to have the same color as the top. Another possible reason could be that the CGI in this scene was never finished because it was deleted. But I still have found similar examples throughout the movie.
Fun Fact #7: Contrary to popular belief, the reason George Lucas cut this scene was not time constraints or because the Yes Men finally said "no," but actually because the statue fountains are nude. (I'm lying.)

POWERSLIDE

no I'm not just advertising it because it's a spin-off of my own roleplay why would you think that

#183 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Spoiler

- Are There Footmaidens? -

Feel free to add these to your list of random encounters:
Footmaidens, Headmaidens, Legmaidens (slight difference from Footmaidens - less proud), Fingermaidens, Eyemaidens, Nosemaidens, Earmaidens, Hairmaidens, Armmaidens, Forearmmaidens, Elbowmaidens, Shouldermaidens, Pelvicmaidens, Lowerbackmaidens, Buttmaidens, Bicepmaidens, Tricepmaidens, Quadricepmaidens, Intercostalmaidens, Pentecostalmaidens, Inter-coastalmaidens, Planetmaidens, Solarmaidens, Galaxymaidens, Universemaidens, and Multiversemaidens.

See also: Godmaidens.

POWERSLIDE

#184 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:28 PM

GUESS WHO'S BEEN SLACKING OFF?

Time for a triple double- wait. No. Just two.

Spoiler

- At Least He's Making Sure -
I direct you to a certain Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman episode, where Lois has to do something deadly, and stop when Superman says so. Something like that. If she's a second off, she dies. She made sure to be painfully specific on if it was on the word, right after or whatevs. Don't remember the name of the episode, and it'd be to much work to try and hunt down a clip, but I'll just leave that here. Clarity is important, especially in life-threatening situations.

Next'un!

Spoiler

- Jedijitsu-
Really. Very impractical. Why Obi didn't just slice those droids to pieces or Power-er, Force Push them isn't something I can answer.
Also, pretty sure they filmed two shots of this exact same kick, one from the front and one from behind in a green-screen box, because in the next fight scene, like a minute from now, he does the exact same move. Odd, right? Yeah.

POWERSLIDE

#185 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

Sorry guys, I've been really busy and Space Wars has honestly just been slipping my mind. I'll get two up tomorrow, I promise.

POWERSLIDE

#186 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

I'm sorry guys, I got really sick yesterday and I was very absentminded. I'll see what I can do today, but I can't promise anything. :/

POWERSLIDE

#187 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

WOAH

WOAH

Lemme just say it first.

I'm terrible.

Spoiler

- A Fight Scene At Last -
. . . heyyyy! long time no see!

I have no explanation for you. Go forth! Enjoy!
I don't think I'm gonna give nay more reasons or excuses why I go on hiatus again. Just know that it may happen without warning, but it's for a reason, and I'm sorry, but I will stick through this.

POWERSLIDE

#188 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:19 AM

Spoiler

- Obligatory Offensively French Guy -
Always. There's always that one guy that's French for no apparent reason.
Also, there's always that entire cast that's white for no apparent reason.
Anywho.

POWERSLIDE

#189 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:59 PM

Spoiler

- Foreshadowing? -
Maybe?

Don't open this spoiler unless you want to lose all faith in me.

Spoiler

POWERSLIDE

#190 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Spoiler

- I Promise This Will Not Result in Us Being off-Topic For The Next 20 Strips -
I swear. Seriously. I have buffers. I can see into the future. The next strip returns immediately to the action.

POWERSLIDE

#191 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

Spoiler

- Barter, Negotiate & Swagger -
Alternatively: Swagger Level Above 9000
I'm BACK!
And here we see Obi double-kicking two droids AGAIN, like we saw him do only a few strips ago.

POWERSLIDE

#192 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Spoiler

- Aggressive Negotiations -
This is one of my favorite pages, and is also exactly page 100. Look at the first page of this comic, and compare it with this one. Wow. It's incredible how far I've come comic-making wise.

And how not-far we have progressed into this comic.

POWERSLIDE

#193 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Two today because the first is imageless.

Spoiler

- A Wild Player Appears -
Gasp! Fresh blood?! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Spoiler

- Must Have Slipped My Mind -
Alternatively: Which Way Is Mordor, Gandalf?
Second star on the right, straight on til' morning.

I may have just spoiled a joke in a few strips . . .

Hey though, it's a girl!

POWERSLIDE

#194 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Ah! Remember that spoiler from a few pages back that you probably opened, even though I warned you not to if you didn't want to lose all faith in me?

Spoiler

POWERSLIDE

#195 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

Spoiler

- The Great Droid Massacre Of 2529 -
. . . or whenever this takes place, comic-wise.
This is one of my favorite strips, BTW. I always thought this scene was ridiculous. They send not one, but four astromechs to fix a problem on the roof of the ship, and three of them get sniped off by lasers from battleships that miraculously don't damage the ship, and they all seem to miss the very last one, who fixes the problem and returns to the ship unscathed.

Also they killed three astromechs without a care in the world.
I aim to remedy that.

POWERSLIDE

#196 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

So, my computer hates having all these images open at once. So, to save me and it some pain, I've been separating my Space Wars pages into separate documents, with, recently, about 20 pages per document.

Today, I opened my most recent one, sporting 17 pages, none of which you have seen, a good thirty/forty pages ahead of where we are.

Powerpoint said "PowerPoint removed content in SPACE WARS, THE GHOSTLY NUISANCE."

Every image was gone. Every. Single. One. Replaced with white blankness saying "this image cannot currently be displayed."

I'm screwed guys. There was so much stuff in there. Can anyone help? The only restorable version was from three days ago, saving thirteen out of seventeen pages, still not preferable. This is roughly eight hours of work, at least. This sucks. I'm not joking. I am so pissed. I don't know what to do.

POWERSLIDE

#197 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

wesa back

Spoiler

- Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight -
I guess you could say there were some . . . sparks. Hehehe . . . you know, like, cause they loved each other?

POWERSLIDE

#198 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

That face in the top left panel, he just looks, so stoned.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#199 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

That face in the top left panel, he just looks, so stoned.

You're so right. Obi-Stone'd-Kenobi.

Spoiler

- How Dare You Make That Assumption -
You should be ashamed of yourself and your family.

I'd make a status update informing y'all of a new episode, but someone removed that feature.

POWERSLIDE

#200 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

Spoiler

- Obi-Pan Kenobi -
You may remembered I spoiled the joke at the end of the strip a few strips back.
So, how y'all liking Nyssa/Esther?

POWERSLIDE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users