NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

WG Updates (Latest 03/06)

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

WG/NR Weekly Updates Topic

To maintain a more consistent stream of new content, Wolfy and I are starting the Wulfgard and Nova Refuge Weekly Update Topics. Every Sunday, we will try to post something related to either one or both of the universes. Yes, sometimes there will be a WG update and no NR, and sometimes vice versa - maybe a whole new comic page or story chapter or a preview of an upcoming book, or maybe just a new sketch or a new page on the wiki - but the point is, we will try our best to post something.

These weekly updates will be posted as a reply in this thread and the Nova Refuge equivalent, and larger updates will also be posted on the respective universe's news blog. You can discuss all of the updates here and/or leave a comment on the blog post, but if there's an appropriate topic elsewhere on the forum (for example, the topic about the comic for comic updates) we would prefer you to use that, and we will try to link to it in the update.

Enjoy!

For the first Wulfgard update, we have a Wiki page about an important character in the first Wulfgard novel, along with a sketch:

gallery_1_195_461518.jpg

Sir Scaevius, Left Hand Paladin of the Achaean Emperor

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

POPULAR

As you may have noticed, the Wulfgard board on SSLF finally has its own skin again! Nova Members may opt to use this skin for the whole forum using the "Change Theme" button in the very lower-left corner of any forum page.

Also, we're kicking off the last of the four parallel storylines of Wulfgard: Into the North this week. In this chapter, we finally meet our narrator: Dagfari Firebeard.

dwarves01.jpg

In Places Deep, page 1

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#3 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

Solid page! I love the way you colored this one as well as how Dabfrag is holding his hammer in the second panel. Makes him look all Thorlike. Oh, his name is changed? He'll always be Dabfrag to me :P Heh, well I'm excited to see more! These update topics are awesome!

#4 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

POPULAR

Was too busy this weekend to finish another comic page (those things take forever), so have some Wiki content instead:

gallery_1_195_37002.jpg

New pages:

-Scorp

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

POPULAR

Sorry about not posting any updates in either thread last week. I've been very busy. One thing I've been working on is moving the first Wulfgard novel (Maegan's story of Sir Tom Drake) closer and closer to publication. This includes drawing the chapter header sketches, which you might be familiar with if you purchased Warrior Born. Below is the work-in-progress header art for "Chapter 2: The Dragon's Wrath":

gallery_1_195_535487.jpg

That's all for now, sorry - Hopefully I'll have more stuff I can post next time.

-Scorp

#6 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oooh, holy crap that looks awesome! Drake looks awesome, his face, the blood, the armor, the pose, it all looks incredible! The design of the armor really shines though, that looks so cool. And WIP Corben's clothes look pretty cool, and Marks looks sweet too. :D

In the way of constructive criticism, I feel like Tom's right hand sword should maybe be back a little more, so it looks more like it's threateningly pointed at Marks instead of threateningly resting on his shoulder. 

And maybe Drake could look a smidge angrier. Not much, maybe just making him a little snarlier and showing more teeth, or arching  his eyebrows slightly more. Corben's right hand needs some work too, but other than that nitpicking, this piece looks fantastic. :D I can't wait to see the finished product. And are you planning to color it for the book?

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#7 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

Mmmm! So tasty! Drake's armor is simply fantastic! I love the posing of it all, it's so fluid! Really great stuff! Although, I do think there should be more blood. As the chapter states,

"Blood coated the entire left side of Drake’s head, running profusely down his face and dripping from his chin." In the picture, it's more a trickle. Put that's a nitpick.

Along the same lines though, I agree with Harry. Unless he already stabbed Marks's shoulder. But even then, I think he'd have his blade higher. Another nitpick, Corben's left hand looks like he has two thumbs...

Not to sound like I hate it though, 'cause it's gorgeous! And I love it to pieces!  Looking forward to see the rest of the sketches while I read the book!

Edited by Amarok, 17 June 2013 - 06:19 PM.

emily-blunt.gif

#8 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the suggestions. About the shoulder thing though: My idea was that Tom was threatening to cut Marks's throat, and I prefer a "beside the throat" position over the "tip of blade pointed directly at throat" position. Perhaps I've seen the latter too often in movies and such, where it frequently gets easily swatted aside by the antagonist. :P

And are you planning to color it for the book?

The illustrations inside the book will probably be black & white sketches, like the ones frequently seen on the wiki and website.

-Scorp

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,991 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the comments on that sketch, you two. :P

Sorry about the lack of an update yesterday! Things are somewhat hectic right now. With any luck, however, you can all expect a story - most likely to be posted in two parts - in the upcoming Sundays.

For now, we've updated the Felesians page on the wikia with lots of information on various felesian races and their cultures. Also, new on the Octopians page, you can find a sketch by Klaykid:

Octopian_by_klaykid1.jpg

Klaykid's art topic on SSLF can be found here. I highly recommend checking it out. ;) 

That's all for now. Keep an eye out for further updates, including more sketches and a story.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#10 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• 2,244 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Been waiting for this page. For a long, loooong time. Looking forward to the story. :)

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,991 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

More wikia updates this week! Hopefully the story will be up next week. ;) Blame my artist/editor/proofreader/whatever, not me. :P

An all-new page on vargs has been posted!

Varg.jpg

And the page on saurians (lizardfolk) has been expanded to include more general information. We've also added some sketches to the Illikon (specifically the Docks section) and Dragons (specifically the Stormkrag section) pages, although after some discussion, we've decided that the Dragons page will receive a fairly heavy overhaul in the coming weeks.

Enjoy! Be sure to check out next week's update, which, with any luck, will be a story and some accompanying artwork.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#12 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I find the vargs really interesting. Intelligent, free-willed, even magical in some cases. Much better than the inherently evil goblin chauffeurs you get from Tolkien's wargs and D&D's worgs.

It's funny that all three of these worlds have different spellings for very similar things. :P 

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,991 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Thanks, Muffy. :D As for the names, they all come from the same place, which is one of the Norse words for wolf: vargr. In Norse mythology, giant wolves - particularly Fenrir, Skoll, and Hati - were often referred to by that name (more so than another word for wolf, "ulfr"). Tolkien used the Old English version of the word, which was "warg." :P 

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,991 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

POPULAR

The sign-ups for an all-new Wulfgard RP, "Nidavellir," have begun! It is a non-combat, mystery RP set in the harsh and highly magical realm of Nidavellir, the underground world far beneath Midgard, the realm of humans. Please have a look and sign up - I promise it'll be fun! Here's a sketch of a svartalfar city to accompany the RP:

Svartalfar_city.jpg

Also, the wiki has been updated. Various pages have been cleaned up and revised some, and lots of links were added and fixed across the wiki. There have been several other updates as well:

- The Dragons article has been almost completely revised, with the exception of the Pseudodragons and Known Dragons sections. The classification of dragons is no longer in place, and the hybrids section has been slightly altered to include the possibility of dragon-men.

- An all-new article about Men has been added. Although it may be revised more in the future, it provides at least brief descriptions of each race of humans.

- The Dark Elves article has been revised some, and it will be revised more in the future to clarify certain ideas and descriptions EDIT: revision is now complete. Also, a sketch has been added to the page: 

Dark_elf_01.jpg

- An article about Demon-kin has been added. Primarily, it is composed of information that already existed in the Demons page on the wiki. However, the Demons page is now slightly shorter and more organized, as the section on demon-kin is now its own article. The Demons article will be cleaned up more in the future.

- The Elves page has been revised for clarification and improvement.

- The Chaos Races article has been broken up more so that it's easier to read.

That's all for this week; hope you enjoy the updates! Again, please take a look at the new roleplay game, Nidavellir. I'd be happy to have you along for the ride.  :)

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#15 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Likin' the new updates!

The revisions are nice, and the format is much easier on the eyes. Great work! Looking forward to more updates!

emily-blunt.gif

#16 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thanks, Muffy. :D As for the names, they all come from the same place, which is one of the Norse words for wolf: vargr. In Norse mythology, giant wolves - particularly Fenrir, Skoll, and Hati - were often referred to by that name (more so than another word for wolf, "ulfr"). Tolkien used the Old English version of the word, which was "warg." :P

HNNNNNNNNGHYlviaHNNNNNNGH

I'm back, bishes, and I am onto you.

#17 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Update:

Speak No Evil, a short story.

-Scorp

#18 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Update:

Speak No Evil, a short story.

AMAROK APPROVES

Not that that means much... But yes, I loved it!

emily-blunt.gif

#19 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Splendidly written! Your short stories are a pleasant treat between comic updates, and I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about this "Whisper" character.  I remember you mentioning her frequently in your drawings' captions, but I've heard few specifics about her backstory.

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#20 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

dwarves02.jpg

-Scorp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users