The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7665 replies to this topic

#7661 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

It sounds like they're basically restarting Metroid Prime 4 from scratch with Retro this time, so... boy, that's going to take a while. I guess we don't have to worry about getting hyped to see it at every Nintendo Direct, because we definitely aren't going to see it any time soon. To be honest I wonder if it might end up missing the entire Switch generation; if it takes 3-4 years to make it's definitely possible. Samus might be staring down the barrel of a two-generation-long absence from Nintendo home consoles.

And I have to wonder what happens to the game Retro Studios has been making until now. The rumours said it was that Star Fox/F-Zero racer, but even those rumours were over a year ago and we never saw anything to even hint at them being real at any of Nintendo's shows. Hopefully whatever they have been working on hasn't been cancelled in favour of Prime 4. They haven't released a new game since Dankey Kang Trapical Freeze in 2013.

This is from the senior editor at Game Informer:

Qfd792m.jpg

I actually sold my Switch late last year, because it was already caked in dust and there was nothing I really wanted to play on it until Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and hopefully a Persona 5 port. I'll hop back onto the Switch train once the new, upgraded model comes out (whenever that ends up being).

#7662 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Rumours are heating up about this new Switch model thought to be releasing this year. We now have a report from Nikkei saying:

Nintendo will release a smaller version of Switch in 2019 that costs less, but removes features to emphasize portability

And an artist's mockup of what we might be looking at:

4d3cdf21.jpg

I hope it looks a little sleeker than that, but that's honestly my ideal idea of the Switch: a Vita-sized handheld with non-detachable controls, that can still attach to a dock and connect to a TV. I probably detached the JoyCons to play a game less than five times; I'd much prefer fixed controls in handheld mode and a Pro Controller on the TV.

#7663 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

I hope you've got your funderwear on, because it's Nintendo Direct time tomorrow:

I want to see that Wonderful 101 port and Bayonetta 3, please. Maybe the heavily-rumoured Metroid Prime Trilogy. Thank you in advance, Reggie.

#7664 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

No Bayonetta, but they did drop this Platinum bomb on us.

#7665 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

Those human faces in Astral Chain look absolutely awful, but everything else looks fantastic and I need it now. The demon familiar thing on the chain reminds me of the Wonder Liner in The Wonderful 101, the way you're able to wrap your chain around things in combat. I can't wait to get a feel for how it plays.

In other Nintendo Direct news, they're making a full remake of Link's Awakening for the Switch, so here's our next 2D Zelda:

Here's your Fire Emblem update:

Oninaki is a new RPG from the director of Chrono Trigger and Parasite Eve:

And in other stuff that I don't want to embed a bunch of trailers for (see Nintendo's Youtube channel):

- Super Mario Maker 2 is coming to Switch

- Joker's going to come to Smash before April

- Final Fantasy IX is out today

- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is coming to Switch

- There's a demo of Daemon x Machina coming later today

- Bayonetta 3 is still in development, but no trailer *sigh*

#7666 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Alright you guys, I have what might end up being the best rumour I ever post. I'm going to let the video thumbnail do the talking:

I'm going to die for real if this turns out to be true, and I know I say that a lot but this time it's true. Scalebound? Hideki Kamiya's white whale? Coming BACK? I can't take it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users