NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

A Dying Breed OOC - Rules, Character List, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Can't wait for you guys to start your investigations, then. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Quick heads-up, I leave on Monday for my summer job at a Boy Scouts summer camp. I will have service, albeit spotty. Unfortunately, I will be on mobile the whole time. Shouldnt be too much of an issue.

#23 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

In case anybody is interested, here's the three quests and who's chosen to do what so far:

• Pellio of Krisa & Allan of Whitehorn

Lyneth Brys

Athens Astoria

• Loke of Pluton & Silvius of Appledale

Sivan and Asti

Kate Meloria

• Indigo of Deltalund & Darin of Caltha

Holli Emberleaf

Auric Khasim

Agethar Twin-axe

Caiden Voros

Krystina Ravenswift (?)

• Undecided

Araven Karial

Cyrus Malcolm

I put Cyrus in Undecided, since I originally wanted to see if he could seduce Lyneth, but I'd rather investigate the mystery of why Cappy's Inquisitor is here.

Also:

You got something to hide under that pretty helmet of yours?”

Yes, but you can't see it yet because I want to build suspense so that everyone is shocked by it. :P

#24 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

Thou art on yon naughty list, I hast checked twice.

• 1,456 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Ooh, thanks for that!  I was already tabulating similar results in the DM worksheet, but this saves me some typing while I update according to more recent posts.

Yes, but you can't see it yet because I want to build suspense so that everyone is shocked by it. :P

I figured as much, but even Kate's socially inept self knows that it's generally rude to wear your helmet/hide your face in conversations.  Suspicious, even.  So she just has to point it out.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#25 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

True, but there are other things to be suspicious about Cyrus besides his helmet. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You'll find out later in the Campaign, if he ever monologues about his dark past.

#26 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

Quick heads-up, I leave on Monday for my summer job at a Boy Scouts summer camp. I will have service, albeit spotty. Unfortunately, I will be on mobile the whole time. Shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Noted. Thanks for letting us know. :)

I'm technically back home now with internet, etc., but I really don't feel up to doing much today, so any major DM posts will still be put off until the weekend, at least. :P I will toss up a smaller reply today, though, and reply to my PMs.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#27 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

• 1,456 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

El Taco, since you had both your characters going after Silvius and Loke, I'm going ahead and inviting you to join Seph, Dalton, and me in the study.  Might as well let you in on the interaction, assuming that's the path you still want to take.  I'll have Kate yell in Sivan and Asti's direction, at least, and you can do as you wish from there.

#28 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

I'll try to get up a post tomorrow.

A ton of things are happening over the weekend (enough so that there will be no art update) that were brought up at the last minute, so I'll be pretty busy.

Edited by Dalton Westmoore, 25 May 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#29 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow. I should be able to keep up, but my posting might get a bit scarcer.

Just FYI.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#30 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

El Taco, since you had both your characters going after Silvius and Loke, I'm going ahead and inviting you to join Seph, Dalton, and me in the study.  Might as well let you in on the interaction, assuming that's the path you still want to take.  I'll have Kate yell in Sivan and Asti's direction, at least, and you can do as you wish from there.

Just got internet access for the first time in a week, I'll try to have a post up tomorrow!

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

The next round of major DM posts will come up in the next few days, by this weekend at the latest.

Note that it's no rush to reply, especially since a lot of people are away. I don't want keeping up with this RP to become anyone's day job, since it's meant for fun.

Just giving you a heads-up that we'll be moving forward soon. Everyone still has a few days for some more interactions as they please.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

Referencing older Campaigns for the win!

...though Cyrus knowing all this stuff might be seen as suspicious...   :shock:

#33 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

"... Marcus sure seems to miss his boyfriend.”

The Inquisitor ducked by instinct and snapped her head around.  “Oh, right!  His actual girlfriend’s not here to throw stuff at me for saying that.  That’s a relief.”

I approve of this.

That is all.

:lol:

P.S.: She might not be there, but she knows. And she will have her revenge.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#34 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

• 1,456 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Referencing older Campaigns for the win!

...though Cyrus knowing all this stuff might be seen as suspicious...   :shock:

Yeah...how does Cyrus know all that, Dalton?  He wasn't there.

sml_gallery_15330_272_26038.jpg

I approve of this.

That is all.

:lol:

P.S.: She might not be there, but she knows. And she will have her revenge.

Thank you, I'm glad you did!  Now I want to write a drabble of Marcus introducing Neitha to his oldest friend.....Oh, the hubris that would ensue!

Kate cares not.  She really, really should, but doesn't anyway.  XD

I was telling Maverick on Discord that Marcus' most common question for Kate has always been "WHY ARE WE FRIENDS?"  She seems to have a new answer every time, too.  I'm having so much fun putting her sociopathy into writing.

#35 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

Yeah...how does Cyrus know all that, Dalton?  He wasn't there.

In Universe Answer:

I assume that after each hunt, the Venators give a report to the Venatori about what happened. Since most of the Venatori are illiterate, it's probably given orally. Of course, this is me assuming stuff without Wolfy confirming it. 

Plus, Cyrus is the only one of my characters who know this. Agethar was away at the time, so he not only didn't participate in Chasing Shadows, but he knows little to nothing about what happened on it. He probably didn't even know that Daisy, Jed and Forge were involved at all, let alone more details. 

I assume that it doesn't work the same way in the Inquisition, and also that Kate doesn't know this stuff because she doesn't know/care.

Out of Universe Answer: 

I remembered it and you didn't. :P

Joking aside, while I was writing my last post, it randomly occurred to me that Daisy, Jed and Forge were all character who we could interrogate about Caiden, so I included them.

EDIT: Also, here's the Player list again:

• Pellio of Krisa & Allan of Whitehorn

Lyneth Brys

Athens Astoria

• Loke of Pluton & Silvius of Appledale

Sivan and Asti

Kate Meloria

Cyrus Malcolm

Crestwell (?)

• Indigo of Deltalund & Darin of Caltha

Holli Emberleaf

Auric Khasim

Agethar Twin-axe

Caiden Voros

Krystina Ravenswift (?)

• Undecided

Araven Karial

Brennus

Yggmindl Stonecracker

Daisy

Jed and Forge

Edited by Dalton Westmoore, 30 May 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#36 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

Sounds fine to me, Dalton. :shrug:

Also, as an aside, I don't really have a hankering to write Daisy as a character, so she's only going with the groups if someone asks. Same for Jed and Forge, and Keva (although they'd be much more fun to write). :P

There are also, like I mentioned, a lot more Venatori in the room and the castle as a whole, so if anyone's looking for some particular sort of companion based on skills or region or something, just ask. Especially those groups with so few players in them.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#37 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Double-posting to say:

I'm going to get those DM posts up really soon, and I'm going to coordinate them with my next update for Castle Greywatch that'll move Kate and Crestwell's investigation of Caiden's room forward.

So everybody please start wrapping up your interactions, if you haven't already, and either here or IC give me some kind of final indications of where your character(s) are going.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#38 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

If I wasn't clear on it, Krystia is going to follow Caiden, while Crestwell will most likely go with Kate (because they seem to be hitting it off and I find that hilarious), although I don't know if it would be better for him to stay in the castle).
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#39 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

• 1,456 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

I'm enjoying the interaction as well, so feel free to have Crestwell tag along!  Kate needs someone smarter around to temper her aggression, plus I'd rather not have her completely alone on her search.  El Taco is going to have a lot of catching up to do, at this rate.

(hint hint, wink wink)

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

DM post coming up - and the Dragon's Lair group will now move out.

The Fort Slaughter and Kyjovia groups will move out soon, once everyone is done with their interactions and indicates they're ready to go.

Note that these separate zones are not the highlight of the RP. They will not last very long. I'm planning 4-6 major DM posts per zone depending on player actions. The zones shouldn't last more than a few weeks at the most.

Then players regroup at the castle, as the castle is the center of this campaign.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users