NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Jagged Edge Free-Roam OOC

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Jagged Edge Free-Roam Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What kind of creature(s) would you like to encounter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Any particular Chaos races, or no preference?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Where would you like to explore, generally speaking?

Do you actually enjoy combat? Be honest. I prefer non-combat encounters, but I want to know who wants to have a fair amount of combat ones, too.

Any preference in NPC companions?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

Umm, Ghostly, did you read the DM post?

Vargi is dead, and a goblin is shoot at you.

#42 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

The irony of you pointing that out is hopefully not lost on anyone else.

But yeah, Vragi isn't the one Hallvard is facing off with, it's an unnamed jotunn who's face isn't on fire. Yet.

And Katja's over there, now, helping Hallvard out.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#43 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Thanks, my post was kinda throw together last night, before being posted this morning.

I'll get to editing. I did mention how I was shot at by a goblin, though.

21.jpg

#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

Kind of a quick and dirty DM post to end all the hectic combat and enable people to interact with one another without waiting around for me to post.

I was originally going to make this post longer, but I figured I should allow a little break here for more interactions. But I like the post I had planned better, so if another DM post suddenly appears and cuts off your interactions here, don't worry; you'll be able to continue them in a location that's... well, more fit for character interactions. :P

The main thing I wanted to leave open is whatever the heck we're going to do with Burgs's big ol' giants and how everyone reacts to them and how they react to everyone. :P

Also, Dalton, I really don't know if I want your magic to be able to crush/break objects... that seems weird, except for maybe a ridiculously powerful and well-studied mage or lich or something, and even then I'm not sure. I think of telekinetic magic as more just moving objects around, not exerting a crushing force upon them in some way. I'll have to give it more thought, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the kind of thing mages are meant to be able to do.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#45 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

Feeling awfully spry after his attack, and possibly betraying something about himself in the process, Agethar rolled to one side and swung his axes at the orc's legs.

Snrk.

Hahahahaha...!  :lol:

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#46 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:00 PM

im sorry im so terrible i just couldnt resist

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#47 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly, upon seeing Agethar's quick recovery.  Good eye there, Sareth!  and way to beat me to the punch

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#48 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

and way to beat me to the punch

You mean the... kick, right?

Right? :V

#49 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Also, Dalton, I really don't know if I want your magic to be able to crush/break objects... that seems weird, except for maybe a ridiculously powerful and well-studied mage or lich or something, and even then I'm not sure. I think of telekinetic magic as more just moving objects around, not exerting a crushing force upon them in some way. I'll have to give it more thought, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the kind of thing mages are meant to be able to do.

Fine.

I just assumed that the Mage Assassin with Arcane Knowledge that fights by using six flying swords would be able to break a spear in half. 

I guess that's just me.

Snrk.

Hahahahaha...!  :lol:

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly, upon seeing Agethar's quick recovery.  Good eye there, Sareth!  and way to beat me to the punch

You mean the... kick, right?

Right? :V

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, I just assumed in a fantasy world full of giants, unbreakable metal, and face-melting lava mages, that it was possible for men to survive kicks to the groin. :P

im sorry im so terrible i just couldnt resist

Just like how I can't resist Agethar ruining this tense situation.

#50 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Fine.

I just assumed that the Mage Assassin with Arcane Knowledge that fights by using six flying swords would be able to break a spear in half. 

I guess that's just me.

Uh-huh, you don't need to be so sassy about it. :rolleyes:

Like I said, I'll think about it. I just don't really want something like Force powers to suddenly start appearing in Wulfgard. Telekinesis is one thing, but actually exerting so much force over a physical object is another. But since it was a physical object and not a living thing, it might still be passable.

Mages' power primarily involves summoning things (an element and/or pure arcane magic) from other realms of existence; the ability to use Arcane magic to manipulate objects that exist in this realm is, in itself, extremely rare and powerful. Just making the swords fly around is enough to impress even a very learned mage. Crushing an object is taking that to the next level.

I might allow it in certain situations, since this is Errant rather than Wulfgard proper, but I'll still have to give it some thought.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#51 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

I'm sorry, I just assumed in a fantasy world full of giants, unbreakable metal, and face-melting lava mages, that it was possible for men to survive kicks to the groin. :P

Survive?  Sure, none of us claimed it would be lethal.  But to just laugh it off and not even wheeze or stagger a bit, when the DM specifically said your character is in great pain, is either making him blissfully ignorant or unrealistically stoic.  Seriously, that stuff HURTS on a debilitating level.  (Don't ask how I know. >.> )

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

I'm still debating if I should've bothered with this transition, and I'm still conflicted on it. >.>

So if a DM post suddenly appears at some point and moves us to a nicer zone (relatively speaking), don't be surprised. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#53 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

Uh-huh, you don't need to be so sassy about it. :rolleyes:

Like I said, I'll think about it. I just don't really want something like Force powers to suddenly start appearing in Wulfgard. Telekinesis is one thing, but actually exerting so much force over a physical object is another. But since it was a physical object and not a living thing, it might still be passable.

Mages' power primarily involves summoning things (an element and/or pure arcane magic) from other realms of existence; the ability to use Arcane magic to manipulate objects that exist in this realm is, in itself, extremely rare and powerful. Just making the swords fly around is enough to impress even a very learned mage. Crushing an object is taking that to the next level.

I might allow it in certain situations, since this is Errant rather than Wulfgard proper, but I'll still have to give it some thought.

Sorry, but being made fun of brings out the sarcasm in me. :P

But, as we explore the untapped potential that is telekinesis in Wulfgard, I'm sure that we will find out what Bale can or can't do.

Survive?  Sure, none of us claimed it would be lethal.  But to just laugh it off and not even wheeze or stagger a bit, when the DM specifically said your character is in great pain, is either making him blissfully ignorant or unrealistically stoic.  Seriously, that stuff HURTS on a debilitating level.  (Don't ask how I know. >.> )

I've gotten hit in the groin before.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt as much when compared to death from some sort of metal weapon.

And, as you've played in campaigns with Agethar in the past, I'm sure that you know which of those two options he is. ;)

#54 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Went ahead and tossed up another post and an area transition. Be sure to check them both out.

Now everyone has plenty of time to interact in safety, and I don't have to make DM posts for a little while, at least. :P

Feel free to talk to anyone present, be they player or Caiden or some other prisoner, and I'm sure Burgs wouldn't mind someone giving his giant(s) some company. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#55 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

I'm just going to reply as Caiden for now, Cappy, since I don't want to potentially disrupt any interactions between you and Sareth. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#56 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

Whoopsie!  I think it's safe to wait for a few days, then activity uncharacteristically skyrockets over the weekend!  Apologies, I'll get right on it.

#57 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

At first, it would look like it's the return of the 'Dalton's magic-user gets roughed-up by one of Burg's strong, independent women' trope.

But's its actually the 'Dalton's character does something stupid and gets destroyed by a better character' trope.

I need to go negotiate with Burgs before I post, because I really do not want Bale to be the first casualty in the Jagged Edge. :D

#58 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

Whoopsie!  I think it's safe to wait for a few days, then activity uncharacteristically skyrockets over the weekend!  Apologies, I'll get right on it.

Too late, Cappy. I'm pretty sure Geirr has already bled to death waiting on you*. You monster.   :P

*At least, he would have, if time didn't conveniently stop when no one's posting.  :lol: 

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#59 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Psh, when has anyone died from being eaten, Dalton? :P

#60 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Psh, when has anyone died from being eaten, Dalton? :P

Well, the only person who has been eaten that isn't a Pixie is Faridah, waaay back in the Abandoned Mansion Campaign.

And Wolfy said that the only reason why she survived that was because she had really high luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users