NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#41 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Random question, just because I'm curious... :P

Who here has genuinely been seasick before? I've been on a boat a handful of times now with no trouble, but the last boat I tried to go on was this dinky thing with a bad motor on it and we went out in choppy waters, and somehow it just didn't sit right with me. I got seasick as heck. It's one of the worst feelings in the entire world, seriously.

*raises hand*

Weirdly though, I tend to do better on the smaller, faster, bumpier boats than I do on the big slow ones. Every time I go diving with my family, we ride fairly small (not like motorboat small, but not anything you'd call 'big' either) boats out to the dive sites, and I'm aways fine, even though it can get a bit bouncy at times. Although, that could just be because doing that you're never on the boat for more than a hour at a time, max.

However, the few times I've ridden bigger boats (an overnight ferry to Nova Scotia, a mid-sized boat in the Galapagos) I've invariably gotten seasick. I think it's because of the long, slow, rolling motion of such boats, which is too subtle to really see, but you can feel it in your inner ear; so your eyes are saying you're standing still, while your ears are saying you're moving... with predictable results. :sick:

Nowadays, I just take a bonine whenever I'm going to be on a large boat (or a smaller one for any real length of time).

#BetterLivingThroughModernChemistry  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#42 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Well I've personally never been seasick but I've had the unpleasant experience of being actually sick while on a ferry, only made worse by the rolling motion of the sea. I do not recommend it. :sick:

Also, I couldn't resist:

67e.jpg

Edited by Balder, 08 July 2016 - 02:49 PM.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#43 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

I've only gotten motion sickness once, and that was my fist jump from a C17. Though, now that I think about it, it was probably more nerves than anything else.

gdV21HZ.gif

#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

Hey, uh, Dalton? Your post got cut off, bro. Katrina just kind of stops. Could you finish it up for me? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#45 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:16 AM

Yup, just edited it.

#46 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

Bleh... Sorry to do this, I really did want to get in on this, but between work and the slow start I just can't seem to get invested enough to write anything for Javed and Dom. Maybe I just don't have the patience for RP via forum. Probably best to just say they were never there or just parted ways before reaching Templaria.  Curse swing-shift and my fickle muse.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:43 AM

Afraid I'm going to have to announce another delay in DM posts. I'm extremely sick and I've only gotten worse today, so I don't know when I'll get to reply to this next, as a DM or just to react to other people's posts. Sorry, guys.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#48 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

I'm sad to hear that, Ter Loki, but understand your reasons.  I was looking forward to playing with your characters ever since you posted songs from RWBY for them in the enrichment thread, but apparently real life has disappointments aplenty. 

No rush, Wolfy.  You take all the time you need to get better.

Lol, Balder.  I like how you're embracing the fact that your character is insulting someone during their apology for insulting the very same person moments ago.  I'd call it tongue-in-cheek, but this seems like more of a foot-in-mouth situation.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#49 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:43 AM

Afraid I'm going to have to announce another delay in DM posts. I'm extremely sick and I've only gotten worse today, so I don't know when I'll get to reply to this next, as a DM or just to react to other people's posts. Sorry, guys.

It's okay Wolfy. Getting late DM Posts in Errant because you're busy is nothing new. ;)

#50 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

Lol, Balder.  I like how you're embracing the fact that your character is insulting someone during their apology for insulting the very same person moments ago.  I'd call it tongue-in-cheek, but this seems like more of a foot-in-mouth situation.

Heh, thanks. Though I've noticed that its always Dalton's characters that my guys are immediate assholes to, this is the third time it happened I think. Sorry about that  :P .

#51 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Actually, it's not just Dalton.  You had El Aurens put a knife to Ghostly's dwelf character's throat, if memory serves.   

#52 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

I did do that too, yes. I do tend to shake things up and generally drive for some player conflict and I do very much enjoy it.

Edited by Balder, 12 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#53 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

Conflict can be very good for an RP, as long as it's sensible and proportionate (and within forum rules, of course).  Glad you're learning, growing, and, above all, enjoying yourself in the RP.  We'll see how Dalton chooses to react to your post.  Have fun!

#54 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

Tossed up a quick reply before bed. I'll reply again pretty soon and start moving things forward a little bit.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#55 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

New DM post coming sometime soonish. It won't advance things hugely just yet, but it will introduce a new situation and a latecomer to the RP: DragonJedi, whose character you can find here. He's also been added to the player list.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

Working on a response. Should be up tonight at some ungodly hour or else sometime tomorrow. It's not going to advance things just yet, as I'm enjoying the conversations too much right at this moment. :P

By the way, Dalton: Caiden isn't there anymore. You're just talking to Jane.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

By the way, Dalton: Caiden isn't there anymore. You're just talking to Jane.

Dangit. :P

By the way, I saw Civil War yesterday.

Vision and Scarlet Witch remind me of Capulet and Neitha for some reason. :D

#58 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

Vision and Scarlet Witch remind me of Capulet and Neitha for some reason. :D

Crikey. I hope their relationship isn't as rocky. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#59 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

Crikey. I hope their relationship isn't as rocky. :lol:

I hope so. Both couples are really cute. :3

#60 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

That moment when you've written up a post and your internet screws up and is all gone and nothing is auto saved. UUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users