NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:27 AM

This is the OOC topic for Chasing Shadows. This thread contains the rules of the RP, a quick reference sheet for all the characters (including each character's current status), and conversations about what's going on. Keep an eye on the OP, since I'll be updating it as the RP progresses.

RULES

Chasing Shadows will run on the usual Errant rules, but here are a few refreshers.

Please note that you do not have an abilities list (like in Scorp's Castle Blood campaign), but that doesn't mean there are no rules about what you can and cannot do...

I've tried to leave things more open, but when it comes to combat, general Errant rules apply. In combat, take only one action at a time. Always assume an enemy (or enemies) aren't cannon fodder unless I state otherwise. If you're allowed to instantly kill something in your post, I'll say so in the DM post.

This RP will have boss fights. These boss fights have the same rules as any other fight, but your chances of being killed or critically injured are much higher, so be sure to think about your actions wisely.

That said, please always do something in your posts - even if you are just technically chickening out IC or something. This is meant to be a character-driven experience, so I encourage you to interact with other players and also with NPCs (as NPCs, especially your NPC companions, are very important in this campaign). I'm going to be trying to give everyone time to interact with each other, since interacting with other characters is - in my opinion - the most fun part of a RP.

Your posts should always have at least one action or some dialogue so that you're doing something instead of just standing around thinking to yourself. No one can react to that, so it's really very pointless for a RP. I'm also not taking eating, drinking, and sleeping into careful account, here, so don't focus too much on trying to end your posts doing something like that. If you sleep when everyone else is interacting, you aren't giving yourself a rested bonus, you're just missing out on the fun.  :P

If you have some form of magic or you are a unique race with special abilities, please consult me if you're confused as to what you can and cannot do. It's always better to ask than to assume and just make a post if it's something crazy. But hey - if you have magic, you probably can do something crazy! So just ask. :P Otherwise, use the wiki as needed to help.

If you receive a PM about this campaign, chances are it'll be in-character (I'll state otherwise if it isn't). I'll be PMing people information that only they are privy to, and it's their choice whether or not to share it with their fellow players. I may also have some interactions via PMs, so that players are not privy to those private interactions, either (if this happens, I'll specify this too, and if the conversation gets interrupted in-game the PM chain gets interrupted, too). Since this RP involves a lot of secrets, I feel that making people have to figure things out and truly not know everything that's going on is appropriate. For these private convos, I'll mostly only do it for important things, so it's not always going to happen. If you want to keep something in-character secretive and drag one of my NPCs off to some private place, feel free to do so and then you can begin the PM chain. However, in-character PMing between players isn't permitted unless I'm also in the PM conversation (as DM, I have to know everything to give everyone the best experience :P ).

Again, this shouldn't be used often, as all players should be included when at all possible. This is mostly for very important things that could come up later in the campaign. This is also kind of an experiment, so feel free to discuss it in the OOC topic if you have some comments/suggestions about it.

There will be no group penalties for people not posting, but your individual character may be punished if you suddenly stop posting without warning. If you get behind and want to catch up, just PM me and I can get you up to speed so you can get back in the game.

Sanity, as you may have noticed, is listed on your character sheets, like for the Castle Blood campaign. I won't be using this to punish people for not posting, but it may be used in other ways as it relates to the story of the RP.

QUICK REFERENCE CHARACTER SHEETS

Color guide:

If the player and character name is only in bold and in black, that means the character is alive and actively participating.

If the player and character name is bold and in orange with a slash, the characters are presumed dead due to inactivity.

If the player and character name is bold and in red with a slash, the characters are dead.

Neitha Ardet (Sareth) - Female Kemhetian/Parsansharian - Fire, The Old Kingdom Gods - Independent - Finesse Combat, Acrobatics, Thievery, Charisma

STR 4, AGI 10, CON 4, PER 7, INT 8, SPR 6, LCK 3
HEALTH: 20/20
SANITY: 30/30
INV:

Spoiler

Sarael Raia (Sareth) - Female Achaean - Air, Astra Aeterna - Knights Templar - Martial Combat, Charisma, Divine Devotion

STR 8, AGI 6, CON 7, PER 6, INT 6, SPR 7, LCK 2
HEALTH: 35/35
SANITY: 35/35
INV:

Spoiler

Percula Saffron (Burger Warrior) - Female Pixie - Frost, Nature Spirits - Independent - Arcane Gift, Acrobatics, Herbalism, Charisma

STR 1, AGI 16, CON 1, PER 4, INT 8, SPR 14, LCK 5
HEALTH: 5/5
SANITY: 70/70
INV:

Spoiler

Rosette Saffron (Burger Warrior) - Female Pixie - Clay, Nature Spirits - Independent - Spiritual Connection, Acrobatics, Arcane Lore, Diplomacy

STR 1, AGI 13, CON 2, PER 6, INT 10, SPR 12, LCK 5
HEALTH: 10/10
SANITY: 60/60
INV:

Spoiler

Sef Yung Tzani (Klaykid) - Female Nordling - Earth, Astra Aeterna - Knights Templar - Intimidation, Education (Demonic), Noble Combat

STR 8, AGI 3, CON 7, PER 8, INT 6, SPR 7, LCK 3
INV:

Spoiler

Charon Velos "The Weeping Mage" (Dalton Westmoore) - Male Achaean - Air, Ozystia - Umbra Coven - Demonic Pact, Education (Old Achaean and High Imperial), Marksmanship, and Survival

STR 5, AGI 6, CON 4, PER 7, INT 8, SPR 10, LCK 2
SANITY: 50/50
INV:

Spoiler

Katrina Windborne (Dalton Westmoore) - Female Achaean - Air, Apollo - Independent - Martial and Finesse Combat, Marksmanship, and Survival

STR 8, AGI 8, CON 5, PER 8, INT 8, SPR 3, LCK 2
SANITY: 15/15
INV:

Spoiler

Lord Otto of Eisenherz (Halicon) - Male Achaean - Earth, Olympians - Imperial Lord - Noble and Martial Combat, Education (Beastfolk)

STR 10, AGI 4, CON 7, PER 4, INT 5, SPR 7, LCK 5
INV:

Spoiler

Javed Shahzad (Ter Loki) - Male Southron - Earth, Astra Aeterna - Independent - Subtlety, Acrobatics, Finesse Combat

STR 5, AGI 8, CON 5, PER 8, INT 6, SPR 6, LCK 4
HEALTH: 25/25
INV:

Spoiler

Dominica Abbadelli (Ter Loki) - Female Achaean - Shadow, Hades - Independent - Education (Old Achaean and High Imperial), Herbalism, Divine Devotion, Arcane Lore

STR 4, AGI 6, CON 4, PER 6, INT 9, SPR 9, LCK 4
SANITY: 45/45
INV:

Spoiler

Marcus Capulet (Lord_Capulet) - Male Achaean/Parsansharian - Earth, Athena - Inquisition - Arcane Lore, Diplomacy, Martial Combat, and Education (Southron)

STR 6, AGI 5, CON 6, PER 6, INT 8, SPR 6, LCK 5
HEALTH: 30/30

INV:

Spoiler

Mathias Quill (Darkwoods) - Male Achaean - Earth, Master of Mischief - Independent - Acrobatics, Subtlety, Thievery, Demonic Pact

STR 5, AGI 7, CON 5, PER 6, INT 8, SPR 5, LCK 6
SANITY: 25/25
INV:

Spoiler

Rutger Magnusson (Balder) - Male Nordling/Achaean - Water, Astra Aeterna - Knights Templar - Education (Old Achaean and High Imperial), Education (Dwarven), Education (Demonic), Arcane Lore

STR 1, AGI 1, CON 3, PER 10, INT 10, SPR 10, LCK 7
HEALTH: 15/15
SANITY: 50/50
INV:

Spoiler

Captain Adriana Dewitt (Harry Monster) - Female Achaean Demon-kin of Lust - Water, Poseidon - The Empire - Marksmanship, Survival, Acrobatics

STR 4, AGI 7, CON 6, PER 8, INT 6, SPR 6, LCK 5
INV:

Spoiler

Errol Stengard (DragonJedi) - Male Achaean - Magma, Poseidon - None - Diplomacy, Finesse Combat, Subtlety, Thievery

STR 6, AGI 8, CON 5, PER 6, INT 8, SPR 3, LCK 7
SANITY: 15/15
INV:

Spoiler

NPC COMPANIONS

Reference sheets for the NPC companions are hidden to provide less specificity about certain aspects (namely exactly where their HP and Sanity levels stand) - if I change my mind about that later, I may add them here for public viewing. Otherwise, all NPC companions for this campaign can be found in this topic. This includes physical descriptions (and images, if available).

Note that, for the prologue, there are a lot more NPCs around than there will be in the actual campaign, so I'll be editing this list in the future. Only two will accompany the players (other than Caiden, who is always going to be there). Depending on what people do during the prologue, different companions may decide to accompany the group.

Current NPC Companions:

Caiden Voros

Kye Vakurseth

Stevan Rolf

Plexaura Voros

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Klaykid... I see what you did there.

Good one, dude. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#3 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

Hey, uh, Klaykid? The pixie isn't exactly... ah, visible.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#4 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

Klaykid noooo don't break it up yet, let all the craziness play out a bit first, please? XD 

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#5 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:23 AM

Oh snap, didn't know the pixie was invisible. Aight, I'll amend my post for y'all. Shenanigans and whatnot, yo.

gdV21HZ.gif

#6 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

No the pixie's not invisible either. Burgs just doesn't want to admit he's immediately sent his pixie into Kye's stomach. :P Thanks for editing though!

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#7 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:14 AM

Strictly speaking that was Wolfy and she isn't visible. :P

But aye, thanks for the edit. We like our shenanigans. :P

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

Hey, it's not my fault she fell into the drink of a depressed demon-kin who miserably failed a Perception check. :P

I might not be around a whole lot today, unfortunately, certain factors depending - but I'll reply again once Sareth also replies and I get the chance. I don't want to leave Sareth in the dust, since this is a bit of a delicate situation. After Sareth replies, though, I'd like for you other guys involved with Kye's altercation (Burgs, Harry, Klay) to hold off posting for a bit until I reply again, in case the situation, well... changes. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Could I be a pain and ask someone to talk to Mathias? I'm having a hard time getting started and I could use a jumping-off point :)

giphy.gif

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

Dalton did as Charon in his first post. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

giphy.gif

Completely missed that, thanks for pointing it out! I'll try get a post in this evening then :)

giphy.gif

#12 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

If any of the formatting on this post is funky, sorry about that. :P I did all of it on my phone.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#13 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

"Really though, pledgin' yourself to a demon ain't a thing you even can do without bein' willing to do it. It's part o' their kooky contracts with how all that rubbish even works, or so I hear. So 'e's got some kinda problems..."

Every time the Weeping Mage talks about how he was tricked into doing this, somebody says something like this.

If something like this can get carried over from Arrowfall, hopefully this means we'll all have another team bonding moment where we spill our darkest secrets.

#14 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Hello! Sorry for the lack of posting, been busy with family things and also that little referendum that has sent my country spiralling back to the Dark Ages :P 

I'll try get a post in tonight anyhow, if society doesn't collapse before then. 

giphy.gif

#15 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

POPULAR

More often than not, Sef had to carry the blade upon a harness which she could sling over her back, and when she was standing idle, she held onto the blade by the handle letting the tip dig in the ground. And with each step she took, the blade hit the ground sounding off with a sharp clang. So when she walked into the kitchen towards the rest of the group, her sword struck the ground with an intimidating metallic chime in a repeating pattern.

Um, I hate to break it to you Klaykid, but, deepsilver or not, I'm pretty sure that if she does that on a regular basis then by the time she actually gets around to trying to stab something with her sword it's going to be about as sharp as a sledgehammer.  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#16 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

Every time the Weeping Mage talks about how he was tricked into doing this, somebody says something like this.

Thaaat's because that's just the way it is. :/ As I've said many times IC and OOC, you can't be an unwilling participant in signing a demonic pact. It has to be a willful act and the person has to know full well they're signing a pact with a demon (even if they don't know the fine print). It's a binding contract - that's just how they work. Someone could sign a pact for good reasons (like saving loved ones, etc.), but it doesn't change the fact that they made a deal with a devil and that isn't a good thing.

Hello! Sorry for the lack of posting, been busy with family things and also that little referendum that has sent my country spiralling back to the Dark Ages :P

I'll try get a post in tonight anyhow, if society doesn't collapse before then. 

It's all good. No rush. :P

So, general bulletin - I have to attend a wedding this weekend, so I might not really do a big update just yet. However, there's an important decision to be made...

I was/am planning to have two companions who accompany us be based on player choices here in the prologue (as I mentioned, not counting Caiden, who will always accompany us no matter what). However, I'd also just like some general idea of who exactly people would really like to see come along, and whose character(s) they'd be most interested in exploring. If anyone wants me to provide better examples of how they might play off assorted player characters in the group, I can, but I just want a feel for what people would like to see. :P

I thought about creating an actual poll, but instead, I think I'll just see if I can't get people to post their thoughts. So, which two characters would you guys like to accompany the group for the rest of the campaign? The choices are: Tom, Kye, Stevan, Ben, and (possibly, though I'm considering leaving her out) Plexaura... and maybe even Jed and Forge, if anyone wants them.

I know a lot of you are going off nothing to make the choice, so like I said, if anyone wants more details, feel free to ask. Not many of the characters have really gotten a chance to show much of themselves just yet, but some of you are familiar with them from other places, be they Errant campaigns or other stories.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#17 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

POPULAR

Stevan!

#TeamStevan
#MakeErrantGreatAgain
#ThisIsHowItWorksRight?

gdV21HZ.gif

#18 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

I'm all for Kye sticking around, in case you couldn't tell :P

Besides that, though, Stevan's pretty chill. ^^

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

I want at least Ben to be here for later.

Other than that, I would love having anyone else from Team Drake staying around, though it's been to long since we've had some new NPCs in Errant...

#20 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

Interesting votes so far; I'm glad I asked! :P Right now it looks like Stevan is almost certainly coming, which might be a good idea, especially given a lot of players chose to be connected to him, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks. Remember - you can vote for two... :P

Other than that, I would love having anyone else from Team Drake staying around, though it's been to long since we've had some new NPCs in Errant...

Well, this campaign is kind of a culmination of a lot of the NPCs we've had over time. But that doesn't mean there won't be new one(s) in here who can potentially join players, now or later. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users