NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

General OOC Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1549 replies to this topic

#1541 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

We can't tell you if we are or aren't if you don't impart the ideas... :P

So you guys are basically up for any of them? Alright then. :lol: I'm glad. Thanks, all.

I wouldn't say no if someone else did the brunt of the DMing, of course. :P Since, like Cappy said, I have also been wanting more time to write my own stuff. Trouble is, that hasn't been working out for a lot of reasons. In any case, I wouldn't start this other RP anytime remotely soon. This is just for future reference. But I could certainly participate in one.

Here's my level of interest in things:

1. Co-DMing a Errant RP with Wolfy

2. Everything else.

I need this guys.

I need to run an RP that doesn't crash an burn.

Please.

#1542 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

I peeked at my old postings for Errant, and all I have to say is sorry.

I am so sorry.

21.jpg

#1543 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

I need this guys.

I need to run an RP that doesn't crash an burn.

Please.

I'm in for whatever you end up running (although I have my own plans for DMing in the future).

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#1544 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

I peeked at my old postings for Errant, and all I have to say is sorry.

I am so sorry.

No need to apologize for anything, Ghostly. I've always enjoyed having you along, even if you're hard on yourself in retrospect.

Remember, a large part of RPing is the learning experience. Gosh knows that, if I could go back and look at the RPing I did live in NWN when I was seven, I'd be embarrassed as hell. But it's helped me become who I am today, with the characters I have and my passion for them and for writing in general, so that's what matters.

...Sorry to get deep all of a sudden. RPing means a lot to me. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#1545 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

You were fully aware Wulfgard has an African race, Dalton. I've told you before, and they've been featured in officially published Wulfgard works (such as Basil in "Potential Energy"), so I'm really not sure where this is coming from. 

I knew that they existed, but I didn't know that they had an official name. Before this, I just assumed that in Wulfgard they were just lumped together with other Southrons. :P

#1546 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

I knew that they existed, but I didn't know that they had an official name. Before this, I just assumed that in Wulfgard they were just lumped together with other Southrons. :P

Well, we aren't totally happy with their current name. They'll probably get a new one of those in the future.

They're definitely a separate culture, though. There are at least four separate major human races in the South (Kemheti, Deshreti, Parsansharians, and the Aethiopi); they aren't lumped together.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#1547 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

Girlfriend is committed to showing me horror movies this summer so I'm considering running a dark horror/action RP in the latter half of the summer/maybe just after A Dying Breed finishes inspired by the kind of mindset I'll be in. Basic premise would be the chaos races descend on a small village or mining camp on their way to a bigger battle or something and basically everyone gets wiped out by the marauders except the players and they have to try to get back to civilization on foot wandering through like, brutal post-battlefield mountainous terrain. It would only take place in one zone, and I would probably take the surviving players on more adventures afterward if there were any, but there would be an understanding going into the campaign that no one's character is safe. Combat would be a big part of it but running would be a big part of combat, and spooky moral choices would probably come into things.

Thoughts? Too dark? Awesome time? Also, message me the scariest movie you've ever seen, we're building a list. 

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#1548 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

I'm down for giving something like that a shot ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#1549 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

You know what would make it more interesting?

NO FACTION CHARACTERS

I'm serious. Having it just be normal people trying to survive would make it stand out from other campaigns.

#1550 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

You know what would make it more interesting?

NO FACTION CHARACTERS

I'm serious. Having it just be normal people trying to survive would make it stand out from other campaigns.

This was more or less the plan. I won't actually ban it and having one or two is something I'd account for to spice things up but yeah, mostly it will be villagers.

Stand-out characters make the best cannon fodder anyway.  :shades:

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users