NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

General OOC Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1549 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

DISCLAIMER: The events in this RPG are to be considered absolutely non-canon to the stories of Wulfgard. In fact, certain quests and events will directly contradict the main storyline and other storylines. This will both avoid any potential spoilers and give players the opportunity to influence the world, and its characters, in ways they never could during a truly canon RPG. Nothing in this RPG should be considered true to the main novels, comics, and other stories of Wulfgard.

This is the general Errant OOC discussion thread. Here, players who are already signed up and participating in the RPG can talk OOC.

You can chat about anything related to the RP. You can even speculate on various events and discuss future courses of action with other players. Or you can just jump in and make occasional jokes. :P This is also the thread you should use when letting me know if/when you'll be unable to participate for an extended period of time. Post whatever suits your fancy, so long as it's related to Errant and (obviously) not breaking any rules.

If you are not signed up for Errant and currently participating, please do not post in this thread. Use the Sign-Up Thread to ask me questions, if you're planning to join. ;)

If any returning players ever need quick links to the old Errant topics for some reason, the OOC can be found here and the RP can be found here.

Also, if you ever want to know the contents of your character's inventory, please ask me here and I'll tell you. I keep track of inventories in my own files simply because having to remember edit a forum topic every time is a little painful.

---

So, welcome to the new Errant, you guys! Hope you like it! It's very simple.

Long story short: each topic is a zone in the RP. When you travel to a different zone, I will transfer you to another topic (new zone topics will be created as necessary). I'll make sure you know when you're traveling to a new zone and I'll let you know that you should be paying attention to the other topic, since that will be the zone your character is currently in. When I link to another topic in one of my posts, that'll let you know that that post was used for an area transition, so there's at least a small part of a DM post related to you in the other topic as well.

Each zone topic has an initial description and a few points of interest to get everyone there acquainted with the region and to give some idea of what it looks like. Each time you go to a new zone, no matter how many pages that zone topic has, you should read the initial description if it if you aren't already familiar with the way things look. This is so I can save myself a lot of time writing big descriptions every time anyone goes somewhere (although you may still have to wait a little while for the area transitions to load when I have to make a new zone topic :P ).

Right now, here's where everyone is, just to get you guys oriented again:

- Cutlass-Crocodile, Amarok, and GhostlyCheese are all accompanying Caiden out of Stonebridge. You're all in the Abandoned Mansion near Stonebridge zone. You're also about to start a new quest.

- Burger WarriorDalton Westmoore, Sareth, Aerion, and Lord_Capulet are still in the Stonebridge zone. However, if you so choose, you may have stealthily followed the former group out of the zone and catch up with them in the Abandoned Mansion near Stonebridge zone. Or you can simply track them there later (if you're good at tracking), or else ignore them and go do your own thing instead. It's really up to you guys. But if you want to join the group that's looking for Tom, just say so and I'll put you guys in the same zone so that you can go into the creepy mansion, too. If you leave immediately, you won't even have to pay the bridge troll!

- Ryoma, Burngirl, and DragonJedi (along with Jax) are all in Illikon. The reason you guys have no DM post there is because Burngirl will be starting her own custom quest soon, so she'll be the one making DM posts for a while and you'll all be going places under her guidance.

- Klaykid and Harry Monster are both in Vyzigord, along with Stevan.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Well, this is... quite the update. Though I think it's fair to say Krilda snuck after the Stonebridge group when they left. I'll just need to get a post up. Eventually. :V

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

Well, this is... quite the update.

It's okay, Burgs, I already know you and a few others heard about this before. No need to pretend.

I'll be replying to each topic again this evening and/or tonight. Glad your quest is going well so far, Burngirl! :D It seems everyone is adapting to the new board pretty well. :P

Those of you in the abandoned mansion: You're all officially on a mystery quest. I highly recommend you take note of the environment around you and things in it. Each room in the mansion generally has at least one important thing in it. I'll post a map of the mansion soonish, possibly sometime tomorrow. Details on the quest will come as you explore.

This mansion quest is actually one I made up around four years ago as a stand-alone RP, but after what happened to my previous mystery RP, I decided not to do it. You guys need to prove to me that you can solve this mystery now. :P

EDIT: Oh, and P.S., I never said the mansion was all that dusty. ;) 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

It's okay, Burgs, I already know you and a few others heard about this before. No need to pretend.

Guilty as charged. Though I didn't know it was going to get this organized, to be fair. All I'd heard was that it was getting it's own sub-forum, for unknown reasons. So I'm still partially surprised :P

Also, do we get to play Clue in the mansion? If so, I'm grabbing the first candle-stick I see! :P

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

Well, this is... quite the update. 

Just wait. In the next update, we can sail ships around, lead armies into battle, and it'll all be cannon! :D

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

Just wait. In the next update, we can sail ships around, lead armies into battle...

No one said we couldn't do this already... :P

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

Also, do we get to play Clue in the mansion? If so, I'm grabbing the first candle-stick I see! :P

Yep, it's Clue, you got me. But it's Clue with a tweest. I just hope it, ya know, works...

Just wait. In the next update, we can sail ships around, lead armies into battle, and it'll all be cannon! :D

No one said we couldn't do this already... :P

Aaaaand Burgs got to it first - again. :P 

But, I will add - there are no cannons in Wulfgard. :P 

no but really nothing in this RP is canon, deal with it, sry

Ball's in your court in the Illikon topic, DragonJedi. I'm having too much fun having Jax get up in your face. For that, I apologize. :lol: 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

*shameless double post*

Oh, and I forgot to mention - mansion players, you should start splitting up (if you're going to) and exploring the mansion now, or at least discuss the idea of forming groups (or not). Caiden will get moving on his own in my next post, but I generally try not to make NPCs the one to push things forward or choose where to go.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Ball's in your court in the Illikon topic, DragonJedi. I'm having too much fun having Jax get up in your face. For that, I apologize. :lol:

I was like sh**'s getting real. Jax is great.

Can't wait to see how Janus handles this, DragonJedi.

All the meanwhile the bartender stares angrily at the knife embedded in his shiny counter. Whoopsy, my bad. Phebe couldn't resist a dramatic entrance.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#10 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

Well, I think I responded in a equally confrontational way, so I'm just as interested to see how you respond :P

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Ah, DragonJedi? Cut back some on combining all that censored and uncensored cursing, there. I mean, we all know what it says. :P

I know I was a bit lenient about it at times before, but it's not all terribly okay in the long run, to be honest. I'd prefer if everybody refrained from using disallowed curse words, whether there are any asterisks involved or not. Certain curse words are still okay, though, when used sparingly, like usual.

I wonder how and if we can get this Illikon group back together again. :lol: I'll be replying to all the latest posts in each topic again later today, if I have the time. If not, then tonight.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Sorry...:P I'll go fix it now.

Edit: It's less sweary now.

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Thanks. Just don't want things going too far.

I should have some replies up fairly soonish, I hope.

By the way, I've stopped formatting my posts so heavily, with the character names in bold. Everyone now knows which zone they're in, so it's less confusing. That way I don't have to word my posts as strangely or put funny stuff in bold anymore, too. So I'm trusting that you guys are reading my posts, however, and will catch anything relevant to your character. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hey BG, Janus is human/Sea Elf, not demonkin. Just wanted to let you know.

Now to try and fix what Janus has done.

Edited by DragonJedi, 04 February 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#15 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hey BG, Janus is human/Sea Elf, not demonkin. Just wanted to let you know.

Now to try and fix what Janus has done.

Darn it. My bad. I think I caught it in my edit, but I don't know if I put it in my post more than once.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#16 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Hey, DragonJedi, you seem to be in a tight spot, here. :P Might I suggest that you sign up as a different character whom Gar'eth, Phebe, and Jax bump into during Burngirl's quest (you could work out the details with us)?

Just a thought, since I don't think Janus is going to be accepted in this little crowd anytime soon. You can still keep Janus, of course, just make him inactive. If it turns out that you don't like your new character, you can just switch back. I can even spawn Janus in a different location, closer to another player group, if you choose to do that.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#17 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

Ok, I've been thinking about asking if I could just re-activate Zaeed Karath, and just have him respawn in Illikon. Do you want me to repost the sign up, or am I good to go?

#18 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Repost it in the sign-up thread, if you would. Then I'll add him to the player list and re-introduce you to the RP (or Burngirl can, if she likes, in her next DM post).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

Ok, I've been thinking about asking if I could just re-activate Zaeed Karath, and just have him respawn in Illikon. Do you want me to repost the sign up, or am I good to go?

Repost it in the sign-up thread, if you would. Then I'll add him to the player list and re-introduce you to the RP (or Burngirl can, if she likes, in her next DM post).

Do you mind if Avarice and Oten make a quick cameo? I just want to establish that they're still alive, just not active right now. :D

Also, that Map of the Mansion that Wolfy made is pretty hard to use. Also, there is bludd all over it. >:D

ijkhda.gif

Something bad happened in this House! Really Bad :D

#20 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Do you mind if Avarice and Oten make a quick cameo? I just want to establish that they're still alive, just not active right now. :D

Yeah, I do mind. Sorry. :P They are still alive, so there's no need to establish it. But until you involve them in a custom player quest (which you can't do right now, as everyone is currently on an active quest already) or decide to play as one of them again instead of Agethar, neither one will be making any appearances.

Also, Ghostly, you might just want to pick where to go and lead Faridah there. I'm planning to put up a DM post fairly soonish, and you and Rokky are still hanging around in the foyer. :P 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users