• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

My apologies for this taking so long (as usual). It was hard to choose the winners! Thanks to Trik Toral and Wolfy for helping judge, and thanks to everyone who entered! And now, the results:

FIRST PLACE
TIED SCORE: 9.834/10
PRIZE: Gold medal on the forum, and one free minifig for both of you guys from the Custom Minifigs section of my shop! PLEASE NOTE that I have a few additional minifigs coming soon, and you can have one of those instead if you like. So PM me and I'll send you a full list to choose from! ;)

"It came from behind" by Amarok
Scorp: Once again, the dynamic duo of Amarok and Cutlass-Croc continue to sweep the awards at SSLF! :lol: Honestly though, what can I say? The main things I looked for as a judge were a solid vignette (as opposed to just minifigs), lots of action, and creativity. And this entry meets all three challenges! A great twist on the "1 vs. 1" idea, using 4 minifigs to represent just 2 combatants! Great job!
Trik Toral: So unique and inventive! A wonderful entry with great details and inventive ideas.

The Test of Supremacy by Tr0jin H0rse
Scorp: Okay, look, I admitted that I was extremely biased toward this entry, and I tried to rate it fairly compared to the others, my chief criticisms being the lack of physical LEGO energy blades (hard to accomplish, I know) and the overall studliness. But I still had to rate it pretty high for being such an accurate representation of the scene from my book, and it turns out the other judges rated it highly as well. So, congrats!
Trik Toral: Simple, elegant and all around nicely done.

SECOND PLACE
TIED SCORE: 9.667/10
PRIZE: Silver medal on the forum, and a discount code for the Saber-Scorpion's Lair Shop (PM me for the code!).

Fighting the Beast and Space Gladiator by Titus
Scorp: I actually rated your entry Duel on Thursta higher than either of these, but the other judges thought differently. Either way, all of these entries had great solid backdrops and lots of action. I especially like the nightmarish atmosphere in "Beast." Three great entries and one well-deserved victory!
Trik Toral (on "Fighting the Beast"): There's really nothing to say here besides, awesome.
Trik Toral (on "Space Gladiator"): Very beautiful architecture and lots of details in a small space. Wonderful.

THIRD PLACE
SCORE: 9.5/10
PRIZE: Bronze medal on the forum, and a discount code for the Saber-Scorpion's Lair Shop (PM me for the code!).

The Assassin Master's Obituary by JoeloftheAlliance
Scorp: Fantastic scenery, a very pro little build. Great minifigs and story too. I can't shake the feeling that the old master looks a bit too happy, but his overconfidence is clear. Great job!
Trik Toral: Excellent, I love the flora and the waterfall is pretty neat, I'm pretty jealous of those mushrooms though.

Drake vs. Flynn and Assassin's Creed III by Golden Crusader
Scorp: Both good entries with very solid vignette backdrops! A little more detail in the vigs would have helped the score, and perhaps some more "oomph!" to the action. Still, great job!
Trik Toral (on "Drake vs. Flynn"): Good lighting, good pictures, good scenery, all around, a great vig.
Trik Toral (on "Assassin's Creed III"): Another excellent vig with a wonderful building and good action poses. I really like the small cart in the corner though, its neat.

SCORP'S ACTION-PACKED CHOICES
Okay, this is a special section where I give kudos to entries I thought had particularly good ACTION!
PRIZE: All of you guys get a discount code as well. Just PM me and ask.
- Wild Wasteland by Recon4Lifez
- A Different Duel? by Tim W.
- Chief vs. Chieftain by dmatter

OTHER SCORES
Here are the average scores for the rest of the entries. The first TWO of these (Tommy Gun and Mark N.) are eligible for a discount code - just PM me and ask!
Spoiler

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Princess Recon

Princess Recon

You bred raptors?

• Nova Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Congrats to all the winners!

#3 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Wow, I'm honored! I'm still a little in shock, too. I wasn't expecting first, especially with the wealth of great entries! Congratulations to all the other winners!

Thanks Scorp, Wolfy, and Trik Toral for judging! Another fun contest, Scorpy!

emily-blunt.gif

#4 Titus

Titus

• 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm pretty happy for a first contest ! Congrat to everybody !

#5 JoeloftheAlliance

JoeloftheAlliance

Commander of the 117th Planetfall division

• Nova Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

WOOT! Cool. Congrats to the fellas who got first place, you guys deserved it.

For the record, let's just assume that I've done an archive crawl for every webcomic I've ever read. Yes, I read fast.

#6 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

when is the next contest? I can't wait to enter
B)

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#7 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Wow, I can't believe I got first place! Congratulations to everybody who entered the contest, thank you to the judges and thank you to Scorp for running this contest.

Well done Amarok and Croc, nice entries.

#8 Golden Crusader

Golden Crusader

Fear our name, for it is vengeance-Fists

• 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Great competition Fellas!
Feel the righteous zeal of the FISTS

#9 Tim W

Tim W

• 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Congrats Amarok, and Tr0jin H0rse on getting 1st place.

Thank you Scorp, Wolfy, and Trik Toral for your generous scores.

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Working on a big update. Gonna make a lot more minifigs available in the shop. As a teaser, here are the ones that our winners chose for their prizes!

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#11 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I received my Emile fig today! :D You did a brilliant job with him, Scorp! Thanks again for hosting the contest!

Amusing that we both chose Halo related figs. :P

Edited by Amarok, 06 December 2012 - 09:23 AM.

emily-blunt.gif

#12 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Wow, they look great Scorp! Now I just have to wait another 2 weeks to get it...

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well, I've fiiiiiiiinally added the forum medals for the winners! Sorry I took so long. I forgot and had to be reminded...

Next contest should be coming soon now!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#14 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

What is it gonna be about?

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#15 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

I know this happened like 2 years ago but I think this is pretty cool and I loved the idea of the portals and how 4 figs were actually 2!

21.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users