Nova Refuge

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,113 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Oooh, big change of government in Mordark :)

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#42 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Can't say I'm too terribly sad to see Jonas go, but I'll miss his weaselly ways. What a fun character! And, oh yea, Mordark's pretty much finished. It'll take some clever diplomacy to stave off Xarkon.

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#43 Louis

Louis

Rookie

• 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

No, not Jonas! He was pretty much the main character in the first few comics, and now he's dead. To be fair though, his last words were awesome.

#44 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Jonas was a character that I loved and hated at the same time! I found him really relatable, talking big, but deep down a giant coward unless he had the advantage. Although his greed and general "One for all and all for me" attitude made him just too despicable for his own good. It sure came back to haunt him!

emily-blunt.gif

#45 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I feel like I should start saying my goodbyes to SSLF. I have completely lost respect for this comic. That was a despicable thing that you just did, Scorp, by killing the most beloved character in TTOM. It was like being stabbed in the heart, to see that man fall in battle.

Ok, I'm not leaving, and sorry for being melodramatic, but I feel like I just lost a friend. brb crying.

#46 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,113 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

You didnt felt the same thing while reading/watching Harry Potter and Dembledore's death? :) Sometimes the greatest impact on the story, to make it great, is by killing the most sympathetic character :) It was done time and time again, because it works.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#47 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I feel like I just lost a friend. brb crying.

Sorry! :( Though, Jonas would not be a very good friend. :P He'd probably stab you in the back once it seemed advantageous.

Believe it or not, I'm still following my original TTOM outline. All of this was planned from the beginning, though in the oldest script Jonas and Riddian both went down fighting each other, and then Ajax found them.

If it's any consolation, Josef and Ditto will continue to have adventures together! I have plans for them, in fact, if all works out...

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#48 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

issue8_page151.jpg

I originally planned to do the sea battle in miniature LEGO form – even more miniature than usual, I mean – but I had trouble getting the microfig ships and city of Mordark to look right. In the end, I decided that this and the following scenes would be too difficult to recreate in LEGO form and still retain the sense of scale that I wanted, so I switched to drawings for the “Raven’s journal” segment. The drawings will still show LEGO people though. ;)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#49 Florent

Florent

bWa bwa bWA

• Nova Member
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

I've been avoiding these since issue 8 started, but I couldn't resist any longer after seeing that thumbnail. I went back through and read it start to finish.

Amazing. Can't wait to see how this story will end. Also, will Saber's Edge take place directly after this series?

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#50 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

Just saw a typo I missed in the very first word. How'd I manage that? Oh well, fixed now.

I've been avoiding these since issue 8 started, but I couldn't resist any longer after seeing that thumbnail. I went back through and read it start to finish.

Amazing. Can't wait to see how this story will end. Also, will Saber's Edge take place directly after this series?

Thanks! And yes in fact, Saber's Edge picks up almost immediately after the end of TTOM.

-Scorp

#51 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Wow, this is kinda awesome and weird at the same time, seeing something that started only about a year after I joined the forum coming to close soon. I can't say I'm surprised that you switched to drawn panels for this bit, something on that scale would drive almost anyone mad.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#52 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I actually love the format! The drawing gives it a nice LEGO® group feeling, since they use that style for all their comics.

Really looking forward to up-coming pages! XD

emily-blunt.gif

#53 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Ooh, man, I really like the drawn bits, actually. Really helps make up for the limitations of the whole "pictures of a lego" medium. There's no way that opening panel over-the-shoulder shot would've looked as cool as it does if it was in Lego.

Anyway, it's ridiculously cool to see this end after all this time.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#54 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

If you will direct your eyes spaceward, you will see that the main menu has changed slightly today! Among other changes, the Galaxy button is now the Wiki button, leading straight to the Nova Refuge wiki. One day I'd like to host the wiki on my own server so that it's not covered in annoying ads, but for now Wikia will do. Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to the wiki project, as seen in the Wiki Contributor Medals! Including new contributor Amarok for his hard work (along with Maverick-Werewolf) in cleaning up the wiki over the past several weeks to get it ready for its prominent new position.

All of the pages on the website and the wiki should work okay now, but I still haven't gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb. If you encounter any errors, please report them here.

Furthermore I would like to apologize for not finishing TTOM sooner. The 2013 holiday season kept me extremely busy. But I plan to finish off the last few pages in one big burst soon, and announce all this stuff in a big NR-themed update news-post. :)

-Scorp

#55 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

Ooooh, pretty!

Looking forward to reading the rest of TTOM and whatever you have planned in that big update!

emily-blunt.gif

#56 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

ttom_final_02.jpg

Featuring long-ago-promised cameos for Tommy Gun and Phaedrus.  :P

-Scorp

#57 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Huh, didn't realize Daft Punk were still around in NR, let alone helping to lead a revolution in Mordark.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#58 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Way too cool! I love the T.G. Logo and the scars and the Flash emblem. You doooooo care :P

Haha, great issue Scorp. I can't believe how long it's been since this comic started. I think I was twelve years old. Sheesh, that's frightening.

#59 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

For a split second I thought that was my Lightning Bolt... but alas, no.  :mellow:

The first time I found this site, it was on the character page for TTOM. This brings back so many memories of poring over all your old sign-ups, trying to comprehend just how awesome the whole thing was.

#60 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

Not exactly big news, but someone on Flickr asked me to start a Nova Refuge group, so I did: https://www.flickr.c...ups/novarefuge/

If you have any NR art or LEGO on Flickr, please add it to the group!

-Scorp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users