• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I felt like we could use a catch-all LEGO talk thread, for anything people might want to say about LEGO that doesn't seem to warrant its own topic. Feel free to talk about conventions, your LEGO collection, LEGO-related news and rumors, or whatever! If you want to talk about what you're building, that's more for the Construction Zone, but I won't complain if the conversations here occasionally head in that direction. We could use more LEGO talk in general on SSLF lately.

To try and kick things off:

Here's a link my brother sent me a while back: A retired LEGO mold that has produced 120 million bricks. 2 x 3 plates, it looks like.

What's the oldest LEGO set you own? I'm not sure about mine, but it might be this:
Posted Image
The 6845 Cosmic Charger from 1986 - a year before I was born. Not even sure how I got it. Sadly I don't actually have the box, but I still have the minifig floating around, and I remember using the trans-red rods for lightsabers before the official Star Wars sets came out.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Ackbar = Best Character

Ackbar = Best Character

The Eleventh Doctor's Best Friend

• Nova Patron
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I don't know. I'm a "young 'un", as people say. I did get a bunch of old sets from a garage sale, and I recall getting this:

Uh oh. I can't find it online. I'll keep looking though.

Also, I replied to your email regarding "WW2 decals".

EDIT: I found it. It was 6267 Lagoon Lockup, from the pirates theme.
http://lego.wikia.co..._Lagoon_Lock-Up

Edited by xAltair7x, 05 March 2013 - 11:02 AM.

"EXTERMINATE!"

-Dalek Extra #18302

#3 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I was 2 when this set came out

Posted Image

But I picked it up at a Goodwill a year or two ago just 'cause it was cheap. I'm thinking that's the oldest my Legos get.

#4 Nevar

Nevar

This isn't good... is it?

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

I don't like how minifigs now have shiny eyes and grind their teeth sometimes.
"I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I've found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you'll be a winner."<br />
- Steve Irwin AKA "The Crocodile Hunter"<br />
<br />
"I wirr continue to create games as rong as I rive."<br />
- Hideo Kojima

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I like the shiny eyes. Though it's a bit disturbing when the LEGO games animate the catchlights as pupils...

I still have never found the Series 9 collectible minifigs. I really want that Roman Emperor. :(

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#6 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'm guessing you're gonna really want one of the Series 10 minifigs too. No points for guessing which one. :P

Posted Image

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#7 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'd buy 100 of these seagulls.

#8 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Patron
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

I can't believe they made medusa. I actually saw it as a project on lego cuusoo.

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm guessing you're gonna really want one of the Series 10 minifigs too. No points for guessing which one. :P

The bee girl, obviously.

I finally found Series 9 today! And as usual, stood around massaging plastic bags and picking out the ones I wanted for about a half hour. Took a while to find the Judge and the Forest Maiden. Their hair turned out to be made of a rubbery plastic instead of the usual kind...

-Scorp

#10 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

• Nova Patron
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hey does anyone know where one could buy some Space Marines from series 7 of the collectable minifigures? Oh and the series 10 English guy is pretty sweet.

#11 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Unless you get lucky and find a store that still has Series 7 in stock, Bricklink's your only option.

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#12 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Oldest set? Oh man, that's a tough one. I'd have to say it might be the Solo Trainer, though I'm a bit more certain that I had the Aero Hawk.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#13 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hey does anyone know where one could buy some Space Marines from series 7 of the collectable minifigures? Oh and the series 10 English guy is pretty sweet.

Unless you get lucky and find a store that still has Series 7 in stock, Bricklink's your only option.

Or, there's the upcoming Project Swapfig.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#14 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

• Nova Patron
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hey, I was wondering how you guys store/sort your Lego? Currently I sort by color only, though as my collection grows I find that finding the parts I need is rather hard.

#15 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I always did it by color and threw them in Ziploc bags which is honestly one of the most sloppy set ups ever. Thankfully I found some plastic trays that do a lot better and I try to keep them separate by colors and I usually have technic pins and stuff like that in little drawers.

The buckets are still there of course. Gotta love those big plastic tubs full of random assorted pieces. They were always super fun because if you dug all the way to the bottom you'd never know what exactly you were coming up with. Ah... nostalgia. ^_^

#16 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I've been sorting my collection by color since I was a kid, but it's not really the most efficient way to do it, as far as finding parts while building goes. I'd like to think one day I might sit down and sort them all by size and type instead, but hahahahaha no that's probably never going to happen. :P

-Scorp

#17 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sorting by color seems like a great idea until you have to find that tiny piece in your huge tub of black pieces.

Yeah.

I have about a third of my collection sorted by a combination of color and part type, with the rest unsorted. I've had to pack up and move my collection twice in the past five years, which is not conducive to keeping stuff organized.

Incidentally, this lack of organization is the prime reason my building is so sporadic.

UBQLqv7.png

#18 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

• Nova Patron
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the replies! I'll probably stick with sorting by color until all my bins are about to overflow, and then start sorting by both piece and color.

#19 Ackbar = Best Character

Ackbar = Best Character

The Eleventh Doctor's Best Friend

• Nova Patron
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Can someone help me? I have this minifig body that I got with a huge tub down the street. It's blue, has twin rows of buttons going up, and has a US belt buckle. Sorry for the lame description, I'm pretty drained right now. I just want to know if anyone knows what set or series is from. Thanks.

"EXTERMINATE!"

-Dalek Extra #18302

#20 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

That would be a soldier torso from the 1996 Wild West theme.

EDIT:

ww001.jpg?0

Edited by Thrawnie, 15 April 2013 - 01:04 PM.

UBQLqv7.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users