Photo

E3 2017: Everything was Metroid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Poll: RANKINGS! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won E3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

PLAYER UNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS ON XBOX LATER THIS YEAR WITH XBOX ONE X SUPPORT!

Hell yeah.

So going to rebuy it there to play with my friends on Xbox.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#22 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

There was an indie Minecraft-y, Steamworld Dig-y first person shooter thing that I've already forgotten the name of, and now I think we're onto State of Decay 2. I think this is going to be a pretty long show, but it's not bad at all so far. I'm guessing they'll probably save the price for last.

Phil Spencer's definition of 'exclusive' apparently mostly means 'console launch exclusive', which means it's going to be on PC, and it's going to be on PS4, too, but for a brief period the Xbox is the only console it's going to be on. I'm sure we'll see even more tortured definitions of the term before E3 is out :P

EDIT - Oh no, a 'famous Shoutcaster' is on stage live-commentating on some kind of third-person Overwatch. It's called 'The Darwin Project', and it was so generic I've already forgotten everything about it.

Now they're advertising Minecraft for some reason. Oh no, they've got a whole Minecraft segment with a lady talking on stage. We had a good run, Microsoft.

"TODAY WE'RE UNVEILING A NEW LOOK FOR MINECRAFT, THAT WE'RE SUPER DUPER EXCITED FOR YOU TO TRY OUT!"

They way she said 'super duper' made me think it was a pun on something, but... I guess that's just how this lady talks? It's a high-quality graphics pack for Minecraft, by the way.

#23 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

Very under whelmed so far. Metro was cool, I'm slightly intrigued with the new AssCreed, but it's still AssCreed. PUBG, some new "eSports!" game, and Minecraft now? *Yawn*

#24 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Now they're advertising Minecraft for some reason. Oh no, they've got a whole Minecraft segment with a lady talking on stage. We had a good run, Microsoft.

I mean, it's a big step for it.  Full Crossplay between all systems, as well as user generated content getting official support.

As boring as using Minecraft for something now, it is a major milestone for what its getting.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Don't worry guys, all of these games are available for pre-order today

EDIT - Oh no, are they doing a Dragonball Z game right here in the press conference?

#26 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

I hope you guys just heard that. Minecraft Cross compatible on Everything.

Switch

PC

Xbox

PS4

Mobile

Tablet

We can all play together.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#27 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

For those not watching live, here's the Minecraft 'Super duper' lady:

1nyoqz1.gif

EDIT - For a moment I thought they might have been showing a new Dragon's Dogma, but it turned out to be a Korean MMO. I feel like Microsoft might have had to dig a little too deep to reach that 42 game total.

Now there's a neat pixel-art Cyberpunk thing called The Last Night that looks pretty rad.

Take a drink every time you hear the word 'exclusive' if you're looking to wipe away the memory of that awful EA show yesterday, btw.

EDIT - There was an anime hack-n-slash thing that looked kind of terrible, and now we're onto Sea of Thieves.

I think this would probably be fun enough if you had a team of friends to pirate with, but it's really not the most interesting game to watch an extended demo of.

EDIT - Oh boy this is a long Sea of Thieves demo. Coming early 2018, they say.

Now back to your regularly scheduled 'launch exclusives'. This one is Tacoma, from the Gone Home people, and I'm totally going to play it. August 2nd!

EDIT - I thought they were teasing Conker, but I guess this is an unrelated 3D platformer starring a squirrel... maybe fox thing. Super Lucky's Tale, apparently.

#28 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Okay, Dragon Ball FighterZ looked friggin' awesome. Marvel vs. Capcom better take note. Project Vein looks like an anime Souls game, could be fun. I'm interested.

#29 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

We've got Cuphead. This game still looks amazing, and now it has a release date! September 29th, after all these years.

And now Crackdown 3 starring live-action Terry Crews for some reason! Why not?

It seems like they've basically rebuilt Crackdown 3 entirely since we last saw it. It's now back to the cartoony, black-outlines style of the first game, but I think all that destructibility stuff is still there? Hard to tell; I saw one building collapse, but they didn't really focus on it. Comes out November 7th, same day as the Xbox One X.

#30 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Crackdown 3 starring Terry Crews. I am here for this.

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

A much-needed montage to knock out some of those 42 games so we aren't here all night :P

EDIT - OOOOH, we've got Life is Strange. I think this is the prequel starring Chloe and that girl who was missing in the first season. I don't know if I'm into it without Max.

They're doing a thing on Shadow of Mordor now (or whatever the sequel's called). I'm thinking Bioware's new Destiny is going to be the big closer.

#32 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Comes out November 7th, same day as the Xbox One X.

Wait, I just got a theory, one that actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it:

The real reason why Microsoft has been so tightlipped around Crackdown 3?

It's designed for Scorpio and will be a Scorpio launch title.

Called it.

I called it back in April in the News topic.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#33 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

More like "42 games that that already came out on PC and will be free with Gold"

0/10 so far.

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

Called it.

I called it back in April in the News topic.

Crackdown 3's been preeeetty heavily downgraded since the last time we saw it, though. They've dropped the realistic art style entirely and they didn't so much as mention any of the power of the cloud stuff. I suppose they might reveal some X-specific stuff after the show, but they didn't really position it as a showcase for the new console.

#35 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

I hope you guys just heard that. Minecraft Cross compatible on Everything.

Switch

PC

Xbox

PS4

Mobile

Tablet

We can all play together.

#36 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Eugh, this Shadow of War stuff is really irking me.

#37 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Eugh, this Shadow of War stuff is really irking me.

tumblr_mm1lngyqo01s8lzgwo1_250.gif

#38 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Ori and the Blind Forest sequel, no doubt. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Like, seriously. They even got a live pianist to accompany the trailer.

#39 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Oh, man. That Ori trailer was beautiful.

OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility, with Crimson Skies?! Where is 880_Zero when you need him. :P

#40 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

Original Xbox backwards compatibility confirmed! All... what, ten games worth playing from the the OG Xbox? (lol, sorry :P)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users