NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

WG Weekly Comic (and other updates)

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#121 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

POPULAR

I forgot all about this Updates thread... I probably should have posted something in here when (thanks to our Kickstarter backers), the first Wulfgard novel and comic book became available, along with a Wulfgard playing card deck and music album!

shop_knightfall.jpgshop_intothenorth_cover1.jpgshop_intothenorth_cover2.jpgshop_playingcards_thumb.jpgshop_album1.png

But hopefully most of you already saw that.

In any event, I've decided to “re-launch” the Wulfgard Webcomic with the brand-new Prologue!

03.jpg

I’ll post a new page every Sunday for the next 5 weeks. Then on the following Sunday, I’ll post the newest (print) version of of Chapter 1 and some (or possibly all) of Chapter 2 all at once. The rest of the chapters will now be exclusive to the printed comic. For more info, see the Webcomic page (scroll to the bottom to read the post).

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#122 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:11 AM

03.jpg

Is it me, or are almost all of the horses wearing things in this comic are MLP References?

That horse looks a lot like Sombra... :I

#123 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

POPULAR

Is it me, or are almost all of the horses wearing things in this comic are MLP References? That horse looks a lot like Sombra... :I

I have no idea what you're talking about.  :whistling:

Anyway!...

04.jpg

EDIT:

Also, if anyone's interested in checking out the sketches I drew for our Kickstarter backers, I've posted them all here!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#124 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,430 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

Looks great, Scorp!  Definitely one of the highlights of the print edition, and I'm glad to see you're uploading it, too.

One little question to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me:  Did the unnamed man with the Justantion sigil switch his sword to a different side while getting up?  It was on his right hip when he was pulled off the horse, but now he's drawing it with his right hand from his left hip.

Other than that nitpick, the comic is looking fantastic!  I remember when you introduced Minion in your card previews, and it's nice to see he's getting some actual "screentime."  

Spoiler

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#125 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

POPULAR

ANOTHER!

05.jpg

One little question to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me:  Did the unnamed man with the Justantion sigil switch his sword to a different side while getting up?  It was on his right hip when he was pulled off the horse, but now he's drawing it with his right hand from his left hip.

The explanation for that is simple: Drawing the sword on the wrong side of the belt is probably my most common mistake ever.  :P In my defense, I worked to draw those pages in record time, since I was already behind schedule finishing the comic to ship to the Kickstarter backers. I suppose I could go back and mirror all the frames on the first page... That might fix it... hmm...

Other than that nitpick, the comic is looking fantastic!  I remember when you introduced Minion in your card previews, and it's nice to see he's getting some actual "screentime."

Besides his very brief appearance standing silently behind Plutarch in the beginning of Chapter 2, yes. :D One thing I wanted to do with the prologue was include some main characters who did not get to appear in the comic but are extremely important later. Mainly Minion and Joergen. There are 2 more I would have liked to slip in, but those who have the playing card deck will recognize them when we do get to meet them...

"As if it were in the cards all along..."

ZdNFqju.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#126 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

By the Way, what does the symbol on Minion's head mean?

I bet it means minion. 

#127 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

By the Way, what does the symbol on Minion's head mean?

I bet it means minion. 

Good question! Look really closely through the rest of the comic and you might spot the same symbol somewhere else...  :ph34r:

(okay, it looks a little different on the other pages, but it's meant to be the same symbol)

(no, I won't reveal what it means yet :P)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#128 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

POPULAR

Whaaaaaat? Everyone knows you could never REALLY break a katana like that. They're magical god-swords that can cut anything and certainly don't have a tendency to be made from flawed steel and bend really easily.

2004-2018

#129 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

POPULAR

Whaaaaaat? Everyone knows you could never REALLY break a katana like that. They're magical god-swords that can cut anything and certainly don't have a tendency to be made from flawed steel and bend really easily.

B-but the steel is folded 10000 times!! :o

Today's page (meant to post it yesterday but forgot):

06.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#130 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

I feel so bad for the guy at the far left, that has got to be so uncomfortable.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#131 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about.  :whistling:

Anyway!...

04.jpg

EDIT:

Also, if anyone's interested in checking out the sketches I drew for our Kickstarter backers, I've posted them all here!

Is the R C A tattoo on the back of the guy's head a reference to you and your sibings' middle names?

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#132 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

Is the R C A tattoo on the back of the guy's head a reference to you and your sibings' middle names?

Hmmm... Now that I look at it closely, it does look like that.

In other news, I got the Comic in the mail yesterday, and I was wondering if there would ever be a list of Cameo Apperances.

At the moment, the only people I recognize are Marcus Capulet and Dr Grant's one Zeus-Worshiping Elf Character.

#133 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

I feel so bad for the guy at the far left, that has got to be so uncomfortable.

Haha, indeed. He probably did something to warrant being hogtied like that. Perhaps he resisted surrendering.

No, it has nothing to do with us. And it's actually a lot more letters than just R, C, and A.

And, I'll just go ahead and reveal this: the other person bearing the tattoo is Daemonique. She has it on her shoulder. The left shoulder, I believe. It's hard to see anywhere in the comic, but that's what it's meant to be.

In other news, I got the Comic in the mail yesterday, and I was wondering if there would ever be a list of Cameo Apperances.

At the moment, the only people I recognize are Marcus Capulet and Dr Grant's one Zeus-Worshiping Elf Character.

Hmm, I don't think most of the backers would mind if I posted a list. So, okay:

In the Wanderer's band of rebels in the Prologue, the guy in the green hood is Harry Monster, and the dark-haired half-elf with the gold armor on his arms is Kadawon01.

On the second page of Chapter 3, the two Imperial cavalrymen in the second frame are Cutlass-Crocodile and Amarok (in that order).

At the party later in Chapter 3, yes, the pink-haired elf is Dr. Grant's character, and the Inquisitor is Lord Capulet's. The Templar lady is Klaykid's. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#134 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

POPULAR

07.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#135 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Wait, Magnhild?

tumblr_inline_msshjf0knH1qz4rgp.png

Not sure if coincidence, or Scorp is a fan of Nora. Either way I approve.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#136 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

Magnhild is actually one of my characters, and her name comes from Old Norse. I had never heard that particular name (though I've certainly heard many other -hild names) before Fenris suggested it to me several years ago around 2008-2009 or so. I liked it a lot, so I used it.

So, definitely a coincidence, sorry.

Nice to see you in a Wulfgard thread, though, Ter. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#137 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

C'est la vive. Honestly I mainly thought that because Nora is basically Pinkie Pie meets Thor (with a grenade launcher), and thus seems like one of the characters in the show you guys would definitely like.

Edit: Wait a second, Justin R. R. Stebbins...  *points*

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#138 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Is the girl with the bird in the back Cynthia? She's the only one of your old party that I can't remember ever seeing show up anywhere in Wulfgard.

(All the members who haven't been here for 10+ years be like Huuuuuuh?) :P

2004-2018

#139 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Wait, Magnhild?

tumblr_inline_msshjf0knH1qz4rgp.png

Not sure if coincidence, or Scorp is a fan of Nora. Either way I approve.

Well, her name is "Nora Valkyrie" as I recall from making the minifigs... so if I watched the show, then yeah, she'd probably be my favorite character by default.

But nah, Magnhild's got nothing to do with that.

Edit: Wait a second, Justin R. R. Stebbins...  *points*

I started using that name for Wulfgard stuff to look more like a real fantasy author (JRRT, GRRM, etc.). :P And my mother's maiden name starts with R, so it works.

Is the girl with the bird in the back Cynthia? She's the only one of your old party that I can't remember ever seeing show up anywhere in Wulfgard.

(All the members who haven't been here for 10+ years be like Huuuuuuh?) :P

Your memory is too good, dangit!

Hmm... I think I'll just answer with: You may buy the playing card deck for confirmation. Cynthia has a card there. :whistling:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#140 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

08.jpg

This is the last of the new pages in the prologue of the printed comic! There are still 2 other new pages in Adrianya's chapter, but I will not be posting those online. Next weekend I will upload the rest of Chapter 1, and later part of Chapter 2, but the rest of the comic will be available only in the version available for purchase at http://www.wulfgard.net/- We just went down on the price on Amazon, so please consider ordering if you haven't!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users