NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Website Problems...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,924 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

For some reason I'm having mysterious problems with the Wulfgard site. I had reports from some people that it wasn't working, but it worked fine for me at that time. Soon after, however, it quit loading for me, and now it will not load for Maegan either. Now even deeplinks to images won't work!

I've tried IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome... I've tried tweaking the pages... I've tried resetting my entire server... nothing. For some reason all of my other websites work fine, even Maegan's Nolan North fansite. All of the Wulfgard files still appear on the server, but I can't view any of them in a browser... I'm completely stumped about what to do.

http://www.wulfgard.net

Can anyone get the site to load at all?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 Proxyclaw

Proxyclaw

Professional Anomaly

• 1,611 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

Loaded fine for me

EDIT: I probably should have given some advice for fixing it, but I have no idea what is wrong

Edited by Shenko, 29 December 2010 - 01:01 AM.

There's a difference between "oddness" and brainless, mindscrewing confusion.

#3 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

It works fine for me too. Then again, I use the Wulfgard Skin, so it might be easier to load from the Wulfgard Skin?

I have no idea what would be wrong or how to fix it.

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

Um, it seems to have resurrected itself for the time being.

I guess all you really needed to do was make a topic about it, Scorpy. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#5 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

I've encountered the same problem at times, but it usually works after a while. This happens with the forums and the lair as well sometimes, so I dunno... It happens rarely, and It doesn't really last for long.

#6 Mercutio

Mercutio

№ 1

• Nova Member
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:59 AM

For some reason I'm having mysterious problems with the Wulfgard site. I had reports from some people that it wasn't working, but it worked fine for me at that time. Soon after, however, it quit loading for me, and now it will not load for Maegan either. Now even deeplinks to images won't work!

I've tried IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome... I've tried tweaking the pages... I've tried resetting my entire server... nothing. For some reason all of my other websites work fine, even Maegan's Nolan North fansite. All of the Wulfgard files still appear on the server, but I can't view any of them in a browser... I'm completely stumped about what to do.

http://www.wulfgard.net

Can anyone get the site to load at all?

It sounds like you're having the exact same problem as I had trying to find the map earlier. Now, however, it appears to work fine..

..STRANGE MAGICKS ARE AFOOT!

http://threemileisland.forumotion.org/

http://enfiladedefilade.blogspot.com/

#7 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

Quick, we need a scapegoat to blame. :P

Works fine for me. It's probably nothing. Just a random glitch that may happen from time to time. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it happens for an extended period of time.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#8 Ivaneus TTP

Ivaneus TTP

• 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Well the sites are hosted by a third party are they not?

It could be some form of maintenance being down by the hosting service that takes the site in question down for a while and then puts it back up.

Or maybe the server it's on was defragging itself.

I probably wouldn't worry too much about it but I wouldn't throw away my notes on the issue either.

#9 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

Works fine for me, I'm using Internet Explorer on Windows 7. And has the logo by the URL changed?

Posted Image

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

It could be some form of maintenance being down by the hosting service that takes the site in question down for a while and then puts it back up.

I probably wouldn't worry too much about it but I wouldn't throw away my notes on the issue either.

We pay for a dedicated server to host all our sites on; usually they'll tell us if there's maintenance or anything that might\will cause the sites to be down, so I don't think that would be a problem. Who knows, though...

And has the logo by the URL changed?

You mean the favicon? Nope, it's just the Wulfgard logo, as it's always been.

It seems to be working for now. Hopefully it won't be screwy again. :\

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,924 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Welp, guess we'll just chalk it up to MAGIC! :P Odd that it would reappear right after I posted this. I've been trying since yesterday.

Yeah, but all my sites are on the same server. Normally if the server goes down, they all go down (like when I reset it earlier). That's what worried me about Wulfgard.

Anyway, problem seems to be gone, so... thread locked.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users