NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Some Wulfgard Graphics

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

POPULAR

These are some emblems and things related to Wulfgard that I've been meaning to post for a while now...

Posted Image

The Imperial Crown - Worn by the new Emperor, it prominently features the star design of Astra Aeterna. It can be found on Imperial seals, as well as the guardsmen and flags of the Imperial city, and many other places throughout the Empire. It signifies Imperial power and allegiance to the Emperor.

The Paladins - The Emperor's personal hand-picked circle of knights, the Paladins have the authority to go anywhere and do almost anything they please, even take control of armies, all in the name of the Emperor, who trusts them implicitly. There are currently only a few dozen paladins, commanded by the Left and Right Hand Paladins of the Emperor.

Astra Aeterna - Astra Aeterna is, according to her followers, a (genderless, but usually referred to in the feminine when a pronoun is used) god who is as far beyond the lesser gods, like the Olympians and Aesir, as they are beyond mortals - a great omnipotent creator being who almost never interferes in mortal affairs. Originally a small cult thought mad for their beliefs, they have now grown into a powerful group, especially since the new emperor is a follower of Astra Aeterna himself.

Knights Templar - Though most knights of Astra Aeterna embrace ascetic poverty, the Knights Templar are among the richest orders in the Empire. Originally just a Church of Astra in Templaria, they began to gain power when the other temples there started looking to them, as a completely impartial group, to mediate between them and settle disputes. Before long, the Knights Templar had taken over protection of Templaria, serving as the city's personal army. They are now one of the strongest military orders in the Empire.

Order of the Star Sapphire - A somewhat loosely-knit organization of Knights of Astra who, instead of taking up the mendicant wandering knight-errant life that most of them embrace, banded together in order to help one another. They have a few strongholds throughout the Empire and, like all Knights of Astra, are always willing to help those truly in need without asking for any payment in return.

Legio Prima ("LEG-ee-yo PREE-ma") - The First Legion is composed of the Emperor's crack troops. Extremely well-equipped and disciplined, they are perhaps the finest soldiers in the West, considered superior to all other legions.

The Inquisition - A group sanctioned by the Empire to find and brand magic-users, and then keep them locked safely away from civilization on the island fortress of Karak du Vide. Armed with void iron weapons and men and women trained to channel magic back toward its caster, they are a mage's ultimate fear.

The Council of Magi - A secret society supposedly operating out of a tower hidden high in the peaks of the Jagged Edge, where their Inner Circle meets. Their members are tasked with finding and protecting magical knowledge and potential mages from discovery and harm, and to protect them from the evils of black magic. They use the Wheel of Magic as their sign.

The Hidden - A cult operating from deep under the shadows, the Hidden are like a darker version of the Council of Magi who do not hold themselves to such high standards. Openly making use of dark magic and even consorting with vampires, they use the lower 'hook' of the Wheel of Magic (the one representing Shadow, Demonic, and Death magic) as their emblem, usually marked below the eye. Dragging a finger under the eye to make this mark is their secret sign.

The Silent Messengers - A group of assassins originating from the South who now operate everywhere West of the Jagged Edge. Their signature dagger is their calling card, left at every assassination as a message. They get their name, in fact, from their purpose: to send a message to the enemies of those who hired them. Extremely professional, they are cold, ruthless killers who know no mercy except the art of a clean kill.

Posted Image

The Wheel of Magic on which the symbol of the Council of Magi is based. Fully drawn, it displays the relationships between the different types of magic. The main elements - Air, Fire, Earth, and Water - unite in the center to create Life. Kindred elements meet to form quasi-elements of Clay, Frost, Magma, and Lightning, while their opposite element is located on the far side of the circle. At the top rises the hook of Light, Divine, and Spiritual magic - and from the bottom curves the hook of Shadow, Demonic, and Death magic. Orbiting at the sides, unrelated to the rest, are the orbs of Runic and Arcane magic, the most mysterious of all.

Questions, anyone? :D

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

I love the wheel of magic, you've planned it well and it shows the informatiomation very clearly. My favourite emblem would have to be the Imperial Crown by far. Also, is it in any way related to the Crown of Xarxon in NR?

Posted Image

#3 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:03 AM

Incredibly good work here. I think the Legio Prima or the Council of Magi are my personal favourites, and the Wheel of Magic is brilliantly planned out. Another great feature is the backstories behind each emblem, I'm sure Boar will enjoy reading about the Paladins! ;)

giphy.gif

#4 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:04 AM

... Crap. Your magic/energy wheel is almost exactly like mine from Beasts Riders... :unsure:

#5 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

:o Magic wheel. I'm stealing it.

#6 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:25 AM

Cool. :D Wow, that's incredibly clever with how you linked everything in the wheel of magic, and everything looks beautiful.

Just one question; What exactly is Arcane Magic?

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#7 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

I really like all of the symbols, and how most of the Imperial ones are connected to Astra Aeterna. The Silent Messengers remind me of Assassin's Creed. The symbols for the Magi are cleverly done, especially the Wheel of Magic. I love the way it combines everything and relates them to each other. I vote that this replaces the Periodic Table. :P

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#8 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:15 AM

I vote that this replaces the Periodic Table. :P

I second that motion.

giphy.gif

#9 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

I can't say I really like any of them, but I also can't say I really dislike any of them. They just seem rather... bland. Lots of points and starts and hooks, but nothing that stands out. I'm not saying I could do any better, but they just seem... bland. I honestly can't even pick a favorite; none stick out to me as "OH WOW AWESOME." Sorry.

lWZ8e6F.png

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

Thanks guys! :D I looked around at a bunch of stuff related to the classical elements, found some weird wiccan nonsense, and I didn't like any of them, so I started from scratch. It took me a while to come up with the design; I wanted it to make a good logo for the mage council. My only regret is that "spiritual" magic doesn't tie back into "life" magic somehow, but oh well, nothing's perfect, and they are kind of different I suppose. :)

Also, is it in any way related to the Crown of Xarxon in NR?

It wasn't at first - we kind of adopted it as a symbol for the Empire because of these LEGO breastplates: http://media.photobu...knightvisor.jpg, but then I altered the design to suit our own mythology and Astra Aeterna.

However, I do kind of like the connection with Xarkon, since I enjoy tying NR and Wulfgard together in subtle ways... It almost looks like a Crown of Xarkon, except in the angular, crystalline style of the Victorians, doesn't it?

... Crap. Your magic/energy wheel is almost exactly like mine from Beasts Riders...

Really? Can you show it to me?

Just one question; What exactly is Arcane Magic?

Arcane Magic is any magic not related to any of the elemental realms. It includes things like the manipulation of gravity (levitation spells, etc.), manipulation of time (slowing or stopping time, etc.), Illusion spells (creating false images), and Arcane Energy (luminescent magenta-colored energy from an unknown source that is highly chaotic and can have a number of effects on the mortal world, including harming others and creating magical shields).

And Runic magic, also known as Creation magic, is the use of ancient runes of unknown meaning that are believed to have been left behind by whatever ancient gods first created the universe. They can be used to enchant arms and armor, create portals, bind summoned creatures, and shield an area from magical attack. Dwarves are the undisputed masters of Runic magic.

Anyway, I'll try to put up some more graphics later, like flags of cities and tribes and such.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#11 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:06 AM

I see. Neat. ^_^

So where exactly would plants fit into the Wheel of Magic?

Heh, Wheel of Magic. Sounds like a game show.

#12 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

So where exactly would plants fit into the Wheel of Magic?

They'd be in Life, of course! :P Life is magic related to plants, most healing magic, and life in general (animals and such). It's the magic primarily used by Druids and other creatures close to nature, such as Dryads (hence their name 'Life Elves').

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#13 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

Hey, the Paladins logo! Awesome! As you can no doubt tell, I love them. Really hope to see more of them in the future.

#14 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

They'd be in Life, of course! :P Life is magic related to plants, most healing magic, and life in general (animals and such). It's the magic primarily used by Druids and other creatures close to nature, such as Dryads (hence their name 'Life Elves').

I guessed that, but I wasn't sure if they'd qualify as earth magic since plants are found in the ground.

Anyways, thanks!

Hmm, where would the undead fit into? I'd assume demonic, but since they're between life and death magic they wouldn't really fit into either. Or do the have a little of both?

#15 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Powerslide to Victory!

• 569 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

Heh, Wheel of Magic. Sounds like a game show.

Hello! And welcome back to *The Wheel of Magic*! Here today we will spin this wheel and decide whether we will tell fortunes, levitate some idiots, set fire to the logging industry, or turn people's rediculously, almost pointlessly heavy weights into solid 24 karat gold! Excuse me while I spin the wheel!
*Ah-hem*
Wheel of Magic
Turn, turn, turn
What is the next magic
We are to learn?

*Wheel continues to spin*
And it looks like... levitating idiots!

...I rant on deep philosophical scenarios like this... Oh, and the rhyme was just a modified version of the Wheel of Morality from Animaniacs.

Posted Image

Powerslide!

HolyGhost, Fireraven, Darthnatus, and a few others on the last level of Halo 3 legendary difficulty

"And when did unicorns ever exist?"
"They're narwhals now, they had to adapt to the flood."

My awesome friend telling my biology teacher the truth about narwhals

#16 Proxyclaw

Proxyclaw

Professional Anomaly

• 1,611 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

:mellow:
I wish to join the Silent Messengers.

There's a difference between "oddness" and brainless, mindscrewing confusion.

#17 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

Awesome, I love all of them. :D
The way the Crown makes extensive use of the Astra Aeterna (Eternal Star correct?), perfect. One thing I noticed is that the four main elements have a sort of similarity to Naruto, in a sense of how they form to make different forms of magic such as magma and frost (Save for the fact that in Naruto, lightning is it's own element). I of course know that you guys did not derive it from there, I was only making a connection. However that brings up a question: Due to it's slight apparant relation to Shadow, would Clay magic be used to make golems in a sense?
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#18 Werewolf King

Werewolf King

The night is dark and full of ninjas

• 739 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

:shock: I think my eyes just fell out. That's freakin' sweet! I especially like the Inquisitors symbol, and the Insquisitors themselves. If I had seven hands, I'd give this seven thumbs up. :P
Posted Image

#19 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

Man, I really want to write a fanfic about the Inquisition. That would be so cool. ^_^ Anyway, I like the graphics and the chart, Scorp. :D

#20 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

Really? Can you show it to me?

Well the problem is that I didn't draw it, however the relationship between every aspect of said life is amazingly similar to yours, then again many works can look the same... :unsure: It's a little complicated since you may not much of Beasts Riders...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users