NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Over the Sea: Part 2 - Sign-up\Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
668 replies to this topic

#661 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

I'll be making a post as soon as i have time. Just so you know I'm still here...

#662 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, I thought we pissed off some god after I read the poem. The avatar of an Aztec god is not a comforting thought. Now that I know (or think I know) that it's a god, I may have to edit my post to make Dhamid less willing to fight it...

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#663 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

Now that I know (or think I know) that it's a god, I may have to edit my post to make Dhamid less willing to fight it...

Metagaming?

Posted Image

#664 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Powerslide to Victory!

• 569 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, I thought we pissed off some god after I read the poem. The avatar of an Aztec god is not a comforting thought. Now that I know (or think I know) that it's a god, I may have to edit my post to make Dhamid less willing to fight it...

You're talking about Quetzalcoatl right? In case your're wondering, yes, I listened in 6th grade social studies. For some reason.

Posted Image

Powerslide!

HolyGhost, Fireraven, Darthnatus, and a few others on the last level of Halo 3 legendary difficulty

"And when did unicorns ever exist?"
"They're narwhals now, they had to adapt to the flood."

My awesome friend telling my biology teacher the truth about narwhals

#665 Horatius

Horatius

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Metagaming?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what metagaming is...

You're talking about Quetzalcoatl right? In case your're wondering, yes, I listened in 6th grade social studies. For some reason.

I suppose I am, although I am much more knowledgable on Greek gods than Aztec. Either way, an angry god isn't good.

Anyway, I assume the warrior was sacrificed to his god, but of course the group wouldn't know that. Hmmm, what would Dhamid make of it? The snakething attacked, perhaps? Or maybe the savages turned on each other. I'll (or he'll) think of something.

The Captain of the Gate:

#666 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what metagaming is...

Basically, it's giving a character knowledge he/she shouldn't know. You may know it's a god, but your character sees it as a big snake.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#667 Horatius

Horatius

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

Basically, it's giving a character knowledge he/she shouldn't know. You may know it's a god, but your character sees it as a big snake.

Thanks. That makes sense, though I was referring to the overpowering feeling of dread that I assume would be present when an angry god appears, not Dhamid's decision to avoid a fight with such a powerful creature. Another example of me not metagaming is whatever I make Dhamid's explanation for the dead warrior to be. He will definitly not think of it as a human sacrifice.

The Captain of the Gate:

#668 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

I'm...
I'm dropping out.

Though I've persevered through many moments where I considered leaving, I've thought it would be worth it to see the end.
Heck, I'm not even sure if Will is till alive- I haven't checked. That alone shows that this isn't really for me.

Apologies.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#669 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

Well, I figure it's finally time to officially close this now so there won't be anymore questions about its fate. I'm afraid I'm cancelling the RP... for numerous reasons.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who participated. It seems I have yet to complete a RP, and here I am continuing my reputation of cancelling them or letting them die, yet you all joined anyway - I thank you for that, and you have my deepest apologies for failing again. I hope that you'll all sign up for my later RPs regardless, as you were all great fun to RP with.

I had big plans for Over the Sea, and maybe someday I'll start the RP anew, revised to fix the mistakes that I made in this version. I regret a lot of things that I did in the RP, things that can't exactly be changed now.

But I'll add all of my myriad mistakes from Over the Sea into my repertoire, and hopefully, using those, my next RP will actually be completed... and in a manner more satisfactory than Part 1 of Over the Sea.

Admittedly, I was already regretting numerous mistakes into Part 2 of the RP, but it was already too late to change most of them. At any rate, it doesn't matter now.

Again, thanks to all of you who participated. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did - at least, as much as I did when I wasn't frustrated with it :P - and you'll join my next RP and help me make that one succeed where this one failed.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users