NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ROLEPLAY: Over the Sea - Part 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
442 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

"My name is Roland Novak,"
The man said, extending an arm. "Though it is interesting that you found such a weapon abandoned. Its owner would pay a hefty sum for its safe return, I'm sure," he said. "Where in the Empire did you say this camp was?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Roland." Leander said, shaking his hand. "And, in truth, it wasn't 'abandoned', per say, but the camp was ambushed by a small Imperial force, sent to eliminate them. The bandits had hidden their ill-gotten loot around the camp, and the tree was one spot not found by the Imperials. When I by chance found the old camp, I set up my shelter against the tree, and found the blade, with some other small gold. Even if the owner had found me, I probably wouldn't have given it too him, for it is a truly marvelous sword. It's seem me through countless battles, and I would not part with it easily. But, I don't think that's a problem, considering he's most likely dead. It was in the forest, near Crossfire Keep & Stonebridge. The bandits we're idiots too have tried raiding near that town." He told Roland.

#42 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

"Oh, there I go rambling on again nonsensically," Theriot said, interrupting himself. "It's getting quite late, you know. My old bones are too tired to go above deck and see the sunset, but maybe you can watch it for me and describe it to me a bit later. I'm so dreadfully tired and I'll need my good sleep for tomorrow if I'm to be of any aid to anyone in the morning."
Jackpot. Javed smiled, the old man was quite obviously hiding something, he just needed to get closer and find out what. He had no intention of harming old Theriot, in fact if he wanted any information at all about his goal he'd need to do quite the opposite. That alone might be sufficient to get him out of his shell. "Then I suppose I'll be off once again. I hope we get more chances to talk my friend, a man as long-lived as yourself must have seen a great many things, and I'd like very much to share in your wisdom."
With that Javed was off, humming a little tune whose words were in a language he could not remember as he went. He climbed to the deck to watch the sun sink below the waves and heard the captain address the crew, but soon as night fell the need became apparent for him to retire as well. After all, who knew what tomorrow would hold?

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#43 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,924 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

The stars began to appear overhead, and the only light still illuminating the deck of the Seal was Luna's pallid gaze. She was waxing gibbous and very bright, but her reflection could barely be made out on the surface of the ocean, for it was a foggy night and would likely only get worse. A few of the Imperial sailors gave a three-fingered salute and muttered quick prayers to Neptune, for foul things were said to dwell in the fog this far north...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#44 wakkomovies

wakkomovies

*ZOMG*

• Nova Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Krisp got up from his bunk and walked out on the deck. He glanced at the ship's bow and steadily made his way to stand in the front of the ship. Krisp saw a man near the ship's mast and called to him.

"Me name's Krisp Rox, Deep Dwarf, and you?"

((I was hoping this would be Will who I'm talking to))
"Lone star...I am your brother's uncle's nephew's son's former roomate."- Dark Helmet
"So what's that make us?"-Lone Star
"Absolutely nothing which is what you're about to become!"-Dark Helmet

May the schwartz be with you!-Spaceballs the Movie

#45 Maximus

Maximus

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

Tildon stood stoically watching his lumbering shipmates work and talk. Life was slowing down with the night approaching. He was glad he didn't choose to sleep in a bunk with a random barbarian who hadn't washed in some time. He'd carefully watched everything and everyone, but hadn't seen much worth noting. He climbed into the rigging like it were a tree back home, and carefully seated himself where he could not fall, and watched to moon slowly rise. He'd sleep mostly in the day, and savoured the darkness.
Maximus Arcturus

#46 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

Sean nodded to each of his fellow Northerners before standing up. Joergen was already laying out his cloak as a bed and the night had come at last. The Mac Cullen bid each of them a good night before he disappeared below deck. It was louder down here then above deck with the creaking of boards all around and the smashing of waves. He stopped as he was halfway through the sea of hammocks when he realized how much he could not stand the noise. Packing up a cloak he moved towards the edge of the deck near the hallway. A quick escape if needed and where the least noise was so he could hear anything approaching.

Lying down, Sean loosened his sword in its sheath and placed it in his right hand, ready to be drawn in a momentís notice. A precaution he had made a habit while running from the Imperials. Slowly he closed his mind and started to drift to sleep. However, part of him stayed alert and his eyes remained half-open. That was how he had learned from his father to sleep: One hand on your weapon and one eye open.

Before falling into the land of slumber, Sean muttered a prayer to his gods that the night would pass peacefully.

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#47 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

'Hi there. I'm Vala D'Arthao. Pleased to meet you.'

'Well, I guess we should try and get along.' Anya muttered so the woman couldn't hear her. 'Anya Avison. I would say I was pleased to meet you but I'm not.' The other woman looked slightly taken aback, so Anya inwardly rolled her eyes and said; 'Joking, Vala, joking.'

Anya pulled herself onto her bunk, twirling a dagger in one hand. This was a chance for her to find out who had the most money on board, and she was certainly going to take it.
'So Vala, what brings you to this fine vessel?'

((It's 7:45am, I need to leave at 7:50, so apologies for the short post. :P ))

giphy.gif

#48 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

'I would say that i was pleased to meet you, but i'm not'

Vala were baffled by such rudeness, and she wondered if she'd regret ever to shake hands with this woman.

Joking, Vala, joking

Well, she had a taste of humor unknown to Vala. She had the feeling that this Anya person was not to mess with. Then she noticed the note she had left on her bunk. This woman is crazy.

So Vala, what brings you to this fine vessel?

Why do i get the feeling that you don't even care? Vala noticed how the red-head was eyeing her ring...
But what harm could it be in telling her? 'Oh i'm only here for adventure. I want to see the world. I'm tired of the same old trading routes and the same people. My father wanted me to take over his trading empire, but i don't think the life as a merchant is for me. So i took the opportunity to be one of the first people who travel into the unknown'. Anya looked rather indifferently at her. Though she was afraid she might not like the answer, she asked Anya in return 'What about you then?'

#49 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Will sat on his bed in his own cabin.
He breathed silently, scolding himself in his own thoughts.
'You idiot, Will. If they discover what you are, they'll kill you. And it won't exactly be difficult to do so...'
Sitting up, he paced over to the door.
'The high seas are no place for a beast, let alone a land-lubber like you!'
Turning the handle, he strode out onto the lower deck.
A few of the others passed him, giving him an awkward glance.
He wouldn't get to know anyone until he could sort things out. Though he did feel attracted to a few of the women he'd seen...
'Ah, Will. If it's not one beast inside of you, it's the other!'

He headed over to the upper deck. He wanted to feel moonlight on his skin, even if it wasn't time.
There were already one or two people up on deck. He gestured to them kindly.

((Sorry for the short post, but I'm late for that public education thing. Oh, and Anya will apologise.))

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#50 wakkomovies

wakkomovies

*ZOMG*

• Nova Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

The man Krisp was trying to talk to gestured to him knowingly. Krisp went over to him as it seemed that the man would not come towards him.

"So, er, ever sailed on one o' these before?"

((Harrow that's you I'm talking to))
"Lone star...I am your brother's uncle's nephew's son's former roomate."- Dark Helmet
"So what's that make us?"-Lone Star
"Absolutely nothing which is what you're about to become!"-Dark Helmet

May the schwartz be with you!-Spaceballs the Movie

#51 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

"And what about you?"

"Hrmph. I suppose I crave one last adventure. Was quite one myself, back in the day. Saw the dragons of the East, Giants in the North. Even got close to the Underland itself once. Hmph. Now I'm ust an old fool, seeking things beyond his reach..."

Leonardo look up and the darkening skies, and signed.

"Bah. But enough about me. Keep your eyes...Ears open, lad. We're in treacherous waters now. I've from a sailor heard Charybdis swallows water here...Now, where'd that damned monkey go?"

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#52 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

"Yeah, well, once or twice in my travels. If you feel off balance, don't worry, you'll get your sea legs soon enough."

"Oh, that's good." She said.

"So, how'd you get here?"

"Well, I sort of ran away from my parents. They own one of the largest merchant enterprises in Ilikon, and I was set to inherit it soon. And, I don't want to inherit it. It's just to... buisnessy, y'know? So what about you?"

She absent mindedly traced the handle and tang of one of her stilettos with her fingertips.

#53 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Alan Lockhart stood at the bow of the ship, stretching before sleep. Alan was glad that the others had left him alone, since he was not in a very talkative mood at the moment. Signing in resignation, Alan lay down and looked at the stars. Besides looking for normal constellations, Alan tried to see if he could find other ones that no one else had ever seen before. However, something was troubling Alan and he did not know what it was. Standing up, Alan paced along the deck, smelling the salty air. Alan finally could take it anymore and sat down in the bow thinking before he nodded off from fatigue.

#54 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

"Hrmph. I suppose I crave one last adventure. Was quite one myself, back in the day. Saw the dragons of the East, Giants in the North. Even got close to the Underland itself once. Hmph. Now I'm ust an old fool, seeking things beyond his reach..."

Isaac whistled.

"Must have been some wild adventures."

"Bah. But enough about me. Keep your eyes...Ears open, lad. We're in treacherous waters now. I've from a sailor heard Charybdis swallows water here...Now, where'd that damned monkey go?"

"Yeah, these areas are pretty dangerous. I've sailed them before. Anyway, I'm heading down, grabbing a bunk. I'll see you in the morning...so to speak." Isaac let his staff lead him over to and down the stairs, and when he reached the bottom, found the first untaken bunk he could and climbed in, dropping his coat and equipment, as well as removing his blindfold. He turned himself towards the wall, no one had to see his eyes.

Within seconds, Isaac was asleep.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#55 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

"So, er, ever sailed on one o' these before?"

"Aye. I went west with a crew of a few men and women. We hoped to find fame and fortune. Instead, we found nothing but death."
Will stroked his beard.
"Slightly morbid, I know, but that's my life in a nutshell."
Ilan bounded over to his ankles, and Will bent down to stroke the dog.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#56 Nemesis

Nemesis

It's a mumorpuger!

• 825 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:27 AM

Relus stood with his back against the wall. He had been listening to the others conversations. He was surprised by the amount of people that had merchant backgrounds.

He grinned to himself, not entirely sure at what he was grinning at. He headed down to get a bunk.

When he got there he was quite amazed at how many seemed to be claimed, it took him a while to find a room that didn't seem to be occupied. He lied down on his bunk. Staring at the ceiling.

Well, at least the room was cosy.
...I really need to think up something witty to put here.

#57 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:34 AM

Roland looked at the man quizically. "Crossfire Keep?" he asked. "They must have been fools, then. Bandits cannot face trained soldiers in battle. They should spend their time raiding helpless villages. They are scum of the Earth, and will never ammount to anything."

And now he paused. "But, friend, pray tell - what was your occupation in the Empire? You are built like a warrior, but I see no sigul on your shield."

lWZ8e6F.png

#58 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:49 AM

"Crossfire Keep?" Roland asked. "They must have been fools, then. Bandits cannot face trained soldiers in battle. They should spend their time raiding helpless villages. They are scum of the Earth, and will never amount to anything."

And now he paused. "But, friend, pray tell - what was your occupation in the Empire? You are built like a warrior, but I see no sigul on your shield."

"Well, no one ever gave bandits any credit for being smart." Leander said. "I was trained by my older brother in the ways of war, but am no knight. I am currently a freelance warrior, hence the lack of a sigul." He explained to Roland. Total lie. A voice in his head said. Well, if he knew the truth, then he'd probably try to slay me on spot. Another voice responded. Leander pushed his quarreling consciences aside, waiting for Roland's answer.

#59 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

Javed tried to sleep, but the effort was futile, it seemed he was simply too excited for the comfort of dreams to reach him. So after a short while staring at the heavy wood of the deck above with sleep nowhere in sight he'd had enough, and began to explore the bowls of the ship. Though there were many people on this deck most of them either asleep or absorbed in their own affairs. Just as he was about to ascend back to the main deck a small sliver of conversation caught his ear.
"Oh I'm only here for adventure. I want to see the world. I'm tired of the same old trading routes and the same people. My father wanted me to take over his trading empire, but I don't think the life as a merchant is for me."
The voice belong to one of the women who'd come aboard and bore an accent unmistakeably familiar yet at the same time vague in its origin. He turned to see who he had heard and sure enough he saw two of the women talking, a tall redheaded Imperial who had partially shrouded her face and another of clearly southern heritage. Perhaps I should introduce myself, he thought as he crossed over to them. "Pardon me ladies, but I couldn't help but overhear a kindred spirit hailing from those majestic lands south of the Empire," he directed his questions more toward the darker-skinned woman, "so where might it that your family calls home friend?"

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#60 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

'Oh I'm only here for adventure. I want to see the world. I'm tired of the same old trading routes and the same people. My father wanted me to take over his trading empire, but I don't think the life as a merchant is for me. So I took the opportunity to be one of the first people who travel into the unknown. What about you then?'

'You Southerners, you're all merchants huh?' Anya commented. 'As for me... To put it short I was the daughter of a Baron, then the villagers revolted, and as our manor burned I discovered details of my father's plan to sell me for a bit more gold. I left him to die, and for the last ten years or so I've been all over, killing and stealing. Now I'm wanted, and I figured this voyage would be a good place to hide.'

Even as she said it, Anya regreted telling a total stranger her life story. Luckily, just as Vala was about to say something, another passenger came over.

'Pardon me ladies, but I couldn't help but overhear a kindred spirit hailing from those majestic lands south of the Empire.'

'I guess that counts me out then.' Anya muttered, and left the two talking, heading back up to the deck. She emerged into moonlight, the pale glow casting shadows across her face, which, with half of it covered, probably looked quite sinister. She spotted the man she had knocked into earlier and winked at him as she caught his eye.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users