NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ROLEPLAY: Over the Sea - Part 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
442 replies to this topic

#21 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Isaac had been enjoying the peace and quiet, not paying attention to what anyone was saying, until he heard something that caught his attention.

"Joergen, son of Bjornar. Tribe of the Bear."

Isaac turned to where the voice came from, slowly making his way over. Another warrior from the Tribe of the Bear. Interesting. His thoughts were changed, however, when he heard another voice.

"Hail! Bretheren!"

It seemed to be directed in this direction, so it could only be another Northerner. Another Northerner? In the empire. Isaac frowned in confused and looked around, looking between the two directions he had heard the voices.

"How many of us Northerners do we have here?"

Edited by Tacoe, 28 March 2010 - 09:33 AM.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#22 wakkomovies

wakkomovies

*ZOMG*

• Nova Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

Krisp already hated the sea. It was bad enough that the sun was preventing him from going out and about, but he also felt relieved to rest a bit while he let his seasickness die down. After noticing a fellow voyager in the hallway he decided it was time to converse.

"Over 'ere!" said Krisp to the man in the hallway.

Getting no response, he turned and took a nap on his bunk.
"Lone star...I am your brother's uncle's nephew's son's former roomate."- Dark Helmet
"So what's that make us?"-Lone Star
"Absolutely nothing which is what you're about to become!"-Dark Helmet

May the schwartz be with you!-Spaceballs the Movie

#23 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

The voyage was going quite well so far, but afternoon was quickly melting into evening. Many denizens of the ship had returned to the deck to witness their first magnificent sunset. Roland too was caught up in its beauty, but Flint watched, amused, at the land-lubbers who came out to view the spectacular scene.

On the seemingly endless horizon, the sun was now only barely peeking above the water that shimmered amber-gold from its deep rays. What few clouds overhead were lined with silver and glowing a deep purple. Around the sun, the clouds shone pink and deep purple against a blue sky. Witnessing it was certainly an event to those who had never been on the sea: the beauty of it surpassed even the greatest paintings.

Roland cleared his throat, sorry to interrupt the silence that held the ship, for it seemed that even the more vocal the sailors didn’t want to disturb the newcomers’ moment of awe. “We have a long ways to go yet, friends. I recommend everyone getting some rest.”

“Aye, ‘n’ the morrow could be a rough one as far as we’re gettin’ from Illikon,” said Flint, throwing open the hatch and climbing below deck.

“Jason, my man, take the helm, won’t you?” said Roland.

“Aye, Cap’n,” the sailor he spoke to responded crisply, replacing Roland’s place at the wheel.

Then the Captain descended onto the main deck, drawing a small key from his pocket and unlocking the door to his cabin. With a glance back to the adventurers still standing about, he said, “I hope you rest well, friends. It may take some getting used to, sleeping on a ship – but we will be at sea for a few days, so you had best start now. Good night.”

With that Captain Roland stepped into his quarters, shut the door, and those on deck heard it lock with a click. That was true enough: if some were having trouble even moving about on the ship, sleeping may be even worse. It might be a long night.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#24 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Joergen regarded the clumsy dark-bearded Northerner who had given the shout.

"Now here's one with no sea legs... Never gone a viking, have you?"

He paid little heed to the sinking sun. He would rather sleep up here in the open air anyway.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#25 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

Leonardo took a glance and the rest of their little party. Hrmph. Young 'uns always had so much to talk about these days.

He walked up to the the edge of the ship, breathing in the salty air. It felt good to be at sea again. He could already feel his strength returning, and his bones no longer ached.

"Hello old friend." He whispered quietly.

He coughed again, then gripped his stick an steadied himself. Time to take a look around the ship.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#26 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

"Now here's one with no sea legs... Never gone a viking, have you?"

Kossuth gave a chuckle at the quip.

"Haha, not really. I prefer to have even ground below my feet. Surrounded by all this water, it makes me uneasy. I am called Kossuth, what about yourself?"

#27 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

"Joergen, son of Bjornar. Tribe of the Bear. You do not name your clan... good. Joergen hates the tribal squabbles of the North and is glad to escape them."

He glanced at the sun and spread out his heavy cloak near the middle of the deck, sitting on it cross-legged. As good a bed as he ever had.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#28 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Isaac sighed as the Northerners around him seemed to pay no attention to himself. Not that it surprised him, rarely does anyone pay attention to a blind old man.

He took his staff, walking back along the deck, letting his staff guide him where he wanted to go. It unfortunately didn't let him see another figure bump into him. He heard a grunt, and stumbled back, steadying himself with his staff. Judging by the voice of the other figure, he could judge he was probably a fairly older man.

"Sorry about that. Blind old man coming through. Names Isaac, Isaac Ahlstrom." He extended his hand to the figure.

((The figure I bumped into is Richard...))

#29 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Leonardo didn't take it.

"A blind man aboard the ship? Hrmph. Stranger things have happened, I suppose."

A monkey emerged from the folds of Leonardo's cloak, and jumped onto Isaac's head, chattering excitedly.

"Samedi! Go away!"

The monkey lept away, presumably to find something to eat.

"Sorry. I'm Leonardo. Don't call be Leo, Leonard, or any other nicknames."

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#30 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

Leander stood upon the ship, taking in everything. It was nice, and the sea was beautiful, but he had more important things to worry about. He grasped the hilt of his sword nervously, He'd noticed the number of Northerner's, noting how many there we're. This could present a problem... later on. He decided to talk with some of the adventururs, trying to get all of the allies he could. He noticed a man, carrying a beautiful, and well crafted blade, who appeared to be a mix of Northern and Imperial descent. He walked up to him, and began talking.

"Hello. My name's Leander Hastings. That's a beautiful blade you carry. How'd you come across a weapon like that, if you don't mind me asking?" He said.

(( That's you, Vorgy. ))

#31 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

Osgar had since left his armor and equiptment, and began exploring the various levels of the ship. Cutter had remained behind, laying on his bunk trying to get some rest. The two of them had journeyed to the town that morning, and were still tired from their walking. Cutter could rest, but Osgar had a harder time doing such without knowing his surroundings well. He then spent the next while walking along the passages, getting a good look at everything. He saw quite a few sailors, but they were working hard and payed him no attention.

He reached the deck, and his relaxation ceased slightly. There were a good number of adventurers who had boarded the Seal along with him. Most of them had a shady demeanor about them. Several Northerners stood at railing, speaking to one another. He usually didn't mind Northerners, but there seemed to be a good number aboard the vessel, and it made him slightly uncomfortable. Of course, his companion Cutter was a Northerner and he made Osgar uneasy all the time. But this was for very different reasons.

He leaned up against the railing apart from the other group and stared into the expanse of ocean ahead of them. The captain had retired and a sailor had taken his place at the helm. Captain Roland. There was a strange man. What did he have against Aquilonis anyway? The captain had never truly answered the question before. From his behavior earlier, Aquilonis had not seemed quite the rogue Roland had made him out to be. Most could care less if Roland merely wanted the riches that Aquilonis had discovered, but Osgar was not among them. He kept his suspicions to himself, however, not even sharing them with Cutter.

Cutter was laying in his bunk, sleeping lightly, when several voices awoke him. An old man spoke with a younger adventurer, and their words contained something about the arangement of bunks, and the old man's back. Cutter wondered breifly why the old man was even on the ship with them if his bones were as bad as he said. His only conclusion was that he was one of those "gifted" old fossils Roland had dug up. Well good for him. Hopefully he'd be able to soften his pillows, or whatever he wanted to do. He leaned back again and closed his eyes, his mind wandering far back into his past.

If only things could be so simple as they were so many years ago, he thought. He had been the son of a trapper so many years ago, before an incident had changed the course of his life. In his sleep, his body trembled as he dreamed into that terrible incident. Cries of pain echoed in his mind, and the forest floor met his face.

#32 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

"A blind man aboard the ship? Hrmph. Stranger things have happened, I suppose."

"I've been sailing longer then I've been blind, actually." Isaac was about to say something else he heard chattering and in seconds something was on his head. What the hell? The other man told it off, and whatever it was, it wasn't on his head anymore.

"Sorry. I'm Leonardo. Don't call be Leo, Leonard, or any other nicknames."

"Alright then Leonardo. What is that, a monkey?"

#33 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

"Yes." Leonardo said, not offering any more explanation.

"So tell me, what's a man like do doing on such a journey?"

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#34 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

"So tell me, what's a man like do doing on such a journey?" Isaac chuckled and lowered his voice.

"I was a captain on a Northerner ship, a long time ago. Got my eyes slashed, was retired from duty. Wanted to get back out to the sea, and I heard a great lot about these voyages setting out from the empire. Figured it was the best way for me to get back out to sea." Isaac shrugged. That was pretty much his life's story up til now.

"And what about you?"

#35 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Roland Novak looked at the man who had approached him. Hastings, he'd said his name was. Leander Hastings. The man had a exquisite sword of his own on his side, which looked to be Deepsilver, like Roland's own blade. Except, of course, that Serenity was a hand-and-a-half sword, whereas Hastings's was a longsword.

Roland drew his own blade, after the man had asked about it, and held it out to him, carefully. "Her name is Serenity. She was my father's blade, and has been in my family for generations. The Novaks of Winterwood have long treasured this blade, and now I am all that remains." His face darkened at this, and he sheathed his blade before Leander could take the weapon in his hands.

"The Novaks are no more," he said, coldly, "and I do not even bear the ability to continue the family. I have been disowned by the Empire itself, by command of King Richard Illikoni, the first of his name. The supposed King is not one - the man is a arrogant fool to believe he is truly safe behind Coldstone Wall. When the Tribes unite, all the Empire will fall, and he is unable to see that."

Roland clenched his fists, and looked over the deck, out toward the sea. "I do not intend to be living in the Empire when that happens," he said, almost to himself. "The Tribes will wage war on the Empire. I could be there, on either side. My father was a knight and Lord of Winterwood. My mother a northwoman. I would be accepted by Empire or Tribes, if I felt the need. When war comes, I could beg King Richard for a pardon, or scale the Wall and gather northmen to my cause. But I choose neither."

He turned toward Hastings. "I am hated and hunted by the Empire and the North both. I could make ammends with one, but the other would continue the hunt. So I will go where they will not follow."

"I will go over the End of the Earth."

lWZ8e6F.png

#36 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

"Winterwood. Yes, I heard about that. I wouldn't blame you for hating the Empire. That was a huge mistake. There is so much that could've been done, that wasn't For example, when rumors of he attack same in, a group of Paladin's could've been sent in to reinforce the town. Also, they weren't. I am sorry for your loss,"

Leander paused, the continued. "I wish my sword had a great history, as yours does. The truth is, I found it hidden in a tree, in an abandoned bandit camp. It's Deepsilver, I know that much, but the rest of it's history has been lost to time." He said to the man. "What's you're name, anyway?" He asked him. The man would be a great ally, although if he found out Leander's true identity, he'd be a great enemy.

#37 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

"Hello, I'm Ryan Alexander."

Amber heard this from a man who walked up to her, wearing flaming red clothing. He was also quite gruff in a appearance.

"Hi. I'm Amber, Amber Fauxe. Have you ever been on one o these ships before? This is my first time."

She put her hands on her hips and looked at the man, Ryan.

((Sorry for shortness, but this is soonest I could post, right before bed, so...))

#38 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

Roland looked at the man strangely. A sword made of Deepsilver, left in a tree? He found it odd. Weapons of that caliber were not just thrown away like a bent arrow.

"My name is Roland Novak," he said, extending an arm. "Though it is interesting that you found such a weapon abandoned. Its owner would pay a hefty sum for its safe return, I'm sure," he said. "Where in the Empire did you say this camp was?"

lWZ8e6F.png

#39 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

[Well now that I have you on my bed, Ter, did I mention that my character is gay? :P ]

"Ha, a pleasure friend, I am more than happy to assist." Javed laughed cheerily, sitting upon the Recluse's bed. "By the way, I neglected to ask earlier Theriot, are you perhaps one who possesses 'the gift'?"

Theriot's eyes widened and his lips seemed to be silently mouthing something, as though he was trying to remember something important. He looked away from Javed and then looked back, confused. "Earlier? Oh, ah, yes. You're the same young man from earlier, aren't you?" The old man smiled inwardly. He wondered just how nutty this man thought that he was by now. Deception turned out to be an activity that passed time quite quickly on the high seas.

"As for my possession of this...er, 'gift'." Theriot waved his hands about subtley, as if trying to conjure an idea out of thin air. "If by, uh, 'the gift', you mean wisdom, then yes. Knowledge is the greatest gift of all, as I'm sure you know. You appear to be quite the knowledgable man yourself, but if ever you find yourself in need of some more I have some fine reading material with me. Books help pass the time quite nicely. You uh, you can read, yes?"

"Oh, there I go rambling on again nonsensically," Theriot said, interrupting himself. "It's getting quite late, you know. My old bones are too tired to go above deck and see the sunset, but maybe you can watch it for me and describe it to me a bit later. I'm so dreadfully tired and I'll need my good sleep for tomorrow if I'm to be of any aid to anyone in the morning."

[The greatest gift of all is wisdom!]

Posted Image

#40 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

"Hi. I'm Amber, Amber Fauxe. Have you ever been on one o these ships before? This is my first time."

He grinned and said, "Yeah, well, once or twice in my travels. If you feel off balance, don't worry, you'll get your sea legs soon enough."

He tried his hardest not to scan her up and down. It was getting awkwardly silent, so he asked, "So, how'd you get here?"

He awaited an answer as he watched the last of the sun's body sink below the horizon. The colors of violet became deeper, and deeper until it was dark, as if somebody swept a navy blue blanket across the sky. The slightly revealed moon gleamed upon the boat and the stars shined in the air.

He looked back at her, into her deep green eyes.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users