NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ATTENTION: Site Sneak-Peek and Wylfgard LEGO Gallery Cleanup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#41 Gryphon

Gryphon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Jun 22 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... can you elaborate?

By the way, did anyone experience problems with lag while viewing the page? Personally, I get heavy lag if the light circle is moving across the main banner at the same time that I'm scrolling over a button. All of the animations get jumpy and slow to a crawl. I guess I need to fix that, but it may involve getting rid of the "searchlight" effect (as Crackers called it)... and I don't really want to do that... *sigh*

About the stones, I agree. They look a bit too hand-drawn; if you roughened them up a bit, and made the stained glass even more contrasting with a ticker black border in between the panes, I personally think it would look better. But then again, if you push it too far, you'd have to change the motif of the whole page, since the wolf's head, and a lot of everything else for that matter, is similarly synthetic-looking. I actually liked Wolfy's old site in that regard; I don't remember exactly, and I might turn out to be wrong, but it seemed to me that the stones looked more...real?

I saw nothing I would describe as "lag" really; the buttons changed from the normal, over, and click animations pretty smoothly (yeah, I've done some Flash myself), but I did notice that the searchlight itself stuttered stuttered, particularly when I ran my cursor over the buttons more quickly. Might I suggest, instead of the searchlight, using flashes of lightning to periodically illuminate the stained glass? It would probably make it a bit smoother, and also add to the atmosphere at the same time.

But those two points aside, I love it! Given even the relatively simple look of the site, I can't wait to see some of the other artwork you've done in the Wylfgard world.
-Gryph

Currently reading: Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, and 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Currently building: A MOC based on the new Space Police sets. Currently drawing: a dwarf! They're fun... Currently playing: Cortex Command and Dragon Age Currently watching: Just finished Clash of the Titans. Looking forward to Prince of Persia. Currently writing: Some world-building stuff for my stories.

#42 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

I'm French, so don't dare say bad about us.

• Nova Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Gryphon @ Jun 22 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About the stones, I agree. They look a bit too hand-drawn; if you roughened them up a bit, and made the stained glass even more contrasting with a ticker black border in between the panes, I personally think it would look better. But then again, if you push it too far, you'd have to change the motif of the whole page, since the wolf's head, and a lot of everything else for that matter, is similarly synthetic-looking. I actually liked Wolfy's old site in that regard; I don't remember exactly, and I might turn out to be wrong, but it seemed to me that the stones looked more...real?

I saw nothing I would describe as "lag" really; the buttons changed from the normal, over, and click animations pretty smoothly (yeah, I've done some Flash myself), but I did notice that the searchlight itself stuttered stuttered, particularly when I ran my cursor over the buttons more quickly. Might I suggest, instead of the searchlight, using flashes of lightning to periodically illuminate the stained glass? It would probably make it a bit smoother, and also add to the atmosphere at the same time.

But those two points aside, I love it! Given even the relatively simple look of the site, I can't wait to see some of the other artwork you've done in the Wylfgard world.

I agree that the stones should be darkened a bit since like what was said Wylfgard is kinda dark because of creatures and fear so the stones hould be more worn. I also just think that the Wylfgard writing is a bit too bright of a color and would look better a bit darker.

I had no problems with that moving light i moved my mouse repeatedly over them and i did it about 10 times and nothing happened except the cloud animations became a tiny bit jumpy but nothing too serious that i wouldn;t have noticed if it wasn't mentioned. It worked fine for me.

You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
You dig.

Posted Image

#43 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

Very nice Wolfy, I'm not that into Wylfgard, but the site looks very nice. smile.gif

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Hawk @ Jun 23 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice Wolfy, I'm not that into Wylfgard, but the site looks very nice. smile.gif

Well, this is my beginning of trying to get you (among other people) "into" it. tongue.gif So thanks for checking it out - and thanks for the comment. biggrin.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#45 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jun 24 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, this is my beginning of trying to get you (among other people) "into" it. tongue.gif So thanks for checking it out - and thanks for the comment. biggrin.gif

Lol, speaking of that I have been "into" it since I was introduced to the sight(since I joined). Ancient stuff, like legends, strories, and religions fascinate me, along with old items or buildings. Like the Parthenon in Greece, the Colisseum in Rome, Pompeii ruins, old Irish or Scottish castles, and even Egyptian pyramids fascinate me. So what I am saying(in a rather long way wink.gif ) is that Wylfgard also fascinates me, since it is kind of like a myth, and I'll probably a commoner around the Wylfgard sight when its up! biggrin.gif

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#46 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Wylfgard sounds interesting, I'll try to learn more.I still like Nova Refuge a lot but though,but I'll try to learn more, Ok. (Oh and magnificant job on the website I love it)

Edited by Star Wolf, 24 June 2009 - 11:54 AM.

Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#47 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

• Nova Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jun 24 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would try to get into it but i don't know where to go.

Wylfgard seems very interesting but i have to do one thing at a time. When i look at some awesome sci-fi, it's my favorite genre until i see some fantasy and so on.
But anything with werewolves and medieval-ish battles is bound to please me smile.gif

You dig.

Posted Image

#48 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jun 24 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, speaking of that I have been "into" it since I was introduced to the sight(since I joined). Ancient stuff, like legends, strories, and religions fascinate me, along with old items or buildings. Like the Parthenon in Greece, the Colisseum in Rome, Pompeii ruins, old Irish or Scottish castles, and even Egyptian pyramids fascinate me. So what I am saying(in a rather long way wink.gif ) is that Wylfgard also fascinates me, since it is kind of like a myth, and I'll probably a commoner around the Wylfgard sight when its up! biggrin.gif

Sounds great to me. biggrin.gif I'm very glad you're interested.

QUOTE (Star Wolf @ Jun 24 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wylfgard sounds interesting, I'll try to learn more.I still like Nova Refuge a lot but though,but I'll try to learn more, Ok. (Oh and magnificant job on the website I love it)

QUOTE (Death @ Jun 25 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wylfgard seems very interesting but i have to do one thing at a time. When i look at some awesome sci-fi, it's my favorite genre until i see some fantasy and so on.
But anything with werewolves and medieval-ish battles is bound to please me smile.gif

Um, you guys realize you can be interested in Wylfgard and Nova Refuge at the same time, right? tongue.gif
Glad you're taking some interest, though. wink.gif Thanks for checking out the site beta. Hopefully we can get the site up sometime in July...

QUOTE (Death)
I would try to get into it but i don't know where to go.

Well, so far, there's the Wylfgard Lore Archive here on the forums, which is a forum sticky in the Wylfgard board (although some if its information is insubstantial since some of my new writings, but it'll have to do for now). But that's not nearly as informative and extensive as the site will be when it's up, since I've been working a lot more on the information writeups for everything (including werewolves). wink.gif Still, until the site is up, I guess that's the place to start.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#49 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

I can't seem to get the little linky bar things at the top of the page to go anywhere. Or is that just because the pages don't exist yet.

Very nice job on the website, though the crow nearly made me fall out of my chair.
Posted Image

#50 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

Thats amazing! The raven-crow-dog-bird's cawwing made me jump and hit my leg on the desk, lol! I love the sites layout and art, but I do agree with you guys on the wolf snarling and the wind blowwing. This is awesome and I can't wait to see the site up!

#51 Archon

Archon

Sith'ari

• Nova Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

Okay, don't think I'm reviving a topic but, the freakin' crow that ran its mouth off everytime I clicked on a new page gave me a headache. But yah, I like the layout of the site, and I'd definitly like to see it grow in the future. (PS: Are you going to keep the crow? Heh.)

Posted Image
Gamertag: Archonize

#52 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:43 AM

So when does it get posted? tongue.gif

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#53 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

• Nova Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Hurricane @ Sep 7 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So when does it get posted? tongue.gif

i think she said somewhere(most likely in the Q&A) that it will come out during winter vacation or the vacation that i can't remember of before it.

You dig.

Posted Image

#54 cheeso194

cheeso194

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:33 AM

Awesome! Can't wait for it to be finished! And theres even gonna be games!

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#55 Werewolf King

Werewolf King

The night is dark and full of ninjas

• 739 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:13 AM

I love it! waaaayyyyy back when I would always check on that website and go 'darn. still a white page.' Then I say the actual website and the raven made me drop my cat. (I was petting it on my lap at the time.) anyway, I can't wait for it to get up. so I can nerd-up. Werewolves forever! tom.gif
Posted Image

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (werewolf king @ Dec 11 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it! waaaayyyyy back when I would always check on that website and go 'darn. still a white page.' Then I say the actual website and the raven made me drop my cat. (I was petting it on my lap at the time.) anyway, I can't wait for it to get up. so I can nerd-up. Werewolves forever! tom.gif

Glad you like it! biggrin.gif Sorry you dropped your kitty - but luckily they always land on their feet. tongue.gif I hope we can get the actual site up soon.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (cheeso194 @ Sep 20 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! Can't wait for it to be finished! And theres even gonna be games!

Most likely they'll be reviews.

#58 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Ruthless Xero @ Dec 11 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most likely they'll be reviews.

Nonsense, Wylfgard isn't a gaming site.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#59 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (MaverickWerewolf @ Dec 11 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nonsense, Wylfgard isn't a gaming site.

Wait a minute... Oh lord, that's what's taking so long isn't it?

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:44 AM

Um, no.

What's taking so long is the fact that none of us have had any real free time to speak of except for a few minutes here and there. We still need to make more character drawings for the character pages and do a bit more writing, and a map, before we can get it up - but we haven't had time.

I've done plenty of writing for it that we have yet to go over and add details to, so the writing isn't the big problem, here. Mostly it's the map and the artwork.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users