1489 replies to this topic

#1 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

http://ie.xbox360.ig.../1136356p1.html

According to a new report from Eurogamer Denmark, Bethesda Softworks is currently developing a fifth title in the Elder Scrolls series and that the game will be a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, released in 2006

An unnamed source confirmed "with official game documents in hand" that a new title is indeed coming and the voice acting for the characters is being recording in the coming weeks.

When asked for comment on the report, a Bethesda spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumor or speculation.

In an interview with IGN at Quakecon in August, Bethesda Game Director Todd Howard confirmed the developer's new, and still unannounced, title would not be using id Software's Rage engine, id Tech 5. Instead, Bethesda has created an entirely new game engine.

Bethesda also recently filed a trademark for an Oblivion movie.

New Elder Scrolls game, finally, and a new engine, finally.

Hell yes.

Also lololol I posted this before Deadfire.

#2 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

Voice acting shouldn't take too long. Bethesda just needs to find the same five guys who did Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#3 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

I'll be sure to not make the mistake of buying this over Steam so I can actually download mods for it. And thank goodness it's getting a new engine.

Also, point of interest:

Bethesda also recently filed a trademark for an Oblivion movie.

Anyone remember that DnD movie that was made a while ago? I get the feeling it'd be something like that. :lol:

nY1rpGl.gif

#4 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'll be sure to not make the mistake of buying this over Steam so I can actually download mods for it. And thank goodness it's getting a new engine.

Also, point of interest:

Anyone remember that DnD movie that was made a while ago? I get the feeling it'd be something like that. :lol:

Oh I hope the movie's not like that...

Posted Image

#5 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yes. I love the Elder Scrolls series. Morrowind still holds a special place in my heart.

#6 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

Voice acting shouldn't take too long. Bethesda just needs to find the same five guys who did Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

Funny but true.

I got super scared because of that at one point. I was doing a DB quest from Vicente and got pulled into some Vampire-Hunting club. One of the characters (off screen at this point) spoke, and he had the same voice actor as Vicente (Vampire). So I was like "Wait nooooooooooo! Viccey it's what it looks like!"

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

They also need to pay off two celebrities to voice boring, lifeless characters that will get killed.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#8 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

I liked Sean Bean! Though his character is as you say; boring.

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

I liked Sean Bean! Though his character is as you say; boring.

Hey, I didn't say I didn't! In fact, I haven't disliked any of the celebrities that they chose (Sean Bean and Liam Neeson are both awesome, for instance). Their characters just sucked. Plus they aren't really voice actors; Bethesda just buys them for their names to flaunt and try to draw more buyers. I'm not saying they do\did a bad job, I'm just saying that Bethesda should consider using all the money they must pay these big-named actors to buy some dedicated voice actors who can\will play multiple people in the game using different voices, so that they can add some actual variety.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:19 AM

Sean Bean and Liam Neeson are both awesome, for instance.

I think you mean Patrick Stewart ;).

It's about time they announced TES V. I just hope, with all my heart, that it isn't an MMO like some rumors have been saying. An MMO might be good, but I'd much rather have a single-player RPG. TES just doesn't seem like a suitable MMO world.

Not to mention that this picture shows what an MMO would be like, TES style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

I think you mean Patrick Stewart ;).

I believe Wolfy meant Liam Neeson, seeing as he voiced James in Fallout 3. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRifj-2EEKs

#12 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRifj-2EEKs

Thank you Xero. My life is nearly complete. I only now need to get this game when it comes out, and I may forever rest. THIS. LOOKS. BEAST.

#13 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Edited by Richard, 11 December 2010 - 03:59 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#14 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

Dragon + various Akaviri symbols = Akaviri invasion?

And, although it's tough to tell, perhaps an heir to the throne as the protaganist? He said Dragon-born, which could mean either being descended from Tiber Septim or born in the Empire.

Thoughts?

Posted Image

#15 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

>Skyrim

Hell yeah. Can't wait.

#16 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Holy- that was the Avatar of Akavir that just ignited the wall carving, so as Azoth mentioned, it's quite likely we'll get an Akaviri invasion.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#17 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Hmm...Skyrim and not Cyrodiil as some people expected since they mentioned it would be a direct sequel to Oblivion? +1. The avatar of Akavir taking up most of the teaser trailer as Harrow pointed out, that could speculate that an invasion will take place? +1. Mention of DRAGONS being in this game? +1. In the interview with Eurogamer(not in the quote Kikayoaka provided though), the mentioning of the term "dragon lord," suggesting that we very well may be either slaying or taming (a) dragon(s)? +1. The mention of the Blades once again taking place in the story, as well as the word "Dragonborn"(referencing Tiber Septim/Uriel Septim)? +1. Entirely new game engine? +1. From the background music of the teaser video, the score sounds pretty epic so far; and provided it doesn't get repetitive as in Oblivion, another +1 from me.

Looks to me like this game has the potential to be not only my favorite game, but Bethesda's best game. I loved Oblivion and have yet to play Morrowind, but words cannot express how much I cannot wait for this. It's almost like Wolfy/Wiffles/Ocelot for Uncharted 3, except not that crazy. :P

#18 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

On closer inspection, it appeared that when it shows the Akaviri symbol found on the game case of Oblivion, Akulakhan is to the left. Akulakhan was a machine "god" type thing that Dagoth Ur created in Morrowind to drive the outlanders from Morrowind and conquer Tamriel. I don't see how Akulakhan could make an appearance, however... It was destroyed before the Oblivion Crisis, certainly before the events of Skyrim. I'm thinking the carvings on the wall are simply interpretations of the Elder Scrolls. For those of you who don't know what the Elder Scrolls are, or their significance, they're essentially a bunch of prophecies of heroes rising and doing what heroes do.

Posted Image

#19 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

On closer inspection, it appeared that when it shows the Akaviri symbol found on the game case of Oblivion, Akulakhan is to the left. Akulakhan was a machine "god" type thing that Dagoth Ur created in Morrowind to drive the outlanders from Morrowind and conquer Tamriel. I don't see how Akulakhan could make an appearance, however... It was destroyed before the Oblivion Crisis, certainly before the events of Skyrim. I'm thinking the carvings on the wall are simply interpretations of the Elder Scrolls. For those of you who don't know what the Elder Scrolls are, or their significance, they're essentially a bunch of prophecies of heroes rising and doing what heroes do.

I thought they were records of everything that has and will happen? And you also go blind if you read them too long.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#20 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

It's almost like Wolfy/Wiffles/Ocelot for Uncharted 3, except not that crazy. :P

Hey, I'm stoked for Skyrim too. I love Oblivion (speaking of which, I need to wrap up the questlines I wanted to finish. I don't even touch the main story unless it's to get something I want (like all of Jauffre's gear, the Blades Akavari Katana) I just do the DB and Arena, then after that I'm going to become a Dechess of Dementia/Madness.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elder Scrolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users