NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Important lore changes & updates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

POPULAR

A few changes have been made to the general lore of Wulfgard, and I've been working on updating the wikia to reflect them. Here's a simple list, just to keep you updated:

- Firstly, all lycanthropes except werewolves (werebears, wereboars, werefoxes, wererats, werejackals) have been removed and replaced with beastfolk of their respective animals. Lycanthropy is now a curse entirely unique to werewolves. I'm still working on articles about each of the beastfolk. Though werebears may possibly retain the name "werebears," they will not have any shapeshifting abilities.

- Shadow Elves and Deep Dwarves have been removed. Since they were very similar to Light Elves and Mountain Dwarves, any characters that were shadow elves or deep dwarves can easily be unusual light elves, wood elves, or mountain dwarves.

As for more specific wikia updates...

- The Werewolves page has been heavily revised to clarify all of the information and better portray what werewolves are like in Wulfgard. I highly recommend to anyone interested that they re-read the article, as I tried to improve it considerably. I didn't like that old one much at all when I looked at it again. :P

- Instead of all beastfolk races being thrown into a single, long, unsightly article, I have been working on breaking up the races to have their own articles with more detailed information. I have yet to write much new on the articles themselves, and I am editing the main beastfolk page to be easier to read while I'm posting this, but be sure to keep an eye on the various articles in the Beastfolk section (all beastfolk races are also listed in the Monsters category, found on the main page of the wikia) for updates.

- Minor edits have been made to both the Light Elves and Mountain Dwarves articles to reflect the removal of Shadow Elves and Deep Dwarves. Further edits may come soon.

- A few minor edits were made to all of the Elven race pages. I removed the oddly specific heights under their appearance characteristics, among other things. I also tried to clarify that many races have more than one name. For instance, Light Elves are also called High Elves. Wood Elves are also known as Low Elves or Grey Elves.

- As mentioned in the weekly updates topic, a new character page was added (including a new sketch) - Sir Scaevius, one of the main antagonists of The Legend of the Five.

- Again, as mentioned in the weekly updates topic, new pages were added for Persinshar, The Wastes, and The Untouchable Tower of Nirav Sadar (which includes a new sketch).

- A sketch was added to Surandil's character page.

That's all for now. Expect further updates very soon! :)

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#2 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Patron
  • 709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hmmm... Where'd my illustration go... Well, it needed an update I guess.

Edited by Dagoth-ur, 25 May 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#3 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

I really like the drawing for the article for The Wastes, hazy desert scenes are just about always cool. :D

#4 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Loving the updated pages, and the sketch of Surandil is awesome. I can't believe I never saw it before! Very cool stuff, especially digging the Felesian page! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users