SYWBAA #102: Battle in the Clanhall, Pt. 1

Posted by Saber-Scorpion, 11 May 2008 · 3,761 views

SYWBAA SSL Update LEGO Halo Decals Gaming Nolan North Shop
(insert more apologies/excuses for slowness here). You may have noticed I've posted quite a few updates! - In the Halo LEGO section, check out the UNSC Forces page for some of my new Halo figs (at the top)! - New LEGO minifigs based on the characters of Firefly/Serenity! - In the Star Wars LEGO section, some new minifigs from my old fan fictions. - In the Assassin's Creed LEGO section, a new creation based on the battle between Altair and Robert de Sable! - Naturally, lots of new stuff in the decal shop! Check the Sci-Fi, Space, Dark vs. Light, and Historic sections. I still haven't gotten a new shopping cart system up and running, so I decided to just add the new stuff into the existing system for now. Enjoy! By the way, I just thought I'd throw this out there in order to support a great new game: Sins of a Solar Empire is the best strategy game I've played in years, and definitely the best sci-fi strategy game I've ever played. It's been a while since I've bought an RTS that I actually enjoyed the gameplay of so much that I would play skirmishes in single player with no storyline to drive me on. And since Sins of a Solar Empire has no storyline mode anyway, that's necessary. I admit I might have liked a story mode, but it's not necessary in a game with such innovative and large-scale gameplay. Definitely worth a look. While I'm on the subject of games I'm currently playing, here's something ironic: I recently bought two new video cards (a pair of 512MB nVidia GeForce 8800GT cards to run in SLI) and a new video game at the same time... only the game that I bought (Fallout: Tactics) is pretty darn old (2001) and does not actually require a video card at all. Heh. The cards work great though, and I love the game too. There's something graet about older games that new games just can't replicate, and Fallout: Tactics has it. For one thing, it's highly customizable. I love being able to build my whole party from scratch. Well, okay, so you're only supposed to be able to create your main character and then hire party members as you go. But I couldn't settle for that, so I modded the game a bit so that I could recruit my own custom characters (based on the characters of G4M3: Shattered Reality, of course, since it fits the post-apocalyptic setting the best of anything I've written). I did the same thing with Neverwinter Nights 2 recently, using a mod called "Universal Companions" or something. See, that's what I really love about PC gaming: if you want to play the game differently than the game designers intended, you can. You can modify the game and play it however you like. Ah, the wonders of PC gaming... This is why I still haven't bought a new Xbox game since Dark Messiah: Might & Magic: Elements.

Testing the comments to blog entries.
Everything seems good, although I can see the post counts again. Avatars, signatures, and links are ok.

Great comic. Whenever I see those "part 1" things, I just want to read more.
Hey look, someone noticed the blog feature. tongue.gif Hm... actually I didn't want it to show avatars and signatures here; they take up a lot of room. I'll look into them and the post counts...
Question: Will other members be able to create blogs?
I'm still thinking about it. wink.gif Currently only admins & mods can create them.
Sweet, so this is what you were working on earlier. As for the comic, might I ask what on Earth "fool powder" is from?
Hint: If you rearrange the letter so that the last letter is instead the second, you get the actual name. wink.gif
Another Question: Will Global mods and Admins control blogs, or will you be making more mods that will be in charge of the blogs?

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ May 11 2008, 02:47 PM)
Hint: If you rearrange the letter so that the last letter is instead the second, you get the actual name. wink.gif

Umm, What?
QUOTE (Shenko @ May 11 2008, 03:10 PM)
Another Question: Will Global mods and Admins control blogs, or will you be making more mods that will be in charge of the blogs?

Well since only admins and global mods can even make blogs right now, I suppose they'll each be in charge of their own.

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ May 11 2008, 02:47 PM)

Umm, What?

Fool Powder = Floo Powder
QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ May 11 2008, 03:29 PM)

I don't know what that is, but, ok.
QUOTE (Shenko @ May 11 2008, 02:31 PM)

It's a Harry Potter thing, it basically transports you or at least parts of you using fires and whatnot.

Well, Scorp, liked the new comic and all. Now, I was wondering if you could allow Local Mods the ability to blog. Unlike a good deal of people here, I enjoy blogging, and we Locals could use it as a type of "Official News" place for each of our boards. I mean, it kind of would make sense to, seeing as me and Ter have more to talk about then, let's say, El_Rolly and Thrawn. Also, I don't really think regular members should have blogs, seeing as this place would turn into basically the Cantina Mk. 2.
QUOTE (Crackers @ May 11 2008, 03:48 PM)
It's a Harry Potter thing, it basically transports you or at least parts of you using fires and whatnot.

Also, I don't really think regular members should have blogs, seeing as this place would turn into basically the Cantina Mk. 2.

I remember that, now tongue.gif

Not another Cantina! The first one was worse by itself!
QUOTE (Crackers @ May 11 2008, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Shenko @ May 11 2008, 02:31 PM)

Well, Scorp, liked the new comic and all. Now, I was wondering if you could allow Local Mods the ability to blog. Unlike a good deal of people here, I enjoy blogging, and we Locals could use it as a type of "Official News" place for each of our boards. I mean, it kind of would make sense to, seeing as me and Ter have more to talk about then, let's say, El_Rolly and Thrawn. Also, I don't really think regular members should have blogs, seeing as this place would turn into basically the Cantina Mk. 2.

That makes sense. Okay, I'll enable them for local mods as well. Although I wouldn't say that El Rolly and Thrawn have less to talk about; it's just that they don't come on much anymore. tongue.gif
Anyway, it's done.

I was thinking about making blogs available for Nova Members only, but I'm not sure about that either... I'll have to sleep on it. It would open up a whole new area to need moderation, for one thing... hm.
QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ May 11 2008, 04:05 PM)
I was thinking about making blogs available for Nova Members only, but I'm not sure about that either... I'll have to sleep on it. It would open up a whole new area to need moderation, for one thing... hm.

Another thing that I won't be able to have.dry.gif And don't worry, we still have the report button.
Making it only available to Novice's will make it even worse to be a Freebie.

I mean: Making ANOTHER exclusive ability? It's bad enough my money didn't arrive for the Nova board. But now no blogs?

Madness! tongue.gif

But yeah: If Free members can't have a blog, niether should a Nova.
That is unfair. wink.gif
QUOTE (Jayhenn @ May 11 2008, 05:44 PM)
But yeah: If Free members can't have a blog, niether should a Nova.
That is unfair. wink.gif

Well, Nova members had to spend there good money on Scorp (for various reasons) to get Nova. That is unfair.
Nobody said life was fair. reallyevil.gif

Hey, I got this blog system in order to host my own blog for my site, not host free blogs for everyone who wanted one. If I could do that, I'd be running a blog hosting website. rolleyes.gif I probably won't make blogs available to anyone except mods, but if I do make them available, it will only be to Nova Members.
Any way, back on topic, Nice comic. I thought it was funny when the robot called Bomm a hair ball.
laugh.gif Floo Powder. Perhaps Bob could come across a Parry Hotter on his travels? That would be hilarious.
Is it me, or have Hawkin's swords gone metalic? tongue.gif
Anyhow, cool issue. Can't believe Bomm got knocke down by the steampunk thing! Le gasp! tongue.gif
What set are those two swords from?

Subscribe to Updates

Click Here to Subscribe to my News Feed via e-mail!

Or follow me on any of these websites:

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

October 2018

S M T W T F S
141516171819 20

Search My Blog

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)