NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hey.

So I want to get Errant going again. I may not be as active as I used to be, since I have such ambitious projects underway at the moment. But I hate to let this stay dead, especially now that a new year's getting properly going.

I'm not going to bother making a poll and such, since what I'm looking for right now is discussion and opinions. What would you guys like to see next from Errant this year? What kind of campaign(s) would you want to participate in, and what do you want from them? Give me all your thoughts.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Something super friendly to new comers.

I've considered joining for a long time, but have kind of hesitated because it really seemed like everyone was looking for experienced RP'ers.

Just my $0.02.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

Pretty much reiterating what I said the last time this came up:

I'd go for a story/character -driven campaign. And preferably one focusing more-or-less on a single faction, so as to hopefully ensure at least some amount of party cohesion.

P.S.: I like your new profile pic., Wolfy. :3

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

Oh hey Wolfy. I didn't recognize you at first because of your new profile picture. :D

Here's what I'd like to see from a campaign this year:

1. Finishing up Delving too Deep, even if it is just summarizing everything.
  2. A Free-roam campaign. Maybe without just one story to focus on, we could focus on character development.  :shrug:
  3. I FINALLY RUN A SUCCESSFUL ERRANT CAMPAIGN

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

Something super friendly to new comers.

I've considered joining for a long time, but have kind of hesitated because it really seemed like everyone was looking for experienced RP'ers.

Just my $0.02.

Hm, noted. I'd love to have you aboard, Nightstalker. :D I never wanted the campaigns to seem like we were only looking for "experience." I'll try to keep that in mind when I come up with another one.

Pretty much reiterating what I said the last time this came up:

I'd go for a story/character -driven campaign. And preferably one focusing more-or-less on a single faction, so as to hopefully ensure at least some amount of party cohesion.

P.S.: I like your new profile pic., Wolfy. :3

Also noted. I think that'd go well with something more welcoming to newcomers, too.

Why thank you. :D It's some Unikitty fanart. Chris Hawkfield, to be precise (and I didn't even have to commission it). Because Hawkodile is just a super cartoony Chris Redfield and that's why he is the best thing ever.

Oh hey Wolfy. I didn't recognize you at first because of your new profile picture. :D

Here's what I'd like to see from a campaign this year:

1. Finishing up Delving too Deep, even if it is just summarizing everything.
  2. A Free-roam campaign. Maybe without just one story to focus on, we could focus on character development.  :shrug:
  3. I FINALLY RUN A SUCCESSFUL ERRANT CAMPAIGN

That's alright, slugger. But you should start getting used to it. Might be around for a while. ;)

1. Noted. I'll probably go with a summary, at this point, I'm afraid.

2. There's nothing restricting anyone from focusing on character development in a story-driven campaign, though. :/ Most of the character development I've seen has come from them, too.

3. Can't help you with that, I'm afraid. Would if I could.

Thanks for the responses, everybody. Anyone have any particular preferences as to what they'd like to see, especially if I were to start brainstorming for a faction-centric campaign?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Anyone have any particular preferences as to what they'd like to see, especially if I were to start brainstorming for a faction-centric campaign?

I guess I would favor leaning away from what have sort of become the two "standard" factions (Inquisitors and Templar) in favor of something at least a little less overtly magical.

For Imperials: either the Venatori, or a group of knights/soldiers. I'd be willing to try the Caiden Venator campaign you've brought up in the past (though, focusing on a long-established char., it would probably be less welcoming to newcomers).

Something Imperial would probably be the best starting point, being a little simpler and more relatable, but if one wanted to do something else, a campaign focusing on the elven Longstriders, or maybe a group of northmen (the Brotherhood of the Bifrost Banner, perhaps) might work, too.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#7 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, on the note of a more specific setting, a group of northmen or Imperials largely from a single tribe/organization sounds good to me. I'd lean towards a group of knights/soldiers for the sake of newcomers but also making characters of that sort is oddly difficult for me. Granted, monsters in disguise are, I assume, an option in that kind of case... :v

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#8 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

I'd lean towards a group of knights/soldiers for the sake of newcomers but also making characters of that sort is oddly difficult for me. Granted, monsters in disguise are, I assume, an option in that kind of case... :v

If they are, I've got dibs on a vampire knight (since he's been sitting in the special permissions topic for the last three months). :D

Posted Image

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

1. Noted. I'll probably go with a summary, at this point, I'm afraid.

2. There's nothing restricting anyone from focusing on character development in a story-driven campaign, though. :/ Most of the character development I've seen has come from them, too.

3. Can't help you with that, I'm afraid. Would if I could.

Eh, I think it was unavoidable anyway. 

That's true, I guess.

Support from you guys (i.e. PEOPLE ACTUALLY SHOWING INTEREST IN ANY OF THESE) is key. ;)

As for my two cents for what we should actually do for a campaign are these:

1: We play as the villains. I kind of wanted to do this with the Weeping Mage in Chasing Shadows, but since I didn't communicate it that well and didn't rp it too well, he ended up dying like a total dumb@$$. I would love to play as either a Hidden or Umbra Coven character, or at least some sort of mage related campaign so I could bring back Bale.

2: Some sort of campaign where we don't really play as any major faction, just mercenaries. I need an excuse to play as these guys

#10 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

I'm up for anything really. I think sticking with something simpler for now might be best, just to get things rolling again.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

I've come up with a few concepts; still vague, at this point, but they're starters. I'm going to go ahead and toss up the general ideas here so those interested can let me know which one sounds best.

1: We play as the villains. I kind of wanted to do this with the Weeping Mage in Chasing Shadows, but since I didn't communicate it that well and didn't rp it too well, he ended up dying like a total dumb@$$. I would love to play as either a Hidden or Umbra Coven character, or at least some sort of mage related campaign so I could bring back Bale.

2: Some sort of campaign where we don't really play as any major faction, just mercenaries. I need an excuse to play as these guys

I have always wanted to do a villain RP; I attempted some long in the past, but they never really went very well for assorted reasons, including that most players don't have much interest in playing very evil characters. I always wanted to do one involving the Chaos races, or possibly even something set in Nidavellir...

Delving Too Deep was essentially my latest foray into the "mismatched group of adventurers/mercenaries of no particular faction." The primary issue comes back to what Sareth mentioned about a total lack of party cohesion. I may try another of those in the future, but I'm going to steer away from those for now, I think.

So, here are my current ideas:

• The Venator RP from that old poll. I wouldn't expect or require anyone to play any existing characters, and it wouldn't require any previous knowledge. All players would be Venatori, with possibly some case made for someone outside the faction, as long as they're still Imperials (such as knights). I'm actually getting increasingly fond of this one; I was pretty fond of it when I first came up with it, too.
  • A RP focusing on Northrim and Nordling clans. Would include politics, adventure, and lore exploration. Berserkers and werewolves would be involved. All players would be Nordlings of potentially various clans, with perhaps some leeway for outsiders who have integrated themselves, but they would have to have extremely close allegiance to a particular clan in order to suit the RP.

Note that all of these RPs would be low fantasy/low magic and require no prior knowledge of Errant events (although, it being a persistent world, players' actions in it will remain constant). I often feel like Errant is too high in magic, more often than not, and it'd be fun to try steering away from that for a while and at least trying to do something closer to the heart of the setting. :P

Let me know what you think. And if anyone has any suggestions at all, or any particular region or bit of lore they'd like to explore, or faction they'd like to be a part of, or even a specific character they'd like to use, let me know. I want to make something everyone will be inspired to join and stick with. :)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 Poetic

Poetic

Pure Cinnamon Roll

• Nova Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I support the Venatori campaign, just my personal preference. A simplistic monster-hunt campaign seems like an easier way to kick back into Errant, and lead into other storylines.

64a00586gw1emine46g7pg209q05gu0z.gif

​"Keep running."

#13 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

So, here are my current ideas:
  • The Venator RP from that old poll. I wouldn't expect or require anyone to play any existing characters, and it wouldn't require any previous knowledge. All players would be Venatori, with possibly some case made for someone outside the faction, as long as they're still Imperials (such as knights). I'm actually getting increasingly fond of this one; I was pretty fond of it when I first came up with it, too.
  • A RP focusing on Northrim and Nordling clans. Would include politics, adventure, and lore exploration. Berserkers and werewolves would be involved. All players would be Nordlings of potentially various clans, with perhaps some leeway for outsiders who have integrated themselves, but they would have to have extremely close allegiance to a particular clan in order to suit the RP.

Note that all of these RPs would be low fantasy/low magic and require no prior knowledge of Errant events (although, it being a persistent world, players' actions in it will remain constant). I often feel like Errant is too high in magic, more often than not, and it'd be fun to try steering away from that for a while and at least trying to do something closer to the heart of the setting. :P

Both sound good, but I'm leaning towards the Venatori as well, since I already have an appropriate char. for that.

And I second the sentiment: we have been rather flush with magic-users (admittedly, I was a couple of them...). :D

Posted Image

#14 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

I'll join the support for the Venatori campaign. Granted, I imagine a certain pixie will be making an appearance there if I remember the idea right, but I'll try to do more with a plain old Venatori lad than her. XD

#15 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

If I can find the time between finishing my last semester and my job, I'd love to join a Venator campaign.

#16 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

I'm up for both, but I'm leaning towards the Northern RP because I know that I'm just going to play as Agethar again for the Venator one.

#17 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

I'll give a thumbs up for the Venatori.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Wow, overwhelmingly for the Venator campaign. :lol: I'm cool with that!

I'll have a sign-up topic up in a few days; might be more like a week or so, depending on how long it takes me to finish detailing my outline. In the meantime, the sign-up requirements will be pretty simple: just be a Venator.

Feel free to start working on your character(s), and if anyone has any questions, don't be shy. :D

I'm up for both, but I'm leaning towards the Northern RP because I know that I'm just going to play as Agethar again for the Venator one.

Except you sound very bored with that. So play as someone else, if you've lost interest in Agethar. There's absolutely no hard and fast rule requiring you to play as him simply because it's a Venator campaign. You should only play as a character you're actually interested in exploring.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

It's not that I'm bored with Agethar, its just that he's the character I play as the most. :D

But I guess I can just create another Venator.

#20 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Huh, I almost forgot I had Lydus Sticky-Fingers sitting around. I promise he'll be nicer around a lot of fellow Venatori than he was during his, ah, debut. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users