NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

A Dying Breed OOC - Rules, Character List, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

I am the wuuurst but my post is up now and it's kinda lazy but there Asti's helping snoop and Sivan will assemble a war party lets go homies

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#42 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Yggmindl is asking about Sivan' s war party, not sure if she'll join it. She does need to chat up Crestwell whenever he's finished snooping in Caiden's room...

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#43 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

I'm enjoying the interaction as well, so feel free to have Crestwell tag along!  Kate needs someone smarter around to temper her aggression, plus I'd rather not have her completely alone on her search.

Plus, if Kate and Cyrus are following standard Hollywood Romance Tropes, they'd be madly in love. ;)

Also, updated list!:

• Pellio of Krisa & Allan of Whitehorn

Lyneth Brys

Athens Astoria

• Loke of Pluton & Silvius of Appledale

Sivan and Asti

Kate Meloria

Cyrus Malcolm

Crestwell

• Indigo of Deltalund & Darin of Caltha - Group Departed

Spoiler
  • Undecided

Brennus

Yggmindl Stonecracker

Daisy

Jed and Forge

#44 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Plus, if Kate and Cyrus are following standard Hollywood Romance Tropes, they'd be madly in love. ;)

You're certainly free to sail whatever ship you like, as I am free to say, "eww, no thanks."  Appreciate the offer, though.  The "alone" bit was mostly a jab at El Taco for not posting at the time, but yes, Cyrus is welcome to join the group looking for Silvius and Loke.

Thanks for the list!  For those in the group with Kate, I have made the first DM post in our new zone, Brookpasture.  Feel free to post any needed reactions or conversation conclusions in Castle Greywatch before you head over, and I'll respond to them if needed.  We will also be joined by the NPC Keva, since Sivan wanted another set of hands.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#45 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

You're certainly free to sail whatever ship you like, as I am free to say, "eww, no thanks."  Appreciate the offer, though.  The "alone" bit was mostly a jab at El Taco for not posting at the time, but yes, Cyrus is welcome to join the group looking for Silvius and Loke.

Thanks for the list!  For those in the group with Kate, I have made the first DM post in our new zone, Brookpasture.  Feel free to post any needed reactions or conversation conclusions in Castle Greywatch before you head over, and I'll respond to them if needed.  We will also be joined by the NPC Keva, since Sivan wanted another set of hands.

Looks like my RP Characters will stay in the friendzone, just like me. :I

Yeah, that kind of confused me. I'll start posting there after Cyrus gets annoyed to death by Jed and Forge.

EDIT: New list, even though we really don't need one:

• Pellio of Krisa & Allan of Whitehorn

Lyneth Brys

Athens Astoria

• Loke of Pluton & Silvius of Appledale - Group Departed
Spoiler

• Indigo of Deltalund & Darin of Caltha - Group Departed

Spoiler
  • Undecided

Brennus

Yggmindl Stonecracker

Daisy

Jed and Forge

#46 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Works for me!  I can edit the Brookpasture post as necessary, if anyone else joins, switches to the remaining group, or otherwise drops out.  Just wanted to get it opened up and keep the campaign moving as planned.

#47 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

Not sure how to log samples of Caidenfluidstm in my inventory so I should probably just log it in my inventory. Also, is it reasonable for us to meta-game Crestwell, Sivan, Kate and maybe someone like Brennus as being able to vouch for Asti's innocence in regards to that mission. What line of communication is reasonable?

EDIT: I feel like I was gonna try to write 'wait for wolfy before I log it in my inventory' but I biffed that anyway...

Edited by El Taco, 04 June 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#48 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

LOL, Caidenfluidstm, indeed!  Yes, just logging it in your inventory should be fine.

Well, we can infer that conversations regarding her plan took place on the way to the Brookpasture zone, but for Brennus, you may want to make another quick post letting him know in Castle Greywatch, since I think Maverick intends to keep him there for now.  I can even write a reply post gathering our group and getting you an opening for that, unless you want to reunite Sivan and Asti yourself.

#49 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

With the Brookpasture zone already in place I'll just add a post in Greywatch between Asti and Brennus before I add anything to the new zone and we should be good.

Also the meaning of my previous post is actually totally backwards pre-edit lol. 

#50 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

Oh man I'm so glad there's no spam or double posting rule anymore because groaning 'god I'm lazy' in a public forum every time I pump out an weak post because I forget to do it when I'm in a good state of mind to is gonna be an ESSENTIAL part of my participation nah I'm just kidding that would be insufferable.

I swear I actually wanna be in this I really do haha. Here. No off-topic talk ban either right? Homies in this campaign. Name your top three inspirations for posts in this. Legit. What gets you in the mood to RP? Here's mine (setting ASIDE Capulet pressure and my capacity for guilt cause that's kind of beating a dead horse)

1. My beautiful and overweight cat comes and sits down in my lap. I don't wanna get up but I'm actually super proactive! So I'm like what's the most productive thing to do right now since my cat is sitting in my and I love her? Post in the RP.

2. An upcoming theme wedding in my extended family that makes me snicker and I have to remind me that not all fantasy stuff in my life is cringey. 

3. The absence of Game of Thrones. That's right. This time of year I'm usually angry about the fact that Game of Thrones is still on TV even though it's really awful and the plain existence of it totally ruined the ability of an entire literary fanbase to enjoy the admittedly maybe-never-coming-out book series. God I hate GoT, so usually this time of year I'm sour about fantasy. Not this year. This year there's no GoT and I'm like springtime is a good time to read Redwall and roleplay and stuff!

I should really be a Nova Member by now I joined like eight years ago it's borderline disrespectful that I haven't spent money. Man. 

Edited by El Taco, 04 June 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#51 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

Sorry if you felt pressured, I just wanted to make sure that you didn't feel left out, especially with how quickly events were moving along.  I've had real life interfere with my posting schedule as both a player and a DM, and know how overwhelming it can be to get caught up when people are having fun and really getting going.  Hopefully you took it more as a fellow jogger playfully encouraging you to keep going, and not a taskmaster reminding you of a deadline.  >.>

As for motivation to post, I normally draw that from other players.  I look at their reactions to my own posts, and think excitedly, "how can I carry on this conversation and meet our goals?" or "those were some good zingers, how would my character respond?".  Forum RPs like Errant started as a great source of practice in my writing hobby, and continue to be an inspiration and joy in the ironically rare quiet moments at my desk job.

Edit: Well, Maverick and Scorp have no control over your finances and can still make ad revenue from free members kind enough to deactivate adblock.  But I'm sure they appreciate you contributing to the site.  And a quick check of your profile allows me to welcome you to the ranks of the Nova Patrons!

#52 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

God I hate GoT, so usually this time of year I'm sour about fantasy. Not this year. This year there's no GoT and I'm like springtime is a good time to read Redwall and roleplay and stuff!

mjo.gif

DID SOMEBODY SAY REDWALL?!

JEBUS CHRISTMAS ON A UNICYCLE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO READ THOSE!!!

*ooc derail imminent*

#53 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

DID SOMEBODY SAY REDWALL?!

JEBUS CHRISTMAS ON A UNICYCLE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO READ THOSE!!!

*ooc derail imminent*

[derail]

I own literally every single Redwall novel, and have read each one multiple times. I am the king of Redwall. :shades:

P.S.: Taggerung is best book. (Loamhedge is the saddest)

[/derail]

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#54 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

POPULAR

Figured I'd join the 'drag Krystia off for a conversation about her love-life club'. Someone has to balance out Lyneth's bad influence. :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#55 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

I went ahead and made the Brookpasture group's transition more official to tie up loose ends story-wise, but I can still adjust my DM post there if Yggmindi wants to join and/or if Cyrus decides to stick with Jed and Forge.

#56 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

I can post in there as Cyrus, but he won't officially be there until Jed and Forge actually respond to him.  ;)

#57 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

I understand.  Maverick gave me permission to keep things moving with Brennus, but I'm not familiar enough with Jed and Forge to post for them, hence why I left plenty of room to finish any ongoing conversations.

#58 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

I'll post as soon as I can. Things aren't great here right now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#59 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:16 AM

On that note, Poetic and I are just about ready to go to Fort Slaughter. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#60 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

Shots fired, Sareth.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users